Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Where did I ever say that we are supposed to grasp everything about God? Now your putting words out there that I never said. Why is that?
But the clear teachings of the bible are exactly that, clear. Many things we are to know exactly by what is said in the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16, 17 says:
16 "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reprovi ...[text shortened]... in some mysterious spirit being, that's your problem. If your ok with that mess then it's all yours.
You think Jesus Christ was an angel. I demonstrated to you how that belief is Scriptually false.

Because you had no retort, you ignored what I wrote and continued on with your disproven mantras.

You think following Jesus’ commandments and good works are required for salvation. I demonstrated to you how that belief is Scriptually false.

Because you had no retort, you ignored what I wrote and continued on with your mantras.

You think Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven after His Resurrection as a “spirit being.” I asked for Scriptual evidence of that.

Because you couldn’t provide any, you ignored the question and continued on with your mantras.

You claimed no human being can explain the Trinity as though that automatically invalidates it. That’s where I got the idea that you think a human being must be able to fully grasp and comprehend God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I have all the facts I need:

Bears
youths
Mauling
Sent by God
So the actions of the youths are irrelevant to you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
You think following Jesus’ commandments and good works are required for salvation.
You are ignoring the teachings of Jesus Christ and changing the words used in the bible.

Following the commandments of Christ is required for eternal life. On the day of judgment Jesus gave eternal life to the Righteous Sheep, because they kept these commandments ..... For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25:35-36 KJV)

The unrighteous goats did not keep these commandments and they are cast out.

YES indeed, Keeping the commandments IS REQUIRED FOR ETERNAL LIFE.
Your church is apostate and contrary to Christ and preaching false doctrines.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
You are ignoring the teachings of Jesus Christ and changing the words used in the bible.

Following the commandments of Christ is required for eternal life. On the day of judgment Jesus gave eternal life to the Righteous Sheep, because they kept these commandments [i] ..... For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a s ...[text shortened]... FOR ETERNAL LIFE.
Your church is apostate and contrary to Christ and preaching false doctrines.
You’ve been shown countless times how the passage you cited doesn’t say what you claim.

And you fail to keep the commandments because you neither love God not love your neighbor. Hate’s got no home in the Kingdom of God, mouth worshipper and commandment breaker.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
You’ve been shown countless times how the passage you cited doesn’t say what you claim.

And you fail to keep the commandments because you neither love God not love your neighbor. Hate’s got no home in the Kingdom of God, mouth worshipper and commandment breaker.
Posting your church doctrine which sounds like convoluted nonsense is not proof that Jesus is wrong. I have quoted the teachings of Christ. Quoting your version of Paul can in no way contradict Jesus Christ. Unfortunately for you, you are deluded by your church and the countless twisted verses of 'saved by grace' and other such passages.

All people are saved by Grace. All people have had the imputed sin of Adam removed. All people have an opportunity to enter the Kingdom of God provided they keep the commandments.

Professing you are saved, or have the Holy Spirit means nothing, All that means is that you are a fool with a bible in your hand.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Posting your church doctrine which sounds like convoluted nonsense is not proof that Jesus is wrong. I have quoted the teachings of Christ. Quoting your version of Paul can in no way contradict Jesus Christ. Unfortunately for you, you are deluded by your church and the countless twisted verses of 'saved by grace' and other such passages.

All people are saved by Grace. ...[text shortened]... have the Holy Spirit means nothing, All that means is that you are a fool with a bible in your hand.
<<Professing you are saved, or have the Holy Spirit means nothing, All that means is that you are a fool with a bible in your hand.>>

Have a looky loo at these passages:

“At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.”

(Matthew 11:25-26)

“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

That no flesh should glory in his presence.“

(1 Corinthians 1:18-29)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
<<Professing you are saved, or have the Holy Spirit means nothing, All that means is that you are a fool with a bible in your hand.>>

Have a looky loo at these passages:

“At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Even so, Fathe ...[text shortened]... o nought things that are:

That no flesh should glory in his presence.“

(1 Corinthians 1:18-29)
Learn to write.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
You think Jesus Christ was an angel. I demonstrated to you how that belief is Scriptually false.

Because you had no retort, you ignored what I wrote and continued on with your disproven mantras.

You think following Jesus’ commandments and good works are required for salvation. I demonstrated to you how that belief is Scriptually false.

Because you had no retort, you i ...[text shortened]... ’s where I got the idea that you think a human being must be able to fully grasp and comprehend God.
Well we will just have to agree to disagree... Also if I didn't answer a specific question or two it's because I either missed it or it's a question I had already addressed in another thread. It was not to ignore you or the question.
So take it or leave it.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
So the actions of the youths are irrelevant to you?
Are the actions of God irrelevant to you?

That is the real question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Are the actions of God irrelevant to you?

That is the real question.
Not at all.

Given what we know of that passage - and what we don’t know - I’m comfortable with what He did.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Not at all.

Given what we know of that passage - and what we don’t know - I’m comfortable with what He did.
A perfect example of how religion has a human suspend their morality and be 'comfortable' with something abhorrent.

Ask you a general question about if it is ok to send bears to kill youths and you'd say 'of course not.' Bring God into the equation and it gets a big thumbs up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A perfect example of how religion has a human suspend their morality and be 'comfortable' with something abhorrent.

Ask you a general question about if it is ok to send bears to kill youths and you'd say 'of course not.' Bring God into the equation and it gets a big thumbs up.
We went over this already. Mauling is not the same as killing. And the “youths” constituted a mob by any reasonable definition, both in number and in behavior.

You don’t know that the bears were sent to kill the youths and not simply to break up what had become a dangerous situation.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
28 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
We went over this already. Mauling is not the same as killing. And the “youths” constituted a mob by any reasonable definition, both in number and in behavior.

You don’t know that the bears were sent to kill the youths and not simply to break up what had become a dangerous situation.
😆

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
28 Dec 21

@pb1022 said

Would you advocate the use of packs of wild bears in potentially dangerous crowd control situations today? Do you think such a course would be considered acceptable to Christians around the world?

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said

Let's be clear on this. Greek myths are full of similar incidents with the gods enacting unnecessarily cruel retributions and punishments on mankind. (Invariably involving wild animals). Is your God not better than theirs? Is he cut from the same cloth?

Apparently so.