Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I thought you took a break after your weird posting spree in Debates. (A series of posts you have now removed).

Edit: Yes, I see everything.
You mean that weird posting spree when I was drunk as hell and pissed at suzianne for implying I was a liar and trashing something I accomplished - all because what I wrote contradicted her partisan political narrative?

I already apologized for that.

Which is more than I can say for her or for your repeated false assertions that I was a sock puppet account of Becker’s.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
I am fecking outraged if you're me Ghost. Why am the you-me so much better at chess than the me-me? What am I not telling me?
I think the plan is to condense all atheists into the same person and launch them into space.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You mean that weird posting spree when I was drunk as hell and pissed at suzianne for implying I was a liar and trashing something I accomplished - all because what I wrote contradicted her partisan political narrative?

I already apologized for that.

Which is more than I can say for her or for your repeated false assertions that I was a sock puppet account of Becker’s.
Wait, didn't you trash something I had accomplished under your previous account?

And what does the Bible say about drunkenness?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Wait, didn't you trash something I had accomplished under your previous account?

And what does the Bible say about drunkenness?
<<Wait, didn't you trash something I had accomplished under your previous account?>>

I did. In retaliation for your, FMF’s and dive’s months-long harassment of me with false accusations that I was Becker.

<<And what does the Bible say about drunkenness?>>

I’m not perfect.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
<<Wait, didn't you trash something I had accomplished under your previous account?>>

I did. In retaliation for your, FMF’s and dive’s months-long harassment of me with false accusations that I was Becker.

<<And what does the Bible say about drunkenness?>>

I’m not perfect.
No sir. I think the Bible has a great deal more to say about drunkenness. Would you like examples? Some are quite severe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No sir. I think the Bible has a great deal more to say about drunkenness. Would you like examples? Some are quite severe.
Sure. Lay them on me.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Sure. Lay them on me.
Here's the biggy:

'Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.'

1 Corinthians 9-10

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Here's the biggy:

'Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.'

1 Corinthians 9-10
Do you make a distinction between someone who is occasionally drunk and a drunkard?

According to an online dictionary, a drunkard is someone who is “habitually drunk.”

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Do you make a distinction between someone who is occasionally drunk and a drunkard?

According to an online dictionary, a drunkard is someone who is “habitually drunk.”
A drunkard is someone who drinks to excess. It is the liquid form of greedy that also makes the list. The Bible isn't ambiguous on this:

'And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit'
Ephesians 5:18

“You shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, “Drink, be drunk, vomit, fall and rise no more because of the sword which I will send among you.” Jeremiah 25:27

'Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.' 1 Peter 5:8

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I'll let you argue the point with God on judgment day. Make sure to bring your dictionary.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A drunkard is someone who drinks to excess. It is the liquid form of greedy that also makes the list. The Bible isn't ambiguous on this:

'And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit'
Ephesians 5:18

“You shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, “Drink, be drunk, vomit, fall and rise no more ...[text shortened]... Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.' 1 Peter 5:8
<<A drunkard is someone who drinks to excess. It is the liquid form of greedy that also makes the list. The Bible isn't ambiguous on this:

Ephesians 5:18>>

Good thing I don’t get drunk with wine. I get drunk with beer.

<<“You shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, “Drink, be drunk, vomit, fall and rise no more because of the sword which I will send among you.” Jeremiah 25:27>>

This doesn’t apply to me because I don’t vomit when I’m drunk.

<<'Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.' 1 Peter 5:8>>

When I get drunk, it’s always at night before I go to sleep so I can’t be watchful. I’m sober-minded when I’m expected to be watchful.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'll let you argue the point with God on judgment day. Make sure to bring your dictionary.
I’m sure God won’t be pleased at the number of times in my life I’ve been drunk. But it won’t jeopardize my salvation because Jesus Christ’s sacrifice covered my sins and I am righteous with God because of Him and Him alone.

You, on the other hand, have a much bigger problem.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said

Good thing I don’t get drunk with wine. I get drunk with beer.
You think you can hoodwink God on a technicality. Good luck with that.

Wine symbolizes alcohol.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m sure God won’t be pleased at the number of times in my life I’ve been drunk. But it won’t jeopardize my salvation because Jesus Christ’s sacrifice covered my sins and I am righteous with God because of Him and Him alone.

You, on the other hand, have a much bigger problem.
I remind you again of 1 Corinthians 9-10 that places drunkenness alongside the sexually immoral (and incidentally doesn't reference nonbelievers).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I remind you again of 1 Corinthians 9-10 that places drunkenness alongside the sexually immoral (and incidentally doesn't reference nonbelievers).

Yeah, and I already addressed that.

Q: Why are atheists and Christ deniers like rajk999 always trying to bring believers back to the Old Testament and law keeping?

A: So they’ll feel condemned, unworthy of God’s love and feel as though God is angry at them and therefore fall even deeper into the sin they’re committing out of despair and hopelessness.

I see right through you guys. This ain’t my first rodeo, cowboy.