Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You think you can hoodwink God on a technicality. Good luck with that.

Wine symbolizes alcohol.
I thought you don’t believe God exists. Now you’re praising his inability to be hoodwinked?

Sell your saddle soap somewhere else, cowboy. No one’s buying it here.

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Yeah, and I already addressed that.

Q: Why are atheists and Christ deniers like rajk999 always trying to bring believers back to the Old Testament and law keeping?

A: So they’ll feel condemned, unworthy of God’s love and feel as though God is angry at them and therefore fall even deeper into the sin they’re committing out of despair and hopelessness.

I see right through you guys. This ain’t my first rodeo, cowboy.
You shrug off your admitted drunkenness and forum outburst like it was nothing.

I think you should spend a little more time with 1 Corinthians, especially the bit that says drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God. What does the indwelling Holy Ghost do inside you exactly when you drink to excess? How has it transformed you when you remain so weak? As an unholy atheist, I haven't been drunk since I was a teenager.

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Yeah, and I already addressed that.

Q: Why are atheists and Christ deniers like rajk999 always trying to bring believers back to the Old Testament and law keeping?
Old Testament? Corinthians?!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
I am fecking outraged if you're me Ghost. Why am the you-me so much better at chess than the me-me? What am I not telling me?
Post-of-the-month.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Old Testament? Corinthians?!
How does one accomplish “law keeping” according to the author of 1 Corinthians and 2 Corinthians? How often does rajk999 and his fellow Christ deniers bring that up?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You shrug off your admitted drunkenness and forum outburst like it was nothing.

I think you should spend a little more time with 1 Corinthians, especially the bit that says drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God. What does the indwelling Holy Ghost do inside you exactly when you drink to excess? How has it transformed you when you remain so weak? As an unholy atheist, I haven't been drunk since I was a teenager.
You think drinking is the only sin? You don’t think you commit numerous other sins?

No Christian is perfect. I recognize that. But a sinner beating himself up about committing a sin isn’t the way to overcome the sin. It’s for the sinner to recognize his (or her) true identity in Jesus Christ and get back into The Word.

The Apostle Paul in Galatians wrote extensively about the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh and in Romans 7 wrote how even he doesn’t do what he should do (and does what he shouldn’t do.)

You can try to heap condemnation on me because I occasionally get drunk and react badly to falsely being called a liar and having legitimate accomplishments trashed by strangers who have no idea what they’re talking about.

But it happens rarely and you’ll understand if I say you, as an atheist, have a far bigger problem than me.

I think you oughta recognize that condemnation kills and the Spirit gives life.

Or do you and your fellow hypocritical condemners already know that?

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You think drinking is the only sin? You don’t think you commit numerous other sins?
Only you claim to have the indwelling Holy Spirit inside of you.

Just how watered down is that spirit?!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Only you claim to have the indwelling Holy Spirit inside of you.

Just how watered down is that spirit?!
Read the rest of the post you quoted that excerpt from, champ

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Read the rest of the post you quoted that excerpt from, champ
It's a serious question. If an individual genuinely is transformed by the indwelling Holy Spirit, why are they still unable to control their intake of alcohol? Is the Holy Spirit inactive on such matters?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's a serious question. If an individual genuinely is transformed by the indwelling Holy Spirit, why are they still unable to control their intake of alcohol? Is the Holy Spirit inactive on such matters?
The Holy Spirit’s influence in a believer’s life is dependent upon how much that believer is in The Word and prayer.

I believe that’s true from my own experience and also from the Holy Bible.

Galatians and Romans 7 are great parts of the Bible that address it but this verse is a great summary:

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

(Galatians 5:16)

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
The Holy Spirit’s influence in a believer’s life is dependent upon how much that believer is in The Word and prayer.

I believe that’s true from my own experience and also from the Holy Bible.

Galatians and Romans 7 are great parts of the Bible that address it but this verse is a great summary:

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

(Galatians 5:16)
So 'walking in the Sprit' is intermittent for you?

Galatians goes on to say, "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do."

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Perhaps you need to review 1 John 2:6:

'Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So 'walking in the Sprit' is intermittent for you?

Galatians goes on to say, "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do."
Not intermittent at all. I usually do.

But sometimes I get out of The Word and prayer. Like I said, no one’s perfect - least of all the ones who condemn others

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps you need to review 1 John 2:6:

'Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.'
Why review it? I agree with it

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Not intermittent at all. I usually do.

But sometimes I get out of The Word and prayer. Like I said, no one’s perfect - least of all the ones who condemn others
As you condemn atheists?