Thou Shalt Not Repeat Others ??

Thou Shalt Not Repeat Others ??

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Mar 19

Gosh.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19
2 edits

Revelation comes from the Triune God; it does not come from teachings, no matter how clearly they are explained, understood, or repeated. Revelation is not a matter of doctrinal knowledge but a matter of a divine unveiling, an inward realization of the reality of divine and spiritual things made possible through God's gracious shining of Himself as light into the hidden and inward parts of a redeemed and regenerated believer.

- John Pester , Affirmation and Critique, Vol. XXII, No. 1, Spring 2017, The Divine Trinity in Revelation I, pg. 22.

F

Moves
30 Mar 19
1 edit

@sonship said
Revelation comes from the Triune God; it does not come from teachings, no matter how clearly they are explained, understood, or repeated. Revelation is not a matter of doctrinal knowledge but a matter of a divine unveiling, an inward realization of the reality of divine and spiritual things made possible through God's gracious shining of Himself as light into the hidden and inward parts of a redeemed and regenerated believer.
You make it sound as if Christian ideologies are somehow not based on interpretation, that these interpretations don't vary and conflict with one another, and that these result in "doctrinal knowledge" which is a uniform ideological realm, when they clearly don't.

You make it sound like you want everyone here to believe that "God's gracious shining of Himself as light into the hidden and inward parts of a redeemed and regenerated believer" is what makes your personal opinion and interpretation correct, and, what's more, someone called John Pester agrees with you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19

"Gosh"

- FMF

F

Moves
30 Mar 19

@sonship said
"Gosh"

- FMF
Yes, sonship. I think you are making an absolute fool of yourself on this thread ~ and not just a silly oaf or a jerk ~ no, you are coming across as malignant and sanctimonious. Why do you start threads like this and then behave like this? Gosh is right.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19

It is so good in the pursuit of Spirituality to remain focused on the unveiling of Jesus Christ. It is good to be without distraction.

So often Satan seeks to distract even with accusations to lead to introspection rather than turning our eyes towards Christ., looking away to Jesus.

The revelation of Jesus Christ (v.1). This expression indicates that Christ Himself is the focal point of the revelation of the book. In reading Revelation our attention should not be directed at beasts, frogs, and locusts, and we should not be distracted from the wonderful person presented in this book.

Ron Kangus, The Divine Trinity in Revelation in Revelation 1, Affirmation & Critique, Vol. XXII, LSM, pg. 33

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19

Looking away to Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

In this is overcoming.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19
2 edits

Here is a great hymn on Looking Away to Jesus
Based on Hebrews 12:2.

There’s a race for us to run—Hallelujah,
And a way for us the race to win.
To all those who have begun—Hallelujah,
God has spoken, “Look away to Him!”

(Chorus)
Look away! O look away!
Look to Jesus now today!
Look away from everything unto Jesus,
Look away from everything to Him!

Look away from all around—Hallelujah,
Look away from all the strife and din;
Look away where peace is found—Hallelujah,
Look away from everything to Him.
Look away from fickle soul—Hallelujah,
Look away from failing self within;
Look away toward the goal—Hallelujah,
Look away from all the past—Hallelujah,
Look away from both the good and sin;
To the living One hold fast—Hallelujah,
Look away into His face—Hallelujah,
He who’ll finish what He did begin.
O what grace to run the race—Hallelujah—
We obtain by looking off to Him!

Copied from https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/1206

Where one can also get the melody.

Moves
30 Mar 19

@fmf said
Yes, sonship. I think you are making an absolute fool of yourself on this thread ~ and not just a silly oaf or a jerk ~ no, you are coming across as malignant and sanctimonious. Why do you start threads like this and then behave like this? Gosh is right.
As I mentioned to Galveston75 in the other thread, sonship is behaving more and more like a cultist as the years go by. This thread is an example whereby he sets himself up as a victim of sorts (typical JW posting tactic) and invites flagalation for his beliefs. It’s a sort of martyr complex I’m convinced of it. It’s very typical of the cultish mindset.

Moves
30 Mar 19

@sonship said
Here is a great hymn on Looking Away to Jesus
Based on Hebrews 12:2.

There’s a race for us to run—Hallelujah,
And a way for us the race to win.
To all those who have begun—Hallelujah,
God has spoken, “Look away to Him!”

(Chorus)
[b] Look away! O look away!
Look to Jesus now today!
Look away from everything unto Jesus,
Look away fro ...[text shortened]...

Copied from https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/1206

Where one can also get the melody.
Are you singing in the flames like the martyrs?

Moves
30 Mar 19

@sonship

As I said, when you have suffered a thrashing in a particular thread you invariably resort to one of two tactics:

1. Cherry pick a bible passage and abusively wrap it around your lost position like a comfort blanket.
2. Say something really unpleasant.

Moves
30 Mar 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No. You called him an idiot. Last time you challenged this I produced the thread concerned to evidence it. Are you going to request I do so again?

You then posted that you 'might' apologize, but instead came back with biblical quotes to justify calling him an idiot.

Yes, or show me the link where you read it.

And which do you t ...[text shortened]... haring the gospel of God to him is "worthless".

I think both are bad.
I know 2. is worse.
Your 'memory' (or honesty) is truly atrocious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19
3 edits

Moves
30 Mar 19

@sonship

Last time you requested I find the post where you called Rajk an idiot, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and accommodatingly tracked down the post concerned that clearly validated what I had said. Upon seeing this you said you 'might' apologize and then disappeared from the thread for a couple of days. Only when I reminded you that the apology was still pending did you return, 'not' with an apology but with a couple of biblical quotes that justified (in your eyes at least) calling Rajk an idiot.

I'm not going to track down that post a 2nd time or give you the benefit of the doubt again. What I have said here is not only factual but something I have previously clarified with you as factual. The onus therefore is on you to seek out the post if you want to challenge what I have posted and shown already to be true. Failing that, my claim that you repeatedly abuse scripture remains in place.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I just apologized to Rajk999 on thread You Are Invited.

But I still think I wrote that he either acted like or spoke like an idiot. But I could be mistaken.

Now you DON'T need to bring this up again?
Or you DO need to keep bringing this up again?

Is there some more you can squeeze out of this old incident ?