Thought it was Dive speaking.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 20:57
    @sonship said
    Mistake.

It was, I’m here, speaking. I am speaking.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 22:51
    @divegeester said
    It was, I’m here, speaking. I am speaking.
    And saying nothing of substance.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 07:171 edit
    @secondson said
    And saying nothing of substance.
    Oh you must have missed my post at the bottom of the previous page. I was replying to Sonship’s OP where he has reintroduced the topic of his plagiarism, note that HE reintroduced it.

@sonship said
    “In this thread all those who criticize the "regurgitating" of effective words that you heard from others, can explain why in principle, it should not be done.”

I replied:
    “You forgot to say “without citing the source” “crediting the author” or generally “ripping off someone else’s intellectual property and passing it of as my own”

The “substance” you say is lacking is that sonship has included a statement about using other people’s words but has craftily left off the important piece about honestly in terms of citations, references, acknowledgments. You know, displaying general every day intellectual honesty.

Perhaps you would like to comment on that “substance”?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 08:552 edits
    @divegeester

I replied:
    “You forgot to say “without citing the source” “crediting the author” or generally “ripping off someone else’s intellectual property and passing it of as my own”

The “substance” you say is lacking is that sonship has included a statement about using other people’s words but has craftily left off the important piece about honestly in terms of citations, references, acknowledgments. You know, displaying general every day intellectual honesty.

Perhaps you would like to comment on that “substance”?

Who owns the truth ?

Do you think EVERY SINGLE TIME I write something like this - "God's eternal purpose is to dispense Himself as divine life into His redeemed people" I am going to find that exact sentence or general concept and site it ?

You have a powerful search engine at www.ministrybooks.org. If you want to locate something you think (and I well MAY have) heard spoken from Watchman Nee or Witness Lee, use it.

The truth of this statement is not OWNED by Witness Lee or Watchman Nee. It is God's truth.

The ultimate sources:

In Him [Christ] was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:4)

That tells us that the divine life was in Jesus Christ. But where does it more specifically say God imparts or dispenses this divine life into His people? And WHO OWNS THAT TRUTH?

He dispenses that life into all those who receive Him.

Who owns this truth? God does and reveals it in the Gospel of John.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 08:581 edit
    He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to those who believe in His name;

Who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:11-13)

That's God's truth. Who else is the OWNER of that truth ?
    John wrote it. God owned it and gave it to John by revelation.

I think a lot of the pouting about siting intellectual ideas of others is just often so much red herring hand waving to neutralize the impact of the truth with side shows.

People who receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born of God the Father, regenerated, born anew, have God impart His life into them causing them to be His children - dispensing eternal life into them.

Need more reference for credit ? How about I find you a random reference with the Search Engine at www.ministrybooks.org?

CHAPTER FIVE
    GOD'S DISPENSING IN THE MINISTRY OF CHRIST
    (1)

Scripture reading: Scripture Reading: John 1:14; Matt. 1:23; John 1:17-18; 14:9b-11a; 1:29; 12:31; 16:11; 3:14; 12:24; Rom. 8:3; 2 Cor. 5:21
    In God's plan, or arrangement, or dispensation, God intends to dispense Himself into His people. So dispensing means to distribute and to give. God is giving Himself and imparting Himself into His people. He is distributing Himself into His people for His people's enjoyment. Most Christians today only consider that God redeems us, saves us, and gives us strength and power. Very few Christians have the thought that God is dispensing, distributing, and imparting Himself into His chosen people. Before 1950 even we ourselves did not talk about God dispensing Himself into us. It was only after 1950, within the last thirty years, that we began to see and to minister that God is dispensing Himself into our being. What we want to emphasize in these chapters is not the dispensation but the dispensing.

[ The Divine Dispensing of the Divine Trinity
    by Witness Lee, Living Stream Ministry,

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=23FFCDFC0A

Ask for another.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:051 edit
    The eternal purpose for which man was created was that God might impart His life into man for a mingling of God and man.

Who owns this truth anyway?

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

Give credit then - God owns the truth.
    Where can I find someone teaching something like this and give CREDIT ?

Let's see. Trying again the Search Engine at www.ministrybooks.org I might refer to this:

EXPERIENCING DEATH AND RESURRECTION
    TO LIVE A LIFE OF THE
    MINGLING
    OF GOD AND MAN

Strictly speaking, incarnation put God and man together but did not fully mingle God and man as one. What kind of procedure can accomplish this matter of mingling God together with man? Only resurrection can. Incarnation simply put God and man in one place but did not fully mingle God and man, man and God, together. It was after resurrection that man entered into God, and God fully mingled with man. God and man were then fully mingled as one. In other words, when we were saved, there was only incarnation in us. There was only Emmanuel—God with man. God and man, man and God, were not yet mingled as one. It was not until the day when man had the element of resurrection that man and God, God and man, were mingled as one. At that time God was not only with man, but God was mingled with man as one.

[ Spiritual Reality by Witness Lee, LSM publishing ]

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=23FDC5F705
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:051 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Who owns the truth ?
    Not you, that’s for absolute certainty.

It what you like to do is take other human beings writings, repackage their ideas and present them in here as begin your own.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:06
    @sonship said
    Mistake.

Did you perhaps chastise Suzianne for writing 'Because there is a difference between talking about a concept someone pioneered and actually quoting them' believing the post had been made by Dive? (And then quickly edited it).

Are you really that wimpy?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:141 edit
    @divegeester

No you, that’s for absolute certainty.

It what you like to do is take other human beings writings, repackage their ideas and present them in here as begin your own.

Why should they not be my own if I become one who has believed in Jesus Christ?

Didn't Paul say that Christ was both THEIRS and OURS ?

Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother,

To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, THEIRS AND OURS. (1 Cor. 1:1,2)

I am someplace.
    I call on the name of Jesus Christ.
    I own Jesus Christ as much as Paul and Sosthenes did and the church which was at Corinth did, the local church.

Why should not the truth be mine too ?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:22
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

No you, that’s for absolute certainty.

Why should they not be my own if I become one who has believed in Jesus Christ?

Didn't Paul say that Christ was both THEIRS and OURS ?

[quote] Paul, a called apos ...[text shortened]... and the church which was at Corinth did, the local church.

Why should not the truth be mine too ?
    Sure, but you can't claim ownership of someone else's words, whatever sanctimonious spin you try to put on it.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:233 edits
    Isn't the fellowship the apostle had with the Triune God also the fellowship I have with the Father and the Son Jesus Christ?
    That which we have seen and heard we report also to you, that you also may have fellowship with us,

and indeed the fellowship which is OURS is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

And these things we write that our joy may be made full. (1 John 1:3,4)

God's truth is mine too. And if you truly believe why should it not be your truth too and your fellowship with the Father and the Son also ?

False humility?

The truth is in Jesus and the believers learn the truth as it is in Jesus.
    " ... learn Christ, Since indeed you have heard Him and been taught in Him as the truth is in Jesus. " (Eph. 20b,21)

Why don't you trade in your Unitarian contempt for so much of the New Testament and learn to read and believe it and be taught in Christ? The truth is in Jesus.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:30
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sure, but you can't claim ownership of someone else's words, whatever sanctimonious spin you try to put on it.

Oh no! Who would ever dare to argue with someone who uses a phrase like "sanctimonious spin" ?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:34
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Oh no! Who would ever dare to argue with someone who uses a phrase like "sanctimonious spin" ?
    Probably best you stay away from sarcasm.

How about just doing what most people do and credit your source?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 09:351 edit
    To anyone who wants to be led into the spiritual darkness offered here by Ghost, heed the warning of the New Testament.

"Beware that no one carries you off as spoil through his philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. " (Col. 2:8,9)

Just step over. Let him lie there. Just step over and keep on pursuing Christ in faith. The truth is in Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree