The wrath of God being displayed

The wrath of God being displayed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
05 Nov 19

I actually haven't evaded anything, not that I would need to justify that to anyone who has eyes.

My position here was never confronted or refuted:

Without the given of God, and the notion that there is cosmic justice, it is hard to argue such a point about wrath / blessing of God because the context can be too different. For instance, the man who is a sinner who becomes wildly enriched would think it is a blessing, but if this is somethign that only feeds his greed and ego, it is by these riches that he will be dragged to hell.

Likewise, one could view the life of a monk or nun and see them as leading a life that is full of struggle and hardship. Many people would consider it the wrath of God if they were forced into such a circumstance. But this can be a source of great joy, and the means of deliverance for a Christian.

So, because of the fundamental differences between how we perceive things, we cannot really present wrath or blessing in a context that it will be agreed upon.

The response to posts like these are just repeated questions. I don't really get it and don't feel a need to repeat myself endlessly in some silly interrogation.

I doubt that anything more will need to be said.

+++

@Suzianne Yes you are also Christians. However, if you deny significant aspects of the Bible, you are not a Christian.

F

Moves
05 Nov 19

@philokalia said
I actually haven't evaded anything, not that I would need to justify that to anyone who has eyes.

My position here was never confronted or refuted:

[quote]Without the given of God, and the notion that there is cosmic justice, it is hard to argue such a point about wrath / blessing of God because the context can be too different. For instance, the man who is a sinner ...[text shortened]... t myself endlessly in some silly interrogation.

I doubt that anything more will need to be said.
You said that examples of "the wrath of God" are "obvious" and "on constant display" and "not difficult" to mention... and yet you haven't offered any.

F

Moves
05 Nov 19

@philokalia said
The response to posts like these are just repeated questions. I don't really get it and don't feel a need to repeat myself endlessly in some silly interrogation.
Just give some "obvious" examples of stuff that are "on constant display".

F

Moves
05 Nov 19

Are examples of "the wrath of God" secret?

S. Korea

Moves
05 Nov 19

So, because of the fundamental differences between how we perceive things, we cannot really present wrath or blessing in a context that it will be agreed upon.

F

Moves
05 Nov 19

@philokalia said
Just give some examples of what you think is "the wrath of God" that is "obvious" to you, "not difficult" for you to say, and, according to you "on constant display".

No need to worry about whether what you "present" will be "agreed upon" or not.

What are some examples that make you believe "the wrath of God" is obvious, real and credible?

F

Moves
05 Nov 19

Philokalia's belief about "the wrath of God being displayed" seems to be that he cannot say what he believes are examples of "the wrath of God" to anyone who does not already believe the same things about "the wrath of God" as he does. Is this an example of a supposedly divinely inspired stance?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Nov 19
1 edit

@philokalia said

@Suzianne Yes you are also Christians. However, if you deny significant aspects of the Bible, you are not a Christian.
By "the Bible", of course what you mean is "your" Bible or "your" translation.

Edit: By this, what I mean is that every denomination interprets the Bible differently, and many supposed Christians love to claim that if one does not interpret the Bible exactly as they do, then they claim that person is not Christian. No, I'm just not that judgemental, is all.

Moves
05 Nov 19

@fmf said
Philokalia's belief about "the wrath of God being displayed" seems to be that he cannot say what he believes are examples of "the wrath of God" to anyone who does not already believe the same things about "the wrath of God" as he does. Is this an example of a supposedly divinely inspired stance?
Maybe it is Alternative Wrath™ to be executed with sonship’s Alternative Flames™

Moves
05 Nov 19

S. Korea

Moves
05 Nov 19

@suzianne said
By "the Bible", of course what you mean is "your" Bible or "your" translation.

Edit: By this, what I mean is that every denomination interprets the Bible differently, and many supposed Christians love to claim that if one does not interpret the Bible exactly as they do, then they claim that person is not Christian. No, I'm just not that judgemental, is all.
Well, there's plenty of room for disagreement on a variety of things because there are ways to interpret the Bible...

But someone who affirms a homosexual lifestyle is actively countering both the old and new testament. It is a sin.

Likewise, if someone denies the Trinity, they have also fallen into heresy.

Moves
05 Nov 19

@philokalia said

Likewise, if someone denies the Trinity, they have also fallen into heresy.
Where did you get this idea from?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
3 edits

@FMF

Why isn't this supposed wrath of God "displayed" to non-believers while they are still alive in order that they might avoid "suffering throughout eternity" and, instead, obey Jesus' commandments as believers during their lives?

You have the Bible. You have the stories of Noah, Sodom and Gamorrah. You have God's discipline of His own people, Israel. You have the account of the two sons fo Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, whom God consumed with fire for defiling the priesthood. They should have known better. They witnessed the miracles of the Exodus. You have the punishment of Korah and the 200 people joining in his rebellion. They went down into Sheol alive when the earth opened up.

You have the Jericho, including the salvation in of the harlot Rahab with her whole household. You have to account of Ai. You have the account of the Amalekites.

You have the Canaanites who were punished for their child sacrifices. You have the story of city of Ninevah who repented and was saved.

You have the Babylonian captivity as punishment to God's own people, Israel.
You have the clear warnings of Christ.
You have the teachings in the epistles.
You have the prophecy of the book of Revelation .
You have the Gospel. You have the way to accept Christ's death on your behalf that God would PASSOVER you in judgment.

You may run to excuses that others did not know. Their situation is not the situation of FMF. You knew. You just refused to listen.

You cannot steal other's situation to excuse your stubbornness to not take heed.

F

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Why isn't this supposed wrath of God "displayed" to non-believers while they are still alive in order that they might avoid "suffering throughout eternity" and, instead, obey Jesus' commandments as believers during their lives?

You have the Bible. You have the stories of Noah, Sodom and Gamorrah. You have God's discipline of His own people, Israel ...[text shortened]... .

You cannot steal other's situation to excuse your stubbornness to not take heed.
Do you have any examples of "the wrath of God on display" from the real world around us?

F

Moves
08 Nov 19
1 edit

Or, if you don't have any examples, just come out and say so.