1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:493 edits
    @FMF

Do you have any examples of "the wrath of God on display" from the real world around us?

I would take what you are told in the Bible. The reason for this is that God is exceedingly wise. He can on one hand unleash punishment but on the other hand use the situation for a positive result to others whose hearts are influenced to repentance.

For this reason I am reluctant to point to some specific modern day calamity and give you the impression you seek - Nothing is going on there except divine punishment.

You see, even in some calamity of God, some are blessed because their hearts are turned to Him.

So, take the clear examples that the Bible has taught you. And do not hunt for excuses why these are inadequate for your benefit.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:521 edit
    FMF,

Have things ever happened to you which you did not like, and after some consideration you realized that actually, previously YOU did the same thing to others?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:52
    @sonship said
    For this reason I am reluctant to point to some specific calamity and give you the impression you seek - Nothing is going on there except divine punishment.

You see, even in some calamity of God, some are blessed because their hearts are turned to Him.

So, take the clear examples that the Bible has taught you. And do not hunt for excuses why these are inadequate.
    I am not interested in stories from 2,000-4,000 year old religious tracts. Do you have any current examples of "the wrath of God on display" from the real world around us? If you cannot provide any, just be open and honest about it. Referring to "the Bible" does not answer my question. Referring to "the Bible" is dodging the specific thing I am asking you,
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:051 edit
    @FMF
    I am not interested in stories from 2,000-4,000 year old religious tracts.

You are not interested in truth tested by time. You want what is fadish and contemporary, untested by the ages?

Do you have any current examples of "the wrath of God on display" from the real world around us?

I will not give you my opinion about such things.
    This is moving the goal post and hunting for rationales to ignore His severity and kindness.

If you cannot provide any, just be open and honest about it. Referring to "the Bible" does not answer my question. Referring to "the Bible" is dodging the specific thing I am asking you,

Okay. So I am dodging.

Regurgitating and dodging are sometimes appropriate.
    Sometimes Christ Himself did not directly answer a questions just as it was put to Him. The people still got something important though.

Besides the whole matter of us growing old and dying Psalm 90 says shows the power of God's anger over the sinful mankind.

You return man to dust and say, Return, you sons of men. For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it passes by and like a watch in the night.

You sweep them away as with a rain flood; they are as in a sleep.

For we have been consumed by Your anger. And your wrath we have been troubled ...

For all out days have passed away in Your overflowing wrath; We bring out years to an end like a sigh. "

God terminating human life in old age, decrepitude is evidence of divine anger. And in it He also works His salvation.

Now, a question for you. Are you so intelligent that you could never be deceived by a more intelligent mind then yours ?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:07
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    I am not interested in stories from 2,000-4,000 year old religious tracts.

You are not interested in truth tested by time. You want what is fadish and contemporary, untested by the ages?

Do you have any current examples of "the wrath of God on display" from the real world around us?

I will not give you my opinion about such t ...[text shortened]... man life in old age, decrepitude is evidence of divine anger. And in it He also works His salvation.
    No examples then? You don't have any?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:08
    @sonship said
    Now, a question for you. Are you so intelligent that you could never be deceived by a more intelligent mind then yours ?
    As I said, I don't subscribe to your religious beliefs, if that is what you are getting at. Talking about my "intelligence" is not going to make any difference.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:11
    @sonship said
    God terminating human life in old age, decrepitude is evidence of divine anger.
    Growing old is "the wrath of God being displayed"? Really? Why do believers in Jesus - who believe in "salvation" through faith, and who obey Jesus' commandments - why do they grow old then? Why the "wrath"?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:12
    @FMF

You got no modern examples, did you ? If I have any, I have my reasons for not giving you them. Moving the goalpost from His word I don't intend to entertain.

Just the advent of you growing old and dying in evidence enough God's displeasure limits our wickedness.

Now I repeat.

Are you so intelligent that it is impossible that you could never, ever be deceived by a more intelligent mind then yours ?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:14
    @sonship said
    You got no modern examples, did you ? If I have any, I have my reasons for not giving you them. Moving the goalpost from His word I don't intend to entertain.
    I have not moved the goalposts. So, you are unable to provide examples. OK.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:17
    @sonship said
    Are you so intelligent that it is impossible that you could never, ever be deceived by a more intelligent mind then yours ?
    The difference between your religious beliefs and my non-religious beliefs is not going to be explained by my "intelligence" relative to yours or relative to anyone else's. I don't attribute your religious beliefs to your "intelligence" nor to you being "deceived". I don't think my beliefs have anything to do with me being "deceived", not now, nor back when I was a Christian. You are brandishing the wrong rhetorical gimmick here, sonship.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:17
    Suppose I say "FMF, global climate change is evidence of God turning up the awareness of His anger."

You might scoff at this. But in turning up slowly the indication of His wrath against mankind, He simultaneously sends message of mercy to those who consider and lean towards belief and repentance to God.

So anything I might point to as possible indication of God's anger doesn't mean that in it He could not also be being patient, and warning, and merciful to the right kind of hearts.

Are you anxious to have a more definite indication of divine judgment ?

Would you like me to bring up your name in a prayer meeting for God to expedite your death so that you may see first hand if there is divine judgment in wrath ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:191 edit
    @FMF

Was that a yes or a no ?

Yes, you COULD conceivably be deceived?

No, it is impossible that you could EVER be deceived ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:20
    @sonship said
    Just the advent of you growing old and dying in evidence enough God's displeasure limits our wickedness.
    So, your God figure's wrath and displeasure with his followers is displayed more and more as they get older ~ despite their faith?

Is a Christian who is especially decrepit as he or she ages guilty of more wickedness than a Christian who remains sprightly in old age?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:23
    @sonship said
    Was that a yes or a no ?
    I think my answer is very clear and well explained. I think your question about my "intelligence" and about the role of "deception" is a red herring and a rhetorical gimmick. It's not the way I tackle your beliefs, and there's a reason for that. Read my answer again.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:24
    @sonship said
    Would you like me to bring up your name in a prayer meeting for God to expedite your death so that you may see first hand if there is divine judgment in wrath ?
    Expedite my death?

What are you on about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree