1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:25
    @sonship said
    Suppose I say "FMF, global climate change is evidence of God turning up the awareness of His anger."
    So, climate change is one example?

People getting old and climate change.

You're doing better than Philokalia.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:27
    @FMF

It will be evident to most on earth during the great tribulation that God's wrath is being displayed.

Are you anxious to know. Should we petition God that He speed up things for you personally ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:303 edits

Removed by poster

4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:30
    @sonship said
    It will be evident to most on earth during the great tribulation that God's wrath is being displayed.
    This answer brings us back nicely to the OP question.

Why isn't this supposed wrath of God "displayed" to non-believers while they are still alive in order that they might avoid "suffering throughout eternity" and, instead, obey Jesus' commandments as believers during their lives?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:31
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    Speed up my death?

What on earth is this new riff, sonship?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:34
    @FMF

Nevermind FMF.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:36
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Nevermind FMF.
    Removing posts after they have been replied to is bad form, sonship.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:38
    @sonship said
    Would you like me to bring up your name in a prayer meeting for God to expedite your death so that you may see first hand if there is divine judgment in wrath ?
    You are talking here about you praying to expedite my death? In order to what...? Provide evidence that your torturer god ideology is correct?

You had a chance to discuss "Fear of Death" with me here Thread 179090.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:38
    @FMF

I don't want to "nicely" or otherwise fuel your prejudice that only God's wrath is the contents of His heart.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:40
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I don't want to "nicely" or otherwise fuel your prejudice that only God's wrath is the contents of His heart.
    Asking me if I want you to pray for me to die quickly is more about the wrath in your heart, I think, and not about any wrath there may be in the "heart" of a supernatural being that you just so happen to believe exists.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:41
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I have a feeling that you have blundered your way into this discussion without actually having read or understood the meaning of the OP question.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:43
    @sonship said
    It will be evident to most on earth during the great tribulation that God's wrath is being displayed. Are you anxious to know. Should we petition God that He speed up things for you personally ?
    If you want to start a thread on the fear of death that humans feel and their various ways of dealing with it, whether that be through religion or through non-religious means, then I'd be happy to contribute.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 06:42
    @philokalia said
    Well, there's plenty of room for disagreement on a variety of things because there are ways to interpret the Bible...

But someone who affirms a homosexual lifestyle is actively countering both the old and new testament. It is a sin.

Likewise, if someone denies the Trinity, they have also fallen into heresy.
    My posts about homosexuality here have been mainly about the benefits of treating them as human beings, instead of how most Christians like to treat them. Jesus himself went among the 'sinners' not to berate them, but to get them to reject their sins. Getting people to hate you is not the way to get them to follow your religion.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 08:35
    @suzianne said
    My posts about homosexuality here have been mainly about the benefits of treating them as human beings, instead of how most Christians like to treat them. Jesus himself went among the 'sinners' not to berate them, but to get them to reject their sins. Getting people to hate you is not the way to get them to follow your religion.
    How do you go about getting your homosexual friends to "reject their sins", or, specifically, in their case, to stop engaging in homosexual sex?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 11:03
    @sonship.

Praying to speed up the death people. Is that what you were asking about ?

What’s the matter with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree