1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 03:25
    I believe regret will be paramount for those that find themselves suffering throughout eternity, that isn’t going to change their fate. Hell is not a place for teaching us to be better it is one for the wrath of God to be displayed. ~ KellyJay

Why isn't this supposed wrath of God "displayed" to non-believers while they are still alive in order that they might avoid "suffering throughout eternity" and, instead, obey Jesus' commandments as believers during their lives?
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 03:341 edit
    @fmf said
    I believe regret will be paramount for those that find themselves suffering throughout eternity, that isn’t going to change their fate. Hell is not a place for teaching us to be better it is one for the wrath of God to be displayed. ~ KellyJay

Why isn't this supposed wrath of God "displayed" to non-believers while they are still alive in order that they might avoid "suffering throughout eternity" and, instead, obey Jesus' commandments as believers during their lives?
    Frankly it sounds like living for all eternity in "heaven" with such a wrathful bastard would be hell in itself.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 08:561 edit
    @fmf said

Because then Christians like sonship wouldn’t be able to get a boost to forgive those who mistreat him when he thinks about them being in hell and being burned by these alternative flames which presumably are not like real flames, which melt human flesh, but more like some kind of Thought-Flames™ which still fulfil his and KellyJay’s version of Revelation but somehow also alleviate the need for moral scrutiny.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 08:591 edit
    @soothfast said
    Frankly it sounds like living for all eternity in "heaven" with such a wrathful bastard would be hell in itself.
    One has to remember that in this hellish version of Christianity, the “Christians” will be in heaven with the loving version of Jesus, while the “non-Christians” will simultaneously be in hell with the wrathful version of Jesus.

Sonship seems to be in denial of this Messianic juxtaposition so presumably the hell-Jesus will be a bot of some kind.

Wrath-bot.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 09:50
    @fmf said

I would say that the wrath of God and the blessings of God are more or less on display constantly if you care to look for it at all.

All are called, but many people are just choosing to not see, to not follow, to not hear.

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

(Matthew 13)

I do not think that anyone can look at history or at the world seriously and not see that the narrow path has the most benefits, and the path of decadence is routinely punished. It is especially more obvious in an age when we can study.

However, we choose to suppress knowledge.

Here is a very important passage from Romans 1 which affirms what I have stated:

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 11:40
    @philokalia said
    I would say that the wrath of God and the blessings of God are more or less on display constantly if you care to look for it at all.

All are called, but many people are just choosing to not see, to not follow, to not hear.

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will ...[text shortened]... n clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
    What about these pastors and priests who sexually abuse the innocent children. I understand that they will be rewarded with eternal life, while the children who do not profess faith in Christ and therefore unbelievers will be tormented for eternity while the very same pastors take a ringside seat and watch. Would you say your God is just?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 11:49
    @rajk999 said
    What about these pastors and priests who sexually abuse the innocent children. I understand that they will be rewarded with eternal life, while the children who do not profess faith in Christ and therefore unbelievers will be tormented for eternity while the very same pastors take a ringside seat and watch. Would you say your God is just?
    No, they like you think they are safe from the wrath to come and can live without the Lord and serve their sins outside of Christ's forgiveness. They are living life storing up for themselves something that is going to cause them to suffer in hell as they should for those crimes.

John 3:36
    Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 2:5
    But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

None of this has to happen as God has sent Jesus to us that we might be redeemed and saved from the wrath to come, but as it stands for all of those outside of Christ the wrath of God is on them already for the evil and wickedness they are doing. There will be no escape, save one and that is Jesus Christ, the only way to God we can still in this life turn to God through Jesus Christ, but only through grace, by faith, and this a gift of God.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 12:16
    @philokalia said
    In the real world? In the lives that we have experienced and the things we have witnessed? Where?

Citing your religion's folklore/mythology is no more than a weak "the wrath of God has been displayed because ancient books say the wrath of God has been displayed" type argument.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 12:17
    @philokalia said
    I am not "suppressing" any "knowledge".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 12:20
    @philokalia said
    I do not think that anyone can look at history or at the world seriously and not see that the narrow path has the most benefits, and the path of decadence is routinely punished. It is especially more obvious in an age when we can study.

Here is a very important passage from Romans 1 which affirms what I have stated:

[qu ...[text shortened]... n clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.[/quote]
    "Punished"?

By...? Your God figure?

Any examples?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 12:22
    @philokalia said
    "Constantly"?

Please give some examples of where your God figure is "constantly" displaying its "wrath",
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 15:21
    @kellyjay said
    No, they like you think they are safe from the wrath to come and can live without the Lord and serve their sins outside of Christ's forgiveness. They are living life storing up for themselves something that is going to cause them to suffer in hell as they should for those crimes.
    I can sense the glee in you as you write you post.
  13. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 19:12
    heavenly father deals in justice, not wrath.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 02:24
    @rajk999 said
    I think you understand this wrongly.

In order to receive forgiveness, one must be repentant with full contrition, and one must confess their sins to be absolved.

It seems highly unlikely that these Priests were confessing these sins to Bishops in all of these cases, and no action was being taken to separate them from children. Of course, such could have been happened, but that seems more far fetched than Priests abusing children and never confessing to never be caught.

I would also imagine that many of these Priests may have been liberal, reformer, homosexualist type Priests that support the sexuality of clergy. How else could one truly live in such an unrepentant fashion and be a serial violator.

But a lot of this is speculation at this point -- you speculating, to your own convenience, that they are absolved so easily and with barely a second thought, and now I am speculating about things that experts do not even know.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '19 03:171 edit
    Everyone is an expert to the limitations of their own experience as well as in their own minds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree