The True

The True "Critical Race"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

@sonship said

What else could this signify but God and the Lamb the Son of God are the dwelling place of the saved for eternity. The Triune God Himself is the tabernacle for man to worship God and the temple within which the Triune God lives.
Okay sonship, focus here. The lack of an explicit temple was simply intended to reinforce the new covenant promised by God (Jeremiah 31:31–34) that there would be a direct relationship between man and God. It wasn't indicating that man would join God in the Godhead and be deified.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Focus.
It has been told to you many time that there is no joining of the Godhead.
Don't waste your breath claiming that that has not been told you and quoted to you right out of books from www.ministrybooks.org.

Nothing can be done with a will that is intent on dishonesty.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Focus.
Don't waste your breath claiming that that has not been told you and quoted to you right out of books from www.ministrybooks.org.

Nothing can be done with a will that is intent on dishonesty.
Dishonesty is pretending the 4 fold God you subscribe to doesn't result in your personal deification.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Focus.
You seem unaware of Witness Lee saying "God’s move in man is to deify man."

Is this the case?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21
2 edits

Where are the saints of God headed?
We are saved to ultimately be a collective entity which is to marry Christ - Hi eternal plan is to prepare a bride to the incarnated, resurrected, glorified God-man.

A bride to match Christ. Yet she does not share Christ's Godhead.

"And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a BRIDE adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2)

Christ is God and man mingled. God is preparing a BRIDE to match Christ
the God-man.

This Bride to match the God-man Christ is of the communicable attributes of God wrought into man. The NOCOMMUNICABLE aspects of God remain solely His - the Triune God's forever.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21
1 edit

But the COMMUNICABLE attributes of God God dispenses into His people.
For example, the believers as constituents of the holy city are also made holy.
They are "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Pet. 1:4)

Did you know God ALONE is holy"?

"Who will not fear and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy . . ." (Rev. 15:4)

Wait a minute! But didn't we read about the "holy angels" ?
Didn't we read about the marriage bed of the believers is holy?

Yes. God alone is the source of this holiness. Yet also some things set aside and dedicated to God in both the Old Testament and the New Testament are said to be holy.

But the New Jerusalem is not merely set aside, dedicated and consecrated to God.
The New Jerusalem as the enlarged church is inwrought with the holy God Himself by being partakers of the divine nature. The Triune God has become the life of the redeemed.

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4)

"I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

Christ is the living way to the living place of the Father.
No man comes to the Father except through Christ the life, the reality / truth, the
way.

Paul, a pioneer into this union with Christ said for him to live was Christ.
"For to me to live is Christ . . ." (Phil. 1:21a)
"I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal, 2:20)

Paul, a pioneer into receiving the dispensing of Christ into him exhorts all his fellow believers to lay hold of the life which is life indeed - Jesus Christ.

"Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of eternal life, to which you were called . . . " (1 Tim. 6:12a)

" . . . that they may lay hold on that which is really life." (v.19b)

Christ, he says is the believers' life and will appear to glorify them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21

"For you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ our life is manifested, then you also will be manifested with Him in glory." (Col. 3:4)

Christ died and rose in order to redeem the forgiven and impart Himself INTO them as the divine "life giving Spirit" - "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Since Christ is imparted into man to be the One living in man and through man to eventually glorify man swallowing up man up in His life, it is not wonder we are called into His own glory.

" . . He called you through our gospel unto the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Thess. 2:14b)

" . . . that you might walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into His own kingdom and glory." ( 1 Thess. 2:12)

This glory is growing within the saved and cannot fail to finally burst out to be the glory in the church forever!

"And to know the knowledge surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. But to Him who is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power which operates in us,

To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations forever and ever. Amen." (Eph. 3:19-21)

So New Jerusalem will be the enlarged church to MATCH Christ being His BRIDE and also being the tabernacle of God within which God lives.

" . . . they are before the throne of God and serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits upon the throne will tabernacle over them . . . the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and guide them to springs of waters of life; and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:15,17)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more.

And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice out of the throne, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, . . . " (Rev. 21:1,2-3a)

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

See here how Witness Lee separates himself from Christianity (after having condemned Christians to Satan).

“The traditional explanation of the Trinity is grossly inadequate and borders on tritheism. When the Spirit of God is joined with us, God is not left behind, nor does Christ remain on the throne. This is the impression Christianity gives. They think of the Father as one Person, sending the Son, another Person, to accomplish redemption, after which the Son sends the Spirit, yet another Person. The Spirit, in traditional thinking, comes into the believers, while the Father and Son are left on the throne. When believers pray, they are taught to bow before the Father and pray in the name of the Son. To split the Godhead into these separate Persons is not the revelation of the Bible, but the doctrine of the Nicene Creed”

Witness Lee, Life Messages
(Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1979), p. 164

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
31 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The trinity is clearly a later invention retrospectively squeezed into scripture. it fails to work on many levels and is simply an example of over-intellectualized twaddle.
It was actually an earlier invention, but other than that I think that you have encapsulated the man thought brilliantly.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

@medullah said
It was actually an earlier invention, but other than that I think that you have encapsulated the man thought brilliantly.
I meant more that the writers of the Bible themselves (and the first believers) were unaware of the concept of the Trinity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21
1 edit

So New Jerusalem is the destiny of all the redeemed human beings of God throughout all human history.

Christ the overcoming life in the believers will constitute the overcoming Christians to be living pillars in this living temple of God. This is profound. The Bible cannot mean people become physical pillars in a physical temple. So the symbolism means they are transformed human beings to be pillars in God's living temple New Jerusalem.

"He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, . . ."

The Christian will go out no more but be solidly BUILT into the living habitation of God - a supporting pillar. What a salvation. Are you still only thinking of "going to heaven"?

We the saved are going into a living Person expressed in a city - "New Jerusalem" to be pillars in that entity, a union of God's life with His saved people.

" . . . I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name." (See Rev. 3:12)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21
2 edits

@medullah

Are you also going to flatter him that he is brilliant to proclaim that God was invented by people?

When Paul speaks of the experience of the believers in a kind of "shop talk" he proves that the Three of the Trinity indwells the saved with interchangeable titles.
For the Spirit of God to dwell in them is for Christ Himself to indwell them.

And for Christ to indwell them is for the Spirit of Christ to indwell them.
And for the Christ to indwell them is for the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead to indwell them.

Seamlessly, the apostle interchanges these titles as he writes not of their experience of God.

"But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you." (Romans 8:9-11)

We can see distinction. But because the titles are used interchangeably we cannot see separation of the Three from each other.

"The Spirit of God" = "the Spirit of Christ" = "Christ" = "the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead" = "His Spirit"

All are spoken of the one who dwells in the believers.
"His Spirit who indwells you"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 21

@medullah

When the New Testament says "the Lord is the Spirit" in 2 Cor. 3:17 is that the Lord Jesus Christ?

When the New Testament says "the Lord is the Spirit" there is that Spirit the Holy Spirit?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Aug 21

@sonship said
So New Jerusalem is the destiny of all the redeemed human beings of God throughout all human history.

Christ the overcoming life in the believers will constitute the overcoming Christians to be living pillars in this living temple of God. This is profound. The Bible cannot mean people become physical pillars in a physical temple. So the symbolism means they are tran ...[text shortened]... the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name." (See Rev. 3:12) [/b]
Why do you flood a thread with unsourced cut and pastes when out argued?

(Above you posted 3 extensive posts in just one minute).