1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 16:412 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why do you flood a thread with unsourced cut and pastes when out argued?

(Above you posted 3 extensive posts in just one minute).
    1.) I don't consider I was "out-argued".

2.) More to the point, I copied by hand from the Scriptures quotations from the Bible. I'd prefer to enjoy them as I write them out. No cut and paste was needed.

3.) If the vocabulary bothers you that you think I need to specifically site a page of writing, that is unreasonable. Being influenced by teaching is not automatically plagiarizing.

I may just be showing that I have absorbed good teaching.

4.) When quoting specifically some publication, the link provided informs readers of where they can read more. In fact they are welcomed to do so.

5.) How much time it took to write three posts above is irrelevant.

(Above you posted 3 extensive posts in just one minute).

So what?
    The New Testament exhorts us to let the word of Christ dwell in us richly.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another . . . " (See Col. 3:17) The New Testament dwells in me richly.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 16:45
    @sonship said
    1.) I don't consider I was "out-argued".

2.) More to the point, I copied by hand from the Scriptures quotations from the Bible. I'd prefer to enjoy them as I write them out. No cut and paste was needed.

3.) If the vocabulary bothers you that you think I need to specifically site a page of writing, that is unreasonable. Being influenced by tea ...[text shortened]... ing and admonishing one another . . . " (See Col. 3:17) [/b] The New Testament dwells in me richly.
    It is physically impossible to have written those 3 extensive posts in one minute. Why lie about that?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 16:553 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You seem unaware of Witness Lee saying "God’s move in man is to deify man."

Is this the case?
    Can you prove that to deify man meant for man to become the eternal Deity as in become the Godhead?

In fact "theosis" has been an integral part of Greek Orthodoxy for a long time.
    In Greek orthodoxy "theosis" is equivalent to "deification".

Athanasius the so called "the father of orthodoxy" said God became man so that man might become God. [He did not mean we become the Godhead]. He did mean salvation includes deification.

Before Athanasius said that the Apostle John said we the believers shall be "like Him" as children of God. He did not mean we will wear sandals "like Him".

"Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and we are. Because of this the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not been manifested what we will be, We know that if He is manifested, WE WILL BE LIKE HIM because we will see Him even as He is."
    (1 John 3:1-3, RcV, my capitals).
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 16:591 edit
    @sonship said
    Can you prove that to deify man meant for man to become the eternal Deity as in become the Godhead?

In fact "theosis" has been an integral part of Greek Orthodoxy for a long time.
    In Greek orthodoxy "theosis" is equivalent to "deification".

Athanasius the so called "the father of orthodoxy" said God became man so that man might become God. [He did not me ...[text shortened]... ested, WE WILL BE LIKE HIM because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:1-3, RcV, my capitals).
    Why dance around this?

Is this the case? Are you anticipating becoming a God?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 17:021 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I did not time myself.
    If YOU timed me somehow, I am just referring to how long you said it took.

I care not how many minutes it took me to write three posts.
    You're scrapping the bottom of the barrel for whining.

Please paste some more quotations from Brother Lee.
    You're a good boy to give some samples from Lee's messages.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 17:082 edits
    How do they put this? Bumping?

Bump for medullah -
    @medullah

When the New Testament says "the Lord is the Spirit" in 2 Cor. 3:17 is that the Lord Jesus Christ?

When the New Testament says "the Lord is the Spirit" there is that Spirit the Holy Spirit?

Here's your chance to show me where I am teaching falsely.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 17:26
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Like I didn't know the term deification was ever used by Lee?
    That's you wishful thinking that you surprised me.

I have learned not to trust you though.

Is this the case? Are you anticipating becoming a God?

No, to the first question.

To the second question "not in the Godhead" has been written on this Forum, if ONCE ever probably thirty to fifty times in the last say twelve years.

How often do I need to have the SAME argument with the SAME person?

Written by one of the co-workers of Brother Lee.

In contrast, consider Brother Lee's clear word in the Life-study of 1 and 2 Samuel (p. 182): “God's intention from eternity to eternity is to make Himself us, that we might become Him in life, in nature, and in constitution (but not in the Godhead).” Further clarification is provided in the Life-study of Job (p. 157): “Seeing God equals gaining God (Matt. 5:8). To gain God is to receive God in His element, in His life, and in His nature. Eventually, this not only makes us one with God—it even makes us a part of God....To be made a part of God, to be constituted with God in His life and nature, is more than being one with God. We see God that we may be constituted with God, yet we do not have any share in the Godhead.” Having God's life and nature but not having any share in the Godhead, we surely are not “holy Gods” participating in the Godhead to receive the worship of God's creatures. As quoted earlier, Brother Lee has taken the lead to declare that “it is a great heresy to say that we are made like God in His Godhead.” As he emphatically explains, “None of us are or can be God in His Godhead as an object of worship.”

From The Truth Concerning the Ultimate Goal of God's Economy, Chapter 1, Section 4)

For more reading - https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=14F9C2EA86
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 18:41
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I did not time myself.
    If YOU timed me somehow, I am just referring to how long you said it took.

I care not how many minutes it took me to write three posts.
    You're scrapping the bottom of the barrel for whining.
    Over 3 consecutive posts, posted in a single minute, you posted 55 lines of text. (Each post is time-stamped at the top).

I put it to you that it is humanly impossible to write 55 lines of original text in one minute. To claim otherwise is a blatant lie and leads one to wonder what else you are lying about.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 18:44
    @sonship said

Are you anticipating becoming a God?

To the second question "not in the Godhead"
    So you will become a God outside of the Godhead in your own right?

Speak plainly.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 07:531 edit
    " A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." -Chinese proverb

Life-study of 1 and 2 Samuel by Witness Lee (p. 182):
    “God's intention from eternity to eternity is to make Himself us, that we might become Him in life, in nature, and in constitution (but not in the Godhead).”

Life-study of Job by Witness Lee (p. 157):
    “Seeing God equals gaining God (Matt. 5:8). To gain God is to receive God in His element, in His life, and in His nature. Eventually, this not only makes us one with God—it even makes us a part of God....To be made a part of God, to be constituted with God in His life and nature, is more than being one with God. We see God that we may be constituted with God, yet we do not have any share in the Godhead.”

“it is a great heresy to say that we are made like God in His Godhead.”

“None of us are or can be God in His Godhead as an object of worship.”
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 13:211 edit
    Will become the saved become a God outside of the Godhead in their own right?

The right is bestowed upon the saved from God giving them the authority to be children of God via their new BIRTH, their being BEGOTTEN of the divine Father.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority . . . to become children of God, to those who believe into His name,

Who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 13:22
    God dispenses out from Him, His life into man. This gives man the authority to be His children inheriting His life and nature.

This new birth is not passed on by the blood of anyone's physical parents. - "not of blood."
    This new birth is not of the will of the flesh - the fallen man. "nor of the will of the flesh".
    Neither is it of the will even of the unfallen man. "nor of the will of man".

This dispensing of God's life into man is seen in Genesis 2 in the tree of life.

God created man and placed Adam and his wife in Eden's garden. In the midst of it was "the tree of life". In light of the entire Bible it can be ascertained that this "tree of life" stood for God imparting into man His life and nature.

The OTHER tree, the forbidden one "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" joined man to God's enemy Satan.

The point is that not my "our own right" can we be divinized or deified. It is through the dispensing of God into man His life.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 13:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Over 3 consecutive posts, posted in a single minute, you posted 55 lines of text. (Each post is time-stamped at the top).

I put it to you that it is humanly impossible to write 55 lines of original text in one minute. To claim otherwise is a blatant lie and leads one to wonder what else you are lying about.
    Caught in a lie, hey sonship?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 13:37
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Caught in wishful thinking eh?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 13:59
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Caught in wishful thinking eh?
    Not at all. To post 3 long consecutive posts in 1 minute (and none of it be a copy and paste) would require you to have already been deified and possessing supernatural powers of speed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree