The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Is there an integrity molecule or an integrity atom that makes us up?
No, I don't think so. Who has told you they think that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

No, I don't think so. Who has told you they think that?

Just wait for his answer by and by folks.
We don't have to get it from him like pulling teeth.

From what source was human dignity bestowed upon human beings ?
The Atheist's answer is brought to you by FMF ....

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
While FMF figures out how he can derive the source of human dignity without stealing from a Christian worldview that we are made in the image of God
I have always, always contended that capacities and attributes like integrity and morality draw ["stealing"?? What's the matter with you?] from religious traditions. What I lack belief in is the idea that the effect of our religious traditions on our diverse cultures and on us as diverse individuals is evidence of a supernatural being behind our capacities and attributes as humans.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
From what source was human dignity bestowed upon human beings ?
The Atheist's answer is brought to you by FMF ....
What's wrong with the answer at the bottom of the previous page?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

I have always, always contended that capacities and attributes like integrity and morality draw ["stealing"?? What's the matter with you?] from religious traditions. What I lack belief in is the idea that the effect of our religious traditions on our diverse cultures and on us as diverse individuals is evidence of a supernatural being behind our capacities and attributes as humans.

That assumes that God is only a "religious tradition" But that assumption is what you are trying to set out to prove.
I know you can assume it.

Is the law of gravity no more than a scientific tradition ?

What I lack belief in is the idea that the effect of our religious traditions

Again, you assume God is only a "religious tradition". I know you assume it. That is what you are setting out to prove not assume.

on our diverse cultures and on us as diverse individuals is evidence of a supernatural being behind our capacities and attributes as humans.

So then WHERE is the source from which human dignity is derived and assigned to human beings?
If insulting names rob you of that dignity, as you imply. And I agree.

While I am at it - Have you ever said anything to anyone on this Forum which could be considered insulting to them?
Are is it only YOU who is on the offended side ?

Then POSITIVELY tell me what you don't LACK - and explanation for the source of human dignity.
We've heard all about what you lack belief in.
Your positive answer for the source of your human dignity is ________________ ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19

FMF,

Have you ever written anything that might conceivably be found insulting to me?

Yes or "Not a remote chance"?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

[quote] I have always, always contended that capacities and attributes like integrity and morality draw ["stealing"?? What's the matter with you?] from religious traditions. What I lack belief in is the idea that the effect of our religious traditions on our diverse cultures and on us as diverse individuals is evidence of a supernatural being behind our capacities and ...[text shortened]... a "religious tradition". I know you assume it. That is what you are setting out to prove not assume.
Yes, I believe that beliefs around the world that assert that God [or Gods] has/have revealed himself - his nature, his instructions, his promises etc. - to humans are only "religious traditions" and that those traditions are evidence of psychological and anthropological phenomena and not supernatural phenomena.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
FMF,

Have you ever written anything that might conceivably be found insulting to me?

Yes or "Not a remote chance"?
What does "toilet heart" mean?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Then POSITIVELY tell me what you don't LACK - and explanation for the source of human dignity.
We've heard all about what you lack belief in.
Your positive answer for the source of your human dignity is ________________ ?
I answered this twice on the previous page [page 8] and reminded you already once on this page.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
So then WHERE is the source from which human dignity is derived and assigned to human beings? If insulting names rob you of that dignity, as you imply. And I agree.
It isn't "assigned". I've already said where I think it is derived from. It's on the previous page.

I think your stuff about me being a "toilet heart" relates to your dignity and has no effect on mine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

You disagree at the suggestion of an "integrity" atom.
If there are no supernatural causes then aside from material causes what other kinds of causes are there?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19

@FMF

Yes, I believe that beliefs around the world that assert that God [or Gods] has/have revealed himself - his nature, his instructions, his promises etc. - to humans are only "religious traditions"

1.) No exceptions ?

2.) Being religious traditions has to mean they are not true ?

3.) Is the discovery of an exquisitely finely calibrated universe for life to exist a " religious tradition " or a scientific disclosure ?

4.) If you have no future but to die and rot, of what real issue is your supposed "dignity" ? In the end it is completely gone with you in your atheistic belief.

5.) If I OUGHT not call you an insulting name, By what standard outside of each of us and above us is this OUGHT a part of ?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF
If there are no supernatural causes then aside from material causes what other kinds of causes are there?
The "causes" of integrity and morality? They are psychological. As I said at the bottom of page 8 things like morality - and its subset integrity - get handed down to us and develop because its observed, it's imitated, it's taught and learned, it's internalized, it's tested, it's modified, it's applied. It's a product of a unique-to-each-person permutation synthesis of "nature" [our hard-wiring] and "nurture" [our experience in our human environments].

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Being religious traditions has to mean they are not true ?
I don't subscribe to any of them because I don't find any of the ones I have encountered to be "true".

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Is the discovery of an exquisitely finely calibrated universe for life to exist a " religious tradition " or a scientific disclosure ?
While it makes for the best evidence that creator-worship religions have got, and not only yours, the complexity of the universe is "a scientific disclosure" ~ one that continues to expand and deepen ~ that religious traditions extrapolate unprovable mythologies from.