The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19

@FMF

I have spoken in detail countless times about my optimism about the human condition and the state of the world. I have started numerous threads on it. It also comes up frequently when certain Christians bemoan the state of the world and talk about the signs of the imminent end tines are all around us. You've never shown any interest.

I repeat.
Why can't you repeat?

Besides, are you just writing for my reading ?
I'm showing some interest in your alternative to the city of water (so to speak).

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
Are you telling us that you have no other expectation then to die and rot into the dust along with everyone else?
We all die. It's true.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
I'm showing some interest in your alternative to the city of water (so to speak).
What "City of Water"? You want an 'alternative metaphor'?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 19

Sonship are you being dishonest when you claim that you do not know where you got the “city of water” message from?

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
Are you telling us that you have no other expectation then to die and rot into the dust along with everyone else?
I think you may have brought us to the ground zero of your psychological need for religion with these words.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19
2 edits

@FMF

We all die. It's true.

Thankyou. Pace yourself. Not too much profundity so fast in one post.

You can go back to your rocking chair and hunt for more things to sneer at in this fantastic book the Bible.
I guess we've got your better belief.

You believe apparently nothing, have apparently nothing to positive to contribute.
Or maybe you're waiting for some special fanfare to precede you.

But you can sit there the grand empty cynic and make a big deal out of me using a phrase that someone else used.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19
1 edit

@sonship said
You believe apparently nothing, have apparently nothing to positive to contribute.
I think a recognition of the fact that we all die ~ and then, in light of that, looking at the opportunity that a finite life presents and embracing it with passion and wonder ~ is more "positive" than "expectations" and aspirations for immortality, especially if you cannot show how those "expectations" actually enhance one's embrace of life - while you are still alive - which of course you never talk about, because walk-the-walk is anathema to you - and because all you have is ideology ideology ideology ideology and an arid lack of joie de vivre.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
But you can sit there the grand empty cynic and make a big deal out of me using a phrase that someone else used.
The interesting thing is the way you lied about not knowing whose words they are.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19
2 edits

A throne of God with a stream of fire proceeding out to sweep all things against God away to judgment.

I watched until thrones were set, Until the Ancient of Days sat down.
His clothing was like white snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool;

His throne was flames of fire.
Its wheels, burning fire.

A stream of fire issued forth and came from before HIm.
Thousands of thousands ministered to Him,

And ten thousands of ten thousands stood before HIm.
The court of judgement sat.
And the books were opened. (Daniel 7:9,10)

This is the stream of fiery judgment issuing forth from the throne of God against His adversaries.
I don't want to be one of them.

Then we see the throne of God and the Lamb pouring forth the water of life unto the saved.
And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street.

And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life, prodicint twelve fruits, yielding its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1,2)

In the beginning of human history man forfeited his right to "the tree of life" that is the very life of God.
Now in the city of the living God people through Christ's redemption have right restored to eat of the tree of life.
This means men may pass the barrier of God's holiness, God's glory, and God's righteousness to partake of oneness with the Eternal Divine Person of God.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life, and enter by the gates into the city. " (Rev. 22:14)

The tree of life speaks of God Himself as the believers food to take God in as "food" to live by Him.
And the water of life is closely related to the same thing - God reaching us with His Spirit as eternal life.

"And the Spirit and the bride say Come!
And let him who hears say, Come!
And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely. (22:17) "

The New Jerusalem is a city where God and man are one. The "City of water" is a corporate entity where Christ is enlarged and duplicated to be a kingdom, a city, a Wife to the Son of God and a Bride, a counterpart to match Jesus.

But He alone is the Lamb - the Redeemer.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
@FMF

We all die. It's true.

Thankyou. Pace yourself. Not too much profundity so fast in one post.
Do you think the stuff you propagate exhibits "profundity"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19

@FMF

Do you think you ask good questions?
Why do we die ?

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
Do you think you ask good questions?
You yourself have acknowledged it on many occasions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19
2 edits

@FMF

The interesting thing is the way you lied about not knowing whose words they are.

I don't know who first coined the phrase " City of water". And you're a liar to say I lied about anything.

YOU ASSUME that if someone like Witness Lee used "City of water" before me then he must have been the first to do so.
I don't know that.
And I do not LIE to say that I don't know that.

More importantly it doesn't matter.

Now if your depressed because you cannot get your narcissistic supply in this thread, there is no need for you to thrash around wildly for false accusations against me.

I know Lee used "city of water".
I don't know if he was the first to do so.
And it matters a huge deal to YOU.
It matters not to me.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
Why do we die ?
Accidents. Diseases. Organ failures.

About 100,000,000,000 humans, they say, have lived and died. When they died, they were gone. You say they are ALL still 'alive' in some kind of afterlife - some "alongside" a supernatural creator being and the rest being subjected to inexplicably demented violence. Do you have any evidence for me for all this?

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
I know Lee used "city of water".
You didn't get it from him?