The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19

@FMF

Walk the walk is a common everyday turn of phrase.

Genius, you're saying "That is just a cultural expression which is common."

Well genius we Christians have a culture too - living in the Holy Spirit.
So you can use "walk the walk" according to your culture without giving specific citation.
And we can use "city of water" according to our Holy Spirit culture without meeting your demand for citation.

I am not using my side of my conversations here to regurgitate content from a particular man's books and, on the back of that, trying to cast myself as a preacher.

Well genius, you regurgitate "walk the walk" like "everybody uses that common phrase".
And I can regurgitate "city of water" according to my Spirit of Christ culture in the church life.

And cut with "Thou Shalt Be Original" as the 11th commandment.

If someone puts something well then I may use it.

Moves
30 Apr 19

Witness Lee is all over the internet in pages talking about “the city of water”.

Sonship is blatantly lying.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Walk the walk is a common everyday turn of phrase.

Genius, you're saying "That is just a cultural expression which is common."

Well genius we Christians have a culture too - living in the Holy Spirit.
So you can use "walk the walk" according to your culture without giving specific citation.
And we can use "city of water" according to our Holy ...[text shortened]... hou Shalt Be Original" as the 11th commandment.

If someone puts something well then I may use it.
Why does your vanity compel you to wrap yourself in someone else's ideas week in week out, day after day, to a prolific degree - when they are freely available elsewhere and presented much better than you are capable of - and then so often [although not always] seek to pass it all off as your own?

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship

If I was to create a thread called 'Religion is the opium of the people" I would dutifully tip the hat to Karl Marx. Why wouldn't you do the same to Lee's 'City of Water?'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19
5 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Everybody here pretty much knows that I regurgitate lots of things I heard from Witness Lee and Watchman Nee.
Some of you MAKE SURE that that fact is published.
Exactly WHY they do so, I am not so sure.
I can still defend with my own arguments things of which they have convinced me.

You've seen me do it.

I think some of you all underestimate the degree to which I COMPARED these things to the final authority of the Word of God to see if they were so or not, and how biblical. Some of you assume we have not done such CHECKING with the Bible things we were taught.

That's what is important. Do I just repeat by rote or is my thinking able to make such arguments without glancing back and forth at some book.

What real need is there for me to redundantly say so in every post - "This concept can be found in this message."

Check it with the Bible man!

What WOULD Be interesting to me is some of you pinpointing when I wrote something a little DIFFERENT from Lee or Nee.

"Hey, sonship! That's not what your mentors said!"

That would be an interesting change of pace.

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
What WOULD Be interesting to me is some of you pinpointing when I wrote something a little DIFFERENT from Lee or Nee.

You wrote previously that man should not bring his emotion to scripture. This is something at odds with the writing of Watchman Nee.

So, hey sonship! That's not what your mentors said!

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Everybody here pretty much knows that I regurgitate lots of things I heard from Witness Lee and Watchman Nee.
So why did you deny knowing where it came from?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 19
5 edits

@divegeester

So why did you deny knowing where it came from?

Your question is nonsensical.

I hinted that Witness Lee used it before me. So what ?
I said it was not my invention.

FMF:
If "The City of Water" is not in the Bible then it's extra-Biblical. Is it a Witness Lee thing?

Copy cat Divegeester closely follows FMF's lead
Tell me, from where did you get this concept of a “city of water”?

Me to FMF
And if it is a Witness Lee thing, what does that mean? No one else ever said it? It has to be wrong?

Who's "thing" is a torturer god of billions with flesh burning being kept alive?

Where's the denial ?

FMF having little else to contribute sticks to his line of questioning
Is "The City of Water" a Witness Lee thing?

Well? Is it a Witness Lee thing?

More wasted time and I wrote plainly
Sonship didn't invent the phrase "City of water."

No denial. Point out a denial.

FMF still has nothing much to contribute but to question me further.
Who did?

I reply and try to get him to talk about something substantial.
I don't know.

What is your expectation of the end of the ages as a climax to human life and existence ?
What is your expected grand finale of the world history ?

No denial of anything.

Then getting tired of it being an issue I THEN went to the search engine at MinistryBooks.Org to get you some examples of where Witness Lee used the phrase.

I still don't know if he invented the phrase.
I invited the posters to go and see if they could find out.

Did you do that ?

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said

What an odd and impotent kind of narcissism.

F

Moves
30 Apr 19

@sonship said
Then getting tired of it being an issue I THEN went to the search engine at MinistryBooks.Org to get you some examples of where Witness Lee used the phrase.
Lo and behold... you had got the expression from Witness Lee after all and had simply feigned not being able to remember.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
4 edits

@FMF

Lo and behold... you had got the expression from Witness Lee after all and had simply feigned not being able to remember.

You suspect mischief or dishonesty ?

Lo and behold, so you are so sure there is mischief and dishonesty somewhere in this thread.
Uncover the conspiracy.

I wrote to the thread that in about 40 years I surely recall Witness Lee using the phrase ( and I knew it involves New Jerusalem. ) But in which message I don't recall.

You harped and harped and harped and are STILL harping on it, SO I went to find you some examples, just for fun really.
YOU wanted to make it a major issue.

Now you think you're SO SMART that some kind of dishonest conspiracy of misrepresentation is taking place.
Got to be !

Now let me give you SOMETHING substantial to complain about instead of this flimsy conspiracy theory.
You sound like an idiot.

Now file that away for future reference and proof that the Spirit is not flowing out of my innermost being.
You, Yes YOU ... sound like an idiot.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
You suspect mischief or dishonesty ?
I diagnose vanity in harness with a lack of character ~ which is intriguing because you have claimed for years that you are "becoming like Jesus" and that "Jesus is flowing" through you.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Now let me give you SOMETHING substantial to complain about instead of this flimsy conspiracy theory. You sound like an idiot.
I don't think I do "sound like an idiot".

I haven't put forward any "conspiracy theory".

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Now you think you're SO SMART that some kind of dishonest conspiracy of misrepresentation is taking place.
A "conspiracy" with whom? I haven't mentioned any "conspiracy". I have made comments about your integrity and character, but I haven't suggested that you are in a "conspiracy" with anyone.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
3 edits

@FMF

I don't think I do "sound like an idiot".

Obviosly. But I DO think you're continued attempt to score some dubious point on the source of "City of water" makes you sound like an idiot. I do think so.

I haven't put forward any "conspiracy theory".

THEN DROP IT already.

I use phrases that other people have used WITHOUT KNOWING WHERE I FIRST HEARD THEM.

And I have tried to hide or conceal in this thread NOTHING .