The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
Obviosly. But I DO think you're continued attempt to score some dubious point on the source of "City of water" makes you sound like an idiot. I do think so.
You've already repeatedly likened my ideas to animal excrement and the spreading of germs, so being called names like "idiot" is neither here nor there. The reality, though, is that my ideas are not like germs, they are not the same as animal excrement [I simply lack the beliefs that you hold, that's all] and I am not an idiot either. My "dubious point", as you well know, was not so much about the source of the expression "City of water", my point has been about your character and the toll your pride and vanity take upon it, despite your claims to be "like" Jesus to some degree.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

I diagnose vanity in harness with a lack of character ~ which is intriguing because you have claimed for years that you are "becoming like Jesus" and that "Jesus is flowing" through you.

I know. But listen toilet heart - you just don't have ANY higher moral ground.

You THINK always that you have some higher moral ground then myself - and you sound like an idiot to continue to imagine that you do.

If you were so insightful then you would ask God to have mercy on you a sinner.
That would be the most penetrating wisdom I could possibly see from you.
That would be integrity enough to shut my mouth for a good long time about you.

Do it privately. Its between you and God.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
But listen toilet heart - you just don't have ANY higher moral ground.
Does the label "toilet heart" place me on 'lower moral ground' than you ~ in your view?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
If you were so insightful then you would ask God to have mercy on you a sinner.
That would be the most penetrating wisdom I could possibly see from you.
That would be integrity enough to shut my mouth for a good long time about you.

Do it privately. Its between you and God.
So the core of your issue with me is that I don't believe in your God figure?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19

Moving on.

Who wants to hear some more about the New Jerusalem as it is hinted at in Genesis - revisited throughout the Bible -and at last fully revealed in the last two chapters of Revelation ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
2 edits

@FMF

So the core of your issue with me is that I don't believe in your God figure?

Your "core issue" is that your inquisitive innocent suspicious figure is rotten to the core.
Christians are people who by God's light have seen it about themselves and come to the Great Physician for healing.
You don't think you're in need.
Moving on.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Christians are people who by God's light have seen it about themselves and come to the Great Physician for healing.
You also claim that you - as a Christian - have been "becoming more like Jesus" and that "Jesus is flowing through" you. What evidence of it is there in your behaviour and demeanour here?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
I know. But listen toilet heart - you just don't have ANY higher moral ground.

You THINK always that you have some higher moral ground then myself - and you sound like an idiot to continue to imagine that you do.
What is a "toilet heart"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
3 edits

@FMF

An insulting name I use for you.

What difference to you in your philosophy? - We die. We all will just die. So. On your way yet get called a name.

We all die. Right? Get use to it.
You get called an ugly name. Right? What harm can it do you (in your philosophy). We all just ... die and rot.

In your Atheism from what or from where do we inherit dignity ?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

An insulting name I use for you.
What does the 'insulting name' "toilet heart" mean?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
You get called an ugly name. Right? What harm can it do you (in your philosophy). We all just ... die and rot.
I haven't claimed that the insult does any "harm". And I don't see what the term "toilet heart" has to do with the fact that we all die. Care to explain?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
In your Atheism from what or from where do we inherit dignity ?
I suppose it's a product of a unique-to-each-person permutation of "nature" and "nurture", in a similar way to morality. Are you demonstrating "dignity" on this thread?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

I suppose it's a product of a unique-to-each-person permutation of "nature" and "nurture", in a similar way to morality.

From where is integrity bestowed upon people ?
Did you pick it out of the air?

Is there an integrity molecule or an integrity atom that makes us up?

You want to know something about the heart of fallen men?
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is incurable; Who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:10)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
2 edits

While FMF figures out how he can derive the source of human dignity without stealing from a Christian worldview that we are made in the image of God (Gen. 1:26,27), there is much more about the "City of water".

Interesting that civilizations incamp around that precious substance water.
This is just a kind of shadow or allegory in the universe of a deeper reality.
Man must congregate around the Source of life - the Uncreated Person of God.

Not only must he incamp around God like a city around a source of water.
Even more so he is destined to a "city" which is completely filled with God.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
From where is integrity bestowed upon people ?
It isn't "bestowed". It's served, it's imitated, it's taught and learned, it's internalized, it's tested, it's modified, it's used etc.