1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:00
    @sonship said
    So, "The City of Water" is a bit of extra-Biblical stuff that someone sonship likes came up with, right?

But there is no similar concern for "extra-Biblical" when you go on about torturer god of billions.
    That phrase is neither in the Bible.

So "extra - Biblical" is okay for you to paint your pictures.
    But it is to be flagged as sloppy when I do it ?
    But FMF is not a self-proclaimed “teacher” sonship.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:012 edits
    @FMF

If "The City of Water" is not in the Bible then it's extra-Biblical. Is it a Witness Lee thing?

And if it is a Witness Lee thing, what does that mean? No one else ever said it? It has to be wrong?

Who's "thing" is a torturer god of billions with flesh burning being kept alive?

Where is your "Well that's kind of going far from the Bible" when you employ those kinds of word pictures?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:02
    @sonship said
    But there is no similar concern for "extra-Biblical" when you go on about torturer god of billions.
    That phrase is neither in the Bible.

So "extra - Biblical" is okay for you to paint your pictures.
    But it is to be flagged as sloppy when I do it ?
    Is "The City of Water" a Witness Lee thing?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:03
    @sonship said
    Whose thing is torturer god of billions with flesh burning being kept alive?
    You describe the torture in burning flames for eternity and extoll its moral perfection incessantly.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:05
    @sonship said
    Where is your "Well that's kind of going far from the Bible" when you employ those kinds of word pictures?
    I accept that you draw your torturer god ideology from the Bible. And so I confront you over your claim that it represents the "perfect morality".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:06
    @sonship said
    And if it is a Witness Lee thing, what does that mean? No one else ever said it? It has to be wrong?
    Well? Is it a Witness Lee thing?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:06
    @divegeester

But FMF is not a self-proclaimed “teacher” sonship.

I do some teaching. I never PROCLAIMED any particular position to do so in any official sense.

You're exaggerating.
    And you are drifting away from the subject matter into side issues.

Please QUOTE my announcement of self proclaimed official teacher here.

And if you have no quote then shut up about it and just take me as another poster.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:091 edit
    @FMF

Go find out for yourself. Use the search engine at www.ministrybooks.org and see if the hits on "city of water" gives you the answer you are inquisitive about.

Folks this thread is not the thread on "Thou Shalt Not Repeat Others ??"
    FMF may want to hijack it and morph it into a continuation of that thread.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:13
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Go find out for yourself. Use the search engine at www.ministrybooks.org and see if the hits on "city of water" gives you the answer you are inquisitive about.

With literature as rich as the Bible, why do you feel the need to make up your own metaphors? Is it an example of you "becoming like Jesus" like you claim you are?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:14
    It is so interesting to me. There are two picture in the Bible of something flowing out of God's throne.

In Daniel it is a stream of fire for judging (Dan. 7:9,10)
    And in Revelation 22:1 it is a river of water of life clear as crystal.

Where we are decides what flows to us from the throne of God.
    Redeemed - His eternal life.
    Unredeemed - His wrath of judgment.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:16
    @sonship said
    It is so interesting to me. There are two picture in the Bible of something flowing out of God's throne.

In Daniel it is a stream of fire for judging (Dan. 7:9,10)
    And in Revelation 22:1 it is a river of water of life clear as crystal.

Where we are decides what flows to us from the throne of God.
    Redeemed - His eternal life.
    Unredeemed - His wrath of judgment.
    Where does it say "The City of Water"?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:16
    @sonship said
    @FMF

As I suspected it another one of your “borrowed” ideas from someone else whom you have yet again failed to acknowledge.

You really are a piece of work sonship.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:18
    @FMF

With literature as rich as the Bible, why do you feel the need to make up your own metaphors? Is it an example of you "becoming like Jesus" like you claim you are?

Two questions quite unrelated.
    Which argument do you want to have with me?

On your first complaint because God is rich in experience, it is not surprising that over the years people come up with phrases not exactly found in Scripture which convey essentially the same.

As to your second whine added for special effects in case the first one is not enough - Sorry, I am in the process life long of being conformed to the image of Christ, like other believers.

If it doesn't come up to your standard, you can go to God and complain about it that I should be further along.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:33
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Two questions quite unrelated.
    Which argument do you want to have with me?

On your first complaint because God is rich in experience, it is not surprising that over the years people ...[text shortened]... 't come up to your standard, you can go to God and complain about it that I should be further along.
    To make up your own metaphors and seek to add them to or even augment literature like the Bible strikes me as profoundly narcissistic and pretentious.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 13:35
    @sonship said
    If it doesn't come up to your standard, you can go to God and complain about it that I should be further along.
    I "can go to God and complain about it"? But it's you who made up the metaphor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree