The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Does saying "God figure" assure that God is not real ?
It means that the billions of people on Earth have countless God figures. Your God figure is the one you worship. It is different from the God figures that Hindus worship, for example.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Is everything to which you may say there is a "figure" necessarily not real ?
Your God figure, the being or entity that you worship ~ the one with the nature and story that makes it different from other people's God figures ~ is not "real" to me.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
Now what is the differene between Mt. Everest and Mr. Everest figure ?
The attempted analogy between mountains and deities is yours, not mine. I don't think it works.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

We humans are social beings.

Does "we are social beings" necessarily mean that we are NOT also spiritual beings or beings with a spiritual component ?

Or is sociological = spiritual to you in every regard ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

The attempted analogy between mountains and deities is yours, not mine. I don't think it works.

How many other questions do you plan to dodge in this manner?

Does your pet expression "God figure" assure that there is no God ?

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

We humans are social beings.

Does "we are social beings" necessarily mean that we are NOT also spiritual beings or beings with a spiritual component ?

Or is sociological = spiritual to you in every regard ?
I have spoken umpteen times in great detail about how I believe humans are spiritual beings. I have started numerous threads about it.

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

How many other questions do you plan to dodge in this manner?

Does your pet expression "God figure" assure that there is no God ?
I haven't "dodged" your question about the term "God figure". I addressed it more than once. I just thought the part of your post about Mt. Everest was a dud.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 19
2 edits

@FMF

It means that the billions of people on Earth have countless God figures. Your God figure is the one you worship. It is different from the God figures that Hindus worship, for example.

Hinduism has some 330 million gods.

Thirty-three divinities are mentioned in other ancient texts, such as the Yajurveda,[114] however, there is no fixed "number of deities" in Hinduism any more than a standard representation of "deity".[115] There is, however, a popular perception stating that there are 330 million deities in Hinduism.[116] Most, by far, are goddesses, state Foulston and Abbott, suggesting "how important and popular goddesses are" in Hindu culture.[115] No one has a list of the 33 category goddesses and gods, but scholars state all deities are typically viewed in Hinduism as "emanations or manifestation of genderless principle called Brahman, representing the many facets of Ultimate Reality".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_deities

F

Moves
01 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Hinduism has some 330 million gods.

Thirty-three divinities are mentioned in other ancient texts, such as the Yajurveda,[114] however, there is no fixed "num ...[text shortened]... enting the many facets of Ultimate Reality".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_deities
They are examples of God figures.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19

@FMF

Actually many of them are probably demons mistaken for gods.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
2 edits

@FMF

I have spoken umpteen times in great detail about how I believe humans are spiritual beings. I have started numerous threads about it.

I write things umpteen times that go right over your dull head too. So taste some of your own medicine.

Isn't it fun for you to be reserved and just wait for people to draw out your supposed wisdom like pulling teeth ? It allows you to remain ever on the "no burden" end of discussion. So you let out your knowledge piecemeal by one crumb at a time.

No more questions for now. Your "Come and Get It" hesitation is tediously reluctant.

I'd rather speak with someone eager to talk about his beliefs, which obviously you are not.

F

Moves
02 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
Isn't it fun for you to be reserved and just wait for people to draw out your supposed wisdom like pulling teeth ? It allows you to remain ever on the "no burden" end of discussion. So you let out your knowledge piecemeal by one crumb at a time.
I answered each of your scattergun questions on this thread head on and promptly. And I have written at more length at other times about a wider range of ideas and questions than you restrict yourself to, although you almost always choose to avoid such topics. I don't think your "one crumb at a time" analogy works.

F

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Actually many of them are probably demons mistaken for gods.
They are people's God figures regardless of whether you believe in or approve of them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

They are people's God figures regardless of whether you believe in or approve of them.

There is God regardless of what you believe or think or approve of.

For a couple of millennia some people are more impressed with Jesus Christ then with you.

F

Moves
02 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
There is God regardless of what you believe or think or approve of.

For a couple of millennia some people are more impressed with Jesus Christ then with you.
These are very, very weak 'arguments'.