The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
6 edits

@FMF

These are very, very weak 'arguments'.

Yet the Christian gospel has stood the test of time for about two thousand years. So something has held people's assurance of conviction through thick and thin, from destructive powers without and within the church.

Now, I was asking YOU questions and your piece meal, reluctance to not show all your cards became a bore to me.

No more questions to you about your alternatives. You apparently like to hold your cards close to the vest - if you have some.

Or you like to see when everyone will suddenly realize your brilliance, I guess. It becomes like pulling teeth with your one liner minimalist replies.

Oh, then there also is - why, you're not here to convince others of your views.
I forgot that one.

F

Moves
02 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@FMF

These are very, very weak 'arguments'.

Yet the Christian gospel has stood the test of time for about two thousand years. So something has held people's assurance of conviction through thick and thin, from destructive powers without and within the church.
Yes, Christianity is a very successful religion, there's no doubt about it. But in a conversation with me or anyone on a message board like this, 'arguments' along the lines of [1] "There is God regardless of what you believe or think or approve of" and [2] "For a couple of millennia some people are more impressed with Jesus Christ then with you" are extremely weak in and of themselves.

Number [3] weak rhetoric could have been "2 billion plus Christians can't be wrong" and number [4] weak rhetoric could have been "If you're so much better than Jesus, why don't you do miracles like he definitely did."

F

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
Now, I was asking YOU questions and your piece meal, reluctance to not show all your cards became a bore to me.
I answered them all point blank and did so more or less as soon as I saw them.

F

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
Or you like to see when everyone will suddenly realize your brilliance, I guess.
Gosh. Do you wish more people would "realize" and talk about your "brilliance"? Is that's what's chafing at you?

Where do you get the ideas for these attempted jabs from?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19

@FMF

Gosh! is that suppose to be some kind of neat rebuttal ????

F

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Gosh! is that suppose to be some kind of neat rebuttal ????
You blurting out: "Or you like to see when everyone will suddenly realize your brilliance, I guess" seems very unguarded and very revealing about your motivation for taking umbrage at my dissenting voice. Not so much a 'rebuttal' as an observation.

F

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
You apparently like to hold your cards close to the vest - if you have some.
I talk about a wider range of subject matter than you and start threads on a wider range of topics than you and I talk very frankly and clearly about my beliefs and have been doing so for many years. Far be it from a case of "cards close to the vest", I think my posting record is one of openness and relish for ideas and dissenting views.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 May 19

Here is the original thinking from Witness Lee, which of course sonship was at one point in this thread denying he knew about.

https://www.ministrysamples.org/excerpts/THE-LAKE-OF-FIRE-AND-THE-CITY-OF-WATER.HTML

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 May 19

@divegeester

Here is the original thinking from Witness Lee, which of course sonship was at one point in this thread denying he knew about.

I asked you to quote me denying what you said I denied.
Why have you not done that yet?

I'll tell you why. It is because your accusation is a product of your imagination only.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 May 19
2 edits

@divegeester

https://www.ministrysamples.org/excerpts/THE-LAKE-OF-FIRE-AND-THE-CITY-OF-WATER.HTML

Its nice that you found this. I don't need read it. I already supplied some samples of the usage of Lee for "city of water".
It doesn't prove your imaginary accusation.

Folks read back through this thread post by post and see how Divegeester's eagerness to accuse has caused his imagination to run away with him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 May 19
3 edits

Deivegeester,

1.) Exactly WHERE in this message does it say Witness Lee was the first person to ever use the phrase "city of water" ?

2.) Since Lee is a Bible expounder among hundreds of Bible expounders down the centuries who have often used similar phrases, what makes you think I have to KNOW that NO ONE ELSE ever used the phrase "city of water" ?

3.) How is my saying that I don't know if anyone else used "city of water" before Witness Lee a dishonest denial of anything ?

I expect three definite answers and not "waffle," "hairdryer," or "mumbo jumbo".

Note: Terms used by Divegeester, I don't know if he was the first to use them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

I asked you to quote me denying what you said I denied.
Why have you not done that yet?
I have done it maybe three times already in this thread, as you well know.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 May 19

@sonship said
Deivegeester,

1.) Exactly WHERE in this message does it say Witness Lee was the first person to ever use the phrase "city of water" ?
He used it before you and you copied it, that is the point.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 May 19
4 edits

@divegeester

I expected three answers. You didn't do the job.

1.) SO WHAT that he used "city of water" before I did?

2.) Did I say that he did not use "city of water" before I did? No.

3.) Did I insist that Lee either invented or borrowed "city of water" ? I did neither. I was neutral to the ORIGIN of the phrase.

4.) The accusation that you are now trying to salvage is that you have a rule which you insist that I must follow - Any phrase, any expression, any combination of words, any concept, used previously by Witness Lee I am OBLIGATED to acknowledge his pre-use.

I am not subject to this kind of mandatory obligation you think to impose on me.

And neither do I intend to go to the opposite extreme of NEVER showing posters where else they could read something similar spoken BEFORE I spoke it.

Did you yet make your complaint to Living Stream Ministry about my alleged difference of opinion with their book "The Beliefs and Practices of the Local Churches" identifying yourself only by a PO Box number ?

Or was this just bluff and bluster ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

SO WHAT that he used "city of water" before I did?
You’re a plagiarist. You take other people’s ministry and present their ideas in this forum under the pretence that they are your own. It is very dishonest.

You also lied when FMF asked you if you knew where the phrase “city of water” came from. Lying is dishonest.