Spectators in Hell

Spectators in Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
14 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Have you ever considered Secular Humanism?

Comes with all the warm fuzziness of any good social support network.

Does good charitable things.

Has a sound basis for it's excellent moral foundation.

Has the bonus value of actually being true, and thus having no obvious nasty mistakes to throw out.

And if a mistake is found it can be f ...[text shortened]... hey do weddings, and funerals, and absolutely nobody goes to hell.

You should give it a look.
sounds nice, let's do events together.

i really like this jesus dude though, i am gonna keep him in my address book. he wasn't a stuck up snob like some portray him, he went to a jew wedding and gave them free drinks, how awesome is that.

it is sad he was in such a hurry to leave. he knew he had no time to list each and every damn thing to do and not to do, so he just left two instructions which is basically the same thing: "love to all". since then he hasn't kept in touch so i will join you to one of those Secular Humanism events. after we can all go meet some muslims, i am in the mood for shawarma

Z

Moves
14 May 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
[b]"Do you really think he was talking about atheists? Really?"
just an example. really. if one holds the bible as true, atheists are going to hell. muslims are going to hell. even certain flavors of christians are going to hell.

This is what the JWs call "leaning on your own understanding". Just like atheists, you've made up your mind about certa ...[text shortened]... uman concept of God comes from the Bible, which you, in your dim understanding, deem to be lies.[/b]
"God forbid you be wrong."
if i am wrong, and god is not love and is in fact an ashole, we are in deep crap anyway.

"Man's genocide is evil, yes. God's is not."
so does that mean you would kill a list of people if god commanded you to?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

Originally posted by vivify
So what separates you from Zahlanzi, since you attacked his stance on the bible? Aren't you also choosing "what makes you happy" like he is?
There are plenty of things in the Bible which of course do not make me happy. I accept them because the Bible is the Word of God. I am not God, and so I cannot see things as God sees them. John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." Yes, God loves us. As our human fathers love us, so does our spiritual father and creator. Who am I to look at one tiny, miniscule slice of what God has done and call it evil without knowing the full picture? He does not desire for any of us to go into perdition. He gave his Son for this purpose.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
if i am wrong, and god is not love and is in fact an ashole, we are in deep crap anyway.

This is your own understanding. Everything is black and white for you, isn't it? Either you are absolutely correct in everything you claim, or "God is an ashole". Nice. And arrogant. And stupid.

God would not command me to do such, and so this point is moot and self-serving.

Z

Moves
14 May 15

There are plenty of things in the Bible which of course do not make me happy. I accept them because the Bible is the Word of God. I am not God, and so I cannot see things as God sees them. John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." Yes, God loves us. As our human fathers love us, so does our spiritual father and creator. Who am I to look at ...[text shortened]... ture? He does not desire for any of us to go into perdition. He gave his Son for this purpose.
John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." that he destroyed it .

well, technically, that was a different world, right? that was the retarded first born world, who god literally drowned.

let me try again.
John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." , except for those canaanites. fuk those asholes.

"Who am I to look at one tiny, miniscule slice of what God has done and call it evil without knowing the full picture?"
yep, an entire people, massacred, including the children, minuscule slice. the full picture was that the israelites really, really needed that land. so fuk those canaanites asholes.

"He does not desire for any of us to go into perdition " except for the canaanites. because fuk those asholes.

rain

Moves
14 May 15
1 edit

There are plenty of things in the Bible which of course do not make me happy. I accept them because the Bible is the Word of God. I am not God, and so I cannot see things as God sees them. John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." Yes, God loves us. As our human fathers love us, so does our spiritual father and creator. Who am I to look at ...[text shortened]... ture? He does not desire for any of us to go into perdition. He gave his Son for this purpose.
So why do you choose to ignore the part about women being in "all subjection" to their husbands? How is that different from Zahlanzi choosing to ignore the parts he doesn't like?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Have you ever considered Secular Humanism?

Comes with all the warm fuzziness of any good social support network.

Does good charitable things.

Has a sound basis for it's excellent moral foundation.

Has the bonus value of actually being true, and thus having no obvious nasty mistakes to throw out.

And if a mistake is found it can be f ...[text shortened]... hey do weddings, and funerals, and absolutely nobody goes to hell.

You should give it a look.
Nobody goes to hell. No fear.

And nobody ever has to 'feel bad' that they might not measure up to what God wants his people to do.

No sin, no regrets.

That sounds fabulous. Until you die and the tab finally has to be paid.

Then you'll hit your forehead and say, "Wow, I coulda had a V-8!"

Z

Moves
14 May 15

Nobody goes to hell. No fear.

And nobody ever has to 'feel bad' that they might not measure up to what God wants his people to do.

No sin, no regrets.

That sounds fabulous. Until you die and the tab finally has to be paid.

Then you'll hit your forehead and say, "Wow, I coulda had a V-8!"
it is very christian of you to need to punish someone for all eternity. so back to the topic at hand, do you want to watch too?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

So why do you choose to ignore the part about women being in "all subjection" to their husbands? How is that different from Zahlanzi choosing to ignore the parts he doesn't like?
Did I write my answer to you in Sanskrit or something?

I answered your question. Although I don't even know why I should have, coming as it does from someone who doesn't believe in God, much less the Bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

it is very christian of you to need to punish someone for all eternity. so back to the topic at hand, do you want to watch too?
I don't "need" to, even God doesn't "need" to. And no I don't need to "watch".

You have a very sick notion of Christianity.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 15

I don't "need" to, even God doesn't "need" to. And no I don't need to "watch".

You have a very sick notion of Christianity.
So how do you account for the scripture I cited in the OP?

rain

Moves
14 May 15
1 edit

Did I write my answer to you in Sanskrit or something?

I answered your question. Although I don't even know why I should have, coming as it does from someone who doesn't believe in God, much less the Bible.
You didn't give an answer. You replied that some parts of the bible were written for "ancient man", and was "superseded" by Christ. Considering that it was Peter, a disciple of Jesus that wrote women are to be "in all subjection" to their husband, your 'answer' makes no sense.

Understand? Because of this, it seems you're picking and choosing what you'll believe, making it hypocritical to attack Zahlanzi for doing the same.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." that he destroyed it .

well, technically, that was a different world, right? that was the retarded first born world, who god literally drowned.

let me try again.
John 3:16 starts out: "For God so loved the world..." , except for those canaanites. fuk those asholes.

"Who am I to look at one ti ...[text shortened]... esire for any of us to go into perdition " except for the canaanites. because fuk those asholes.
So, because you do not have the wisdom of God, you call him an "ashole". (previous post)

Did you ever think to ASK God what's the deal with killing the Canaanites? Oh, wait, he's not likely to talk to any blasphemers, right. I'm so glad that YOU "get" the full picture, since not many Christians do, and some of them actually get pissed off about it, because they don't "get" it either.

What you miss is that a sizable portion of Canaanites were left alive and they intermarried with the Israelites and the corruption and falling away that resulted brought about the Babylonian exile nearly a thousand years later.

So why believe in a God at all? You blaspheme him day in and day out anyways, so why not just give him the middle finger and tell him to leave you alone? You're one of these who wants it both ways, right?

You're not God. None of us are. How can you dare to "call him out"? It's vanity. And yep, there's a sin for that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
So how do you account for the scripture I cited in the OP?
I thought I covered that. Your memory's not exactly what it used to be, eh? Here it is again:

Missing the point here just a little bit?

These are the only ones who will be tormented: Satan, his lieutenants (Edit: the Beast and the False Prophet), and anyone who worships the beast and/or takes his mark. The rest will die the second death of the inferno and be no more.

But rather than take this as a warning to not receive the mark, yea, even unto death, you choose to act all pissed off that anyone would even dare to suggest that this might happen to YOU. Get over yourself and heed the warning as it stands.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 May 15
1 edit

You didn't give an answer. You replied that some parts of the bible were written for "ancient man", and was "superseded" by Christ. Considering that it was Peter, a disciple of Jesus that wrote women are to be "in all subjection" to their husband, your 'answer' makes no sense.

Understand? Because of this, it seems you're picking and choosing what you'll believe, making it hypocritical to attack Zahlanzi for doing the same.
Of course not. Atheists seemingly have a terribly poor grip on anything biblical.