Spectators in Hell

Spectators in Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You believe that there is a created place called hell which God maintains in readiness for those who reject him. In this place these lost people will be tormented and burned for eternity. Correct?

I reject this horrendous notion as being worse than any and all of the collective crimes of all mankind since the dawn of time.

Clear?
The Bible says that hell was created for Satan and his minions.

It does not say what people will be there with them, does it?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by whodey
The Bible says that hell was created for Satan and his minions.

It does not say what people will be there with them, does it?
Some say it does. What do YOU say?

w

Moves
16 May 15
2 edits

I believe that any hope of salvation comes through Jesus.

This includes people who have never heard of Jesus. For example, no Christian doubts that men like Abraham or Moses made it into heaven, but how could they? They did not know about Jesus.

I don't think that these men made it into heaven because of their "good works" alone. I think ultimately it took Jesus to save them as well.

So this brings us to people who have never heard of Jesus, just like men like Abraham. And as you bring up, it leads us to men who reject Jesus as well.

Scripture does not really specifically say that certain people will make it into heaven and others will not, does it? All it says is that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. It also says that he did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through might be saved and only through him can they be saved

Notice the word "might be" saved. I don't think all are, that is entirely up to God himself.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 May 15

2 Timothy 3:16-17English Standard Version (ESV)

16 (A)All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that (B)the man of God[a] may be complete, (C)equipped (D)for every good work.

Footnotes:

2 Timothy 3:17 That is, a messenger of God (the phrase echoes a common Old Testament expression)
Cross references:

2 Timothy 3:16 : Rom. 15:4; 2 Pet. 1:20, 21
2 Timothy 3:17 : See 1 Tim. 6:11
2 Timothy 3:17 : [Luke 6:40]
2 Timothy 3:17 : See ch. 2:21

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by whodey
I believe that any hope of salvation comes through Jesus.

This includes people who have never heard of Jesus. For example, no Christian doubts that men like Abraham or Moses made it into heaven, but how could they? They did not know about Jesus.

I don't think that these men made it into heaven because of their "good works" alone. I think ultimately i ...[text shortened]...

Notice the word "might be" saved. I don't think all are, that is entirely up to God himself.
What are you on about now? Have you got attention deficit disorder or something?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 15

Bump for Whodey

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Actually death will be rather quick.
That's okay then. We can add mass murder to that list as well.

rc

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's okay then. We can add mass murder to that list as well.
Murder implies that the condemned are innocent.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Genocide will suffice instead. 🙂

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Genocide suffice instead. 🙂
No, murder is perfectly correct. Those killed are innocent.

Also, executions are murder anyway.

w

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
No, murder is perfectly correct. Those killed are innocent.

Also, executions are murder anyway.
According to the Bible, we all die because we sin.

I guess that means the kill ratio is 100%! 😵

w

Moves
16 May 15

Genocide will suffice instead. 🙂
Sinner genocide!!! 😵

w

Moves
16 May 15

Bump for Whodey
Why am I being bumped again?

The Bible says with 100% certainty that hell was made for Satan and his minions.

As for anyone else put there, it is unknown as to whom or why.

The Bible also says that the only possible escape is through Jesus.

The rest you can piece together for yourself. At the end of the day though, I think we are all going to be surprised. I can say that with 100% certainty

w

Moves
16 May 15

The debate about the existence of hell, or the lack thereof, is simply a continuation of the old question, if there is a loving God, why does suffering exist.

Well guess what kids, suffering does exist. I know this is a shock to most, but now we must make sense of why and how?

Those that cannot fathom God allowing suffering and refuse to accept him because of it will reject him. It's just that simple.

Cape Town

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No, it doesn't. It usually implies that the killing was deliberate and illegal. It says nothing whatsoever about the innocence of the victim. If you met Hitler on the street, knew who he was, and killed him, that would be murder.
If a government executes someone for political reasons, or due to some failure of the justice system executes an innocent person, or if a soldier gets killed in war, those are typically not called murder (although one may choose to label them so).