Religious quandary

Religious quandary

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by karoly aczel
This'bridge'.. it appears after death?
Does the "gap" wait until death to appear?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by Startreader
Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life".

The Way and a bridge are not incompatible.
But you see, the Way IS a bridge. A bridge to God, across the gap created by sin.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
And yet you join self-identifying Christians like robbie, Suzianne, lemon lime, josephw and others when they call divegeester a "so-called Christian" or words to that effect.

And yet, like you, what he personally believes arguably matters - in his mind - only to him and his God figure and what he believes is according to his understanding, too.

It someti ...[text shortened]... ess to attack a fellow Christian ~ that you don't give him the same leeway as you give yourself.
I thought you weren't trying to trip her up?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
So what are you saying ~ you have attacked him ~ or you haven't attacked him?
"Is it safe?"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
...add to that, those who simply cannot and don't believe because they are unconvinced by the claims Christians make about the meaning of Jesus's life and his divinity. In other words, sincere and honest non-believers.
No. Period.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Are you seriously suggesting that you don't feel as if you attack divegeester? I'm wondering if you have your tongue in your cheek.
I thought you said you weren't trying to trip her up?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
So you attacked him unintentionally, is that what you mean?
Your "third degree" interrogation wears thin. Again.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
How do you account for:

Hebrews 9:27
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”

I believe the teaching of purgatory to be error. Furthermore no one can expurgate their own sin.
But what if Purgatory is a place of teaching who Jesus was to those who never knew Jesus?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

I disagree. What we believe affects our actions and therefore impacts what those around us see and believe.

The teaching of eternal suffering, which you seem to be comfortable if equivocal with, is probably the single most horrendous notion a human being could contour up. It puts Christ on an infinitely worse moral platform than religious terrorists and is totally against the natur of God as revealed in the rest of scripture.
So do you actually think it is okay to vilify those who merely disagree with you? You have a long history of arguing with those who have the temerity to disagree with you and to vilify them, attack them, and make up stories about them until others attack them too, all because they disagree with you. You have a far better relationship with atheists in this forum than you do with other Christians, some of whom believe in the eternal torture theory. I happen to think this philosophy of forum warfare against those who disagree with you to be far worse and more horrible than merely believing what is a fundamental doctrine of many Christian churches. "Hitlerizing" these people who disagree with you is far, far worse than just adopting a doctrine, no matter how horrible you believe the doctrine to be.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

According to your belief, can anyone who is either not a subscriber to the teachings of your church nor a member of it, be a true Christian?
This concept of "True Christian"™ is anti-thetical to Christianity. Stop with the "forum-combat".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16
1 edit

Page 193 of the Memo thread where you called me, among other things a "systematic torturer". Later in the thread you called me an "actual sadist".
She called you these things based on your forum behavior, not your Christian beliefs. Can you tell the difference anymore?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 16

This is a debate Startreader. 🙂
Is it? I thought it was more of your standard "forum-combat" behavior? Perhaps, if you feel it is a debate, then could you, you know, actually debate, and not attack her? And yes, same goes for FMF. As I said, you sound more like him every day. And no, that's not a compliment.

F

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Is it? I thought it was more of your standard "forum-combat" behavior?
Your one line blurts on this thread page seem much more like "forum-combat behavior" than anything anyone else is contributing to this discussion.

Moves
26 Feb 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Yes
help me through this one, are we saying that jesus has alway existed thus making it possible for people who lived before him to know him?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Does the "gap" wait until death to appear?
Yeah, like can we see this "bridge" while still alive and if not why not?