Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, because we live in a universe that we have we have not made, we do not hold it together by the power of our thoughts; its reality remains so no matter what we think about it. The most humorous example I heard describe this was about gravity; it is real; we don't know what it is, but we know the effects, and they don't change simply because we believe in it; if that were ...[text shortened]... out. We would always be screaming at people, "Just believe in gravity," as they float off screaming.
Gravity is not something supernatural.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Experiencing color and hearing about it are two different things. Not too much different for a color-blind person always hearing about color having a small clue from what they see until they get glasses that correct their blindness. After that, they know it isn't only a theory once it becomes a reality.
A poor analogy, KellyJay. Colour is not supernatural. Colour-blindness is not supernatural. And the seeing-colour and not-seeing-colour thing does not work with regard to me because I have decades of experiential knowledge of faith giving me an understanding of faith that you apparently do not have.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Apr 22

@fmf said
A poor analogy, KellyJay. Colour is not supernatural. Colour-blindness is not supernatural. And the seeing-colour and not-seeing-colour thing does not work with regard to me because I have decades of experiential knowledge of faith giving me an understanding of faith that you apparently do not have.
Experiencing color is just that; it is an experience; it is more than just figuring out the wavelengths of light and knowing the difference between one and another using instrumentation. Hearing about red light shifts as light moves away from us is not the same as seeing it; hearing about the doppler effect with sound is not the same as experiencing it; hearing about Jesus Christ in your life is not the same as having Him.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Experiencing color is just that; it is an experience; it is more than just figuring out the wavelengths of light and knowing the difference between one and another using instrumentation. Hearing about red light shifts as light moves away from us is not the same as seeing it; hearing about the doppler effect with sound is not the same as experiencing it; hearing about Jesus Christ in your life is not the same as having Him.
You're desperately trying to reach through your computer screen and change the facts of my life. Now you're riffing on "the Doppler effect" and "the wavelengths of light". Presumably, there is some sort of ideological imperative here to which you feel the need to nail your Y-fronts.

Moves
24 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Do you believe in Jesus as your saviour?
No.

Moves
24 Apr 22

@chessataxia said
No.
Tell me a little about your God, your theism.

Do you derive any moral guidance from it?

Moves
24 Apr 22

Matter did not create itself. Therefore a God or God's must exist.

I have no moral compass. 🙃

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Apr 22

@fmf said
Gravity is not something supernatural.
Where did it come from, what is it, the meta-narrative that explains everything from beginning to end answers that. Do you know or you have blind-faith?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Apr 22

@chessataxia said
Matter did not create itself. Therefore a God or God's must exist.

So you have no idea what is right or wrong, or don't care?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Apr 22

@fmf said
You're desperately trying to reach through your computer screen and change the facts of my life. Now you're riffing on "the Doppler effect" and "the wavelengths of light". Presumably, there is some sort of ideological imperative here to which you feel the need to nail your Y-fronts.
I'm simply pointing out that you have been defining your life; back then and now, nothing is different; it is all about you. If Christ were a part of your life, it wouldn't be just you, but that is what it is, always was, nothing else, nothing.

F

Moves
25 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Where did it come from, what is it, the meta-narrative that explains everything from beginning to end answers that. Do you know or you have blind-faith?
Physics explains gravity.

F

Moves
25 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
If Christ were a part of your life, it wouldn't be just you, but that is what it is, always was, nothing else, nothing.
I understand what you believe as a result of your faith, KellyJay. Belief in Christ was a part of my life too, just as it is part of yours. I didn't believe it was "just me" just as you believe it isn't "just you". My faith was not "nothing", just as I do not believe your faith is "nothing".

Moves
25 Apr 22

@chessataxia said

Not much to say either it seems.

Moves
25 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Where does gravity come from; is that what you are asking?

Moves
25 Apr 22

@fmf said
Physics explains gravity.
But where did “physics” come from huh!?