Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Apr 22

@fmf said
Your sense of right and wrong ~ and what is flawed or not flawed - is just as subjective as anyone else's, regardless of whether they subscribe to your religion.
That assumes it all ends and begins with us. If it doesn't, then what you said doesn't apply because it isn't just subjective; there would be an objective truth.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
That assumes it all ends and begins with us. If it doesn't, then what you said doesn't apply because it isn't just subjective; there would be an objective truth.
Your claims about what is and isn't "objective truth" are essentially meaningless when we are discussing something that falls squarely within the realm of subjectivity.

As I said, your sense of right and wrong ~ and, to refer to the OP, your sense of what is flawed or not flawed - is just as subjective as anyone else's, and your personal opinions about what does or doesn't "end and begins with us" do not alter that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Apr 22

@fmf said
Your claims about what is and isn't "objective truth" are essentially meaningless when we are discussing something that falls squarely within the realm of subjectivity.

As I said, your sense of right and wrong ~ and, to refer to the OP, your sense of what is flawed or not flawed - is just as subjective as anyone else's, and your personal opinions about what does or doesn't "end and begins with us" do not alter that.
That is your belief; that is what you claim when it comes to the Spiritual World, the Supernatural is all in our heads. I keep telling you this is why what you had wasn't the real thing, because that is a supernatural event, not one that anyone for any reason can have and share simply because it is all subjective. You are, in essence, claiming you don't believe in it, so it cannot be real, which is subjective, not to mention very circular.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
That is your belief; that is what you claim when it comes to the Spiritual World, the Supernatural is all in our heads. I keep telling you this is why what you had wasn't the real thing, because that is a supernatural event, not one that anyone for any reason can have and share simply because it is all subjective.
You keep referring to your personal subjective opinions and speculations about supernatural things as "objective truths". They are not. You may be very, very, very certain that they are true. But they are not "objective truths".

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
You are, in essence, claiming you don't believe in it, so it cannot be real, which is subjective, not to mention very circular.
No, KellyJay, I am not claiming that your subjective opinions are NOT "objective truths" because I DON'T believe in them; I claiming that your opinions are NOT "objective truths" because they are subjective.

Moves
24 Apr 22

Finally started a fight...

Took a minute but we got er done son.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@chessataxia said
Finally started a fight...
KellyJay uses the adjective "objective" as a kind of intensifier word and adds it to whatever "truths" he firmly believes in. It is one of his flaws, linguistically and philosophically speaking.

Moves
24 Apr 22

@fmf said
KellyJay uses the adjective "objective" as a kind of intensifier word and adds it to whatever "truths" he firmly believes in. It is one of his flaws, linguistically and philosophically speaking.
Ya I got that.

It's like people who use scripture to prove their point right after I said scripture is biased.

They just keep on ticking...like a clock that won't stop. 😔

Moves
24 Apr 22

Or maybe I'm wrong because I just watched "The Breakfast Club" and it pissed me off.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@chessataxia said
It's like people who use scripture to prove their point right after I said scripture is biased.
If the point they seek to make is scriptural, I think using scripture to "prove" it in the context of their doctrines is fair enough. A religion's scripture is like a kind of manifesto that is effectively in competition with other religions' scriptures, so by its very nature it is going to be "biased".

Moves
24 Apr 22

Fair enough my ass.

That's like me saying I'm the sexiest man alive because it was written down long ago.

Scripture is Wrong.

F

Moves
24 Apr 22

@chessataxia said
Fair enough my ass.
We shall just have to agree to disagree, then.

Moves
24 Apr 22
1 edit

I said fair enough my ass.

That means you wrong son.

Don't make me say it twice.

Don't make me break my foot off in yer ass.

Moves
24 Apr 22

Damn edits!

Moves
24 Apr 22

Damn foot!