Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
If that were true, why do you keep asking questions without telling me how I said I didn't give you what you were looking for? Seeking to understand is trying to reason with someone; you don't do that; you insult, put down, pigeonhole, belittle, and justify yourself.
Your inability or reluctance to provide direct succinct answers to direct questions is your problem, not mine.

In this matter, find you to be intellectually dishonest and evasive, avoiding specifics, hiding behind grey areas and using conjecture to pad out replies and then claim “I’ve answered that”.

I’m a Christian, we believe in the same God and yet I find your brand of Christianity as represented by yourself, in this forum, to be unattractive due to your prideful dishonesty.

However I don’t think you want to be like this and you possibly aren’t fully aware of this issue, but I’m not making it up. I just don’t think you are yet in a place where you would’ve able to take on this new generation of unsaved people who are looking for clear, succinct and honest answers to some of these tough questions.

- What is nature, structure and person of god?
- Why does a loving god deliberately torture people for eternity?
- What happens to people who die having never heard of Christ?
- Is everything written in the Bible literal?
- What happens to me if I fall away at some point?

Standing in rows singing “are you washed in the blood of lamb” or “shine Jesus shine” doesn’t cut it anymore.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Bump for dive. How did this NOT answer your question? Please explain!
How do you personally decide what is literal in the bible and what isn’t?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
How do you personally decide what is literal in the bible and what isn’t?
Personally, my favorite method is reading it for myself and looking at the context.
You didn't address the answer I gave you, left it out; please refer to that and tell me inside of it what was it that did not address your question?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Your inability or reluctance to provide direct succinct answers to direct questions is your problem, not mine.

In this matter, find you to be intellectually dishonest and evasive, avoiding specifics, hiding behind grey areas and using conjecture to pad out replies and then claim “I’ve answered that”.

I’m a Christian, we believe in the same God and yet I find your ...[text shortened]... in rows singing “are you washed in the blood of lamb” or “shine Jesus shine” doesn’t cut it anymore.
We are either Christians by the blood of Christ as God set it up or not; you are making it up as you go, which in your case, is what you have claimed to do by saying you use your moral compass to determine what is good scripture and bad. Jesus said we live by every Word of God; dive says, I like that one, and not that one.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester said

I’m a Christian, we believe in the same God and yet I find your ...[text shortened]... in rows singing “are you washed in the blood of lamb” or “shine Jesus shine” doesn’t cut it anymore.
When you take entire responses to you and dismiss the whole thing by saying it’s all faith speech, you have not provided any honest intellectual criticisms but belittled the whole thing without explanation; you, by your definition, turned something entirely meaningless. That is extraordinary evasive intellectually dishonest to suggest something was worthless without even bothering to explain your reasoning. So suggesting something was given to you was not an answer; your claim of no to answer is then a false complaint, totally dishonesty, while you claim who wrote a reply to you is being dishonest.

You are a Christian, really; why is that? What makes you a Christian just because you believe? There are going to be those who tell Jesus they did things in His name and will be cast out because Jesus is going to claim He never knew them. The book of James says when we have faith, and there is nothing that shows it as a reality, it is a dead faith, your treatment of others through the years, the name-calling, the strife, the promoting of yourself over even the Word of God shows what is in your heart, it comes out of your mouth we see it as you write.

If the foundation of your Christianity is not Jesus Christ, the One from the scriptures, you are making it up as you go. You may feel righteous all in yourself; you are so wise you can look down on others as if they are below you; that is pride. I cannot take my life and make a case for God accepting me; I go to God through Jesus Christ, my Savior.

God is Holy, Just, Righteous, Good, and everything He does will not step on one attribute to the expense of any of the others, but you believe He does, and you cannot even see that. So you dismiss the righteousness and goodness of God to validate His love. Tough questions, you cannot grasp the easy ones without blowing up; what makes you think you’d grasp a hard one?

Falling away from God, what does the Bible say? Does it talk about it, and when those that do fall away and reject the Lord, what does the Bible say?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
Personally, my favorite method is reading it for myself and looking at the context.
Oddly enough, this is exactly what I do.

How strange then that only you seem to have the “truth” !

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
We are either Christians by the blood of Christ as God set it up or not; you are making it up as you go, which in your case, is what you have claimed to do by saying you use your moral compass to determine what is good scripture and bad. Jesus said we live by every Word of God; dive says, I like that one, and not that one.
No, none of what you are saying about me is true, but I accept that it’s a version of my posting profile that make you feel more comfortable avoiding the points I bring up for you.

I do note however how your hypocrisy permits YOU to make “personal comments” which you seem to be dead set against.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
When you take entire responses to you and dismiss the whole thing by saying it’s all faith speech, you have not provided any honest intellectual criticisms but belittled the whole thing without explanation; you, by your definition, turned something entirely meaningless. That is extraordinary evasive intellectually dishonest to suggest something was worthless without even bot ...[text shortened]... a false complaint, totally dishonesty, while you claim who wrote a reply to you is being dishonest.

I’m a Christian, we believe in the same God and yet I find your brand of Christianity as represented by yourself, in this forum, to be unattractive due to your prideful dishonesty.

However I don’t think you want to be like this and you possibly aren’t fully aware of this issue, but I’m not making it up. I just don’t think you are yet in a place where you would’ve able to take on this new generation of unsaved people who are looking for clear, succinct and honest answers to some of these tough questions.

- What is nature, structure and person of god?
- Why does a loving god deliberately torture people for eternity?
- What happens to people who die having never heard of Christ?
- Is everything written in the Bible literal?
- What happens to me if I fall away at some point?

Standing in rows singing “are you washed in the blood of lamb” or “shine Jesus shine” doesn’t cut it anymore.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
You are a Christian, really; why is that? What makes you a Christian just because you believe?
We’ve been over this before very recently, but as usual you don’t take in what I write, or you just ignore it.

I am a Christian for exactly the same reasons you have stated you are a Christian. If this upsets your separatist, elitist, exclusive dogma-ridden world, then that’s your problem, not mine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
If the foundation of your Christianity is not Jesus Christ, the One from the scriptures, you are making it up as you go. You may feel righteous all in yourself; you are so wise you can look down on others as if they are below you; that is pride. I cannot take my life and make a case for God accepting me; I go to God through Jesus Christ, my Savior.
The foundation of my Christianity IS Jesus Christ.

You seem upset KellyJay.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
God is Holy, Just, Righteous, Good, and everything He does will not step on one attribute to the expense of any of the others, but you believe He does, and you cannot even see that.
No, I don’t do what what you’re accusing me of.

None of what you are saying about me is true, but I accept that it’s a version of my posting profile that make you feel more comfortable avoiding the points I bring up for you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 May 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Oddly enough, this is exactly what I do.

How strange then that only you seem to have the “truth” !
You don't study the Bible systematically, as I have told you in the past. You pluck
and pick bits and pieces out of it without understanding the whole. It will agree with
itself if you study it, and where it doesn't agree the issue is in you, not the text.
Everything needs to be viewed in context; if what you think it is saying doesn't agree
with the rest of the scripture, you'll find you are not looking at something properly.

This isn't something new; I've been telling you this forever and a day, but like many
things you read my words or others, you decide what is being said and that not the
intent of the writer matters. You are always putting words in others' mouths and
twisting scripture to suit you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Falling away from God, what does the Bible say? Does it talk about it, and when those that do fall away and reject the Lord, what does the Bible say?
You should ask FMF, he has direct experience of this.

Oh…of course you did ask him and completely rejected out of hand everything he said to you. Over and over and over again.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
You don't study the Bible systematically, as I have told you in the past.
Yes I do KellyJay. And I have done for decades.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 22

@kellyjay said
The book of James says when we have faith, and there is nothing that shows it as a reality, it is a dead faith, your treatment of others through the years, the name-calling, the strife, the promoting of yourself over even the Word of God shows what is in your heart, it comes out of your mouth we see it as you write.
This bitterness and abuse just makes you look small and very very upset.