Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Religion is flawed because man is flawed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
The hubris you display is quite astounding.
No hubris here on my part. You are using the word incorrectly.

F

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
No, you tell me what you think; I mean, there is a difference.
Is your perception of gravity not that it is an example of supernatural causality?

F

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
No, you tell me what you think; I mean, there is a difference.
Is not all that "analogous" twaddle about 'the "truth" about sums adding up to 8' on the other thread not offered in the context of your conviction that your beliefs in supernatural causality constitute "truth"?

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
I agree you described what it does, not what it is.
Who do you “agree” with on this?

No one agrees with you because you are wrong.

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
I'm not the one bringing up beasts from the book of Revelation to dismiss the stance you've taken on something else; that would be you.
Yes yes I brought it up, well spotted, and so what.

You are a person who has defended the notion of eternal genocidal torture by trying to assert that everything in Revelation, in fact everything in the bible is literal. And yet you contest the proven science of gravity.

It’s laughable.

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Since you brought it up, what is my stance on the beast in Revelation?
Start a thread on it so we can discuss your general brand of diehard religious zealotry without derailing this particular exploration into your head-up-your-bum deluded crazy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Yes yes I brought it up, well spotted, and so what.

You are a person who has defended the notion of eternal genocidal torture by trying to assert that everything in Revelation, in fact everything in the bible is literal. And yet you contest the proven science of gravity.

It’s laughable.
I have not said everything in Revelation or the Bible is a fact, you are lying.

Moves
28 Apr 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Oh right I’m lying now!
Ok let’s sense check this right now then shall we.

kellyjay is all the stuff about lakes of fire and brimstone and the eternal burning of non Christians therein, literal or metaphor?

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
And let’s sense check this one right now also…

kellyjay, is everything in the bible fact?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 22
2 edits

@divegeester said
And let’s sense check this one right now also…

kellyjay, is everything in the bible fact?
I've already told you there are parables, poems, dreams, visions, and so on, and you ignore me, and you don't read what is written; you see some words insert your meaning and make judgments, so claiming something you know wasn't true, is a lie. Note that, fact check it, you judge the Word of God as if your moral compass is superior to God, and you twist the things said to you and go out of your way for strife, you are going to have a difficult time giving an account for your every word.

Moves
28 Apr 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I've already told you there are parables, poems, dreams, visions, and so on, and you ignore me, and you don't read what is written; you see some words insert your meaning and make judgments, so claiming something you know wasn't true, is a lie. Note that, fact check it, you judge the Word of God as if your moral compass is superior to God, and you twist the things said to yo ...[text shortened]... t your way for strife, you are going to have a difficult time giving an account for your every word.
Is everything in the bible FACT or not?

You just said that you have never said “everything in the bible is fact”.

Moves
28 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Oh right I’m lying now!
Ok let’s sense check this right now then shall we.

kellyjay is all the stuff about lakes of fire and brimstone and the eternal burning of non Christians therein, literal or metaphor?
Are you going to answer this question or run away kellyjay?

Moves
28 Apr 22

And denominational Christians wonder why their numbers are dropping; this performance by kellyjay could be held up as a case study!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Is everything in the bible FACT or not?

You just said that you have never said “everything in the bible is fact”.
You don't read the words people use for understanding; you read them to make them fit into what you want them to say so you can make your points without grasping what was written. Which makes you a very confused individual; you get a thought into your head, and it doesn't leave no matter how many times you get corrected.

F

Moves
28 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
You don't read the words people use for understanding; you read them to make them fit into what you want them to say so you can make your points without grasping what was written. Which makes you a very confused individual; you get a thought into your head, and it doesn't leave no matter how many times you get corrected.
You may not realize it KellyJay, but you probably play the man rather than the ball more than anyone else here when you are in Evasion Mode.