1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 09:44
    @kellyjay said

This isn't something new; I've been telling you this forever and a day, but like manythings you read my words or others, you decide what is being said and that not theintent of the writer matters. You are always putting words in others' mouths and
    twisting scripture to suit you.
    You just sound really upset that I don’t agree with your personal interpretation of the bible and your subsequent version of Jesus.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 09:46
    @kellyjay said
    Everything needs to be viewed in context; if what you think it is saying doesn't agree with the rest of the scripture, you'll find you are not looking at something properly.
    You write this as if it’s some sort of revelation you’ve had.

Most everyone does this, including and especially myself.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 09:47
    @kellyjay, this is my message to you.

Your inability or reluctance to provide direct succinct answers to direct questions is your problem, not mine.

In this matter, find you to be intellectually dishonest and evasive, avoiding specifics, hiding behind grey areas and using conjecture to pad out replies and then claim “I’ve answered that”.

I’m a Christian, we believe in the same God and yet I find your brand of Christianity as represented by yourself, in this forum, to be unattractive due to your prideful dishonesty.

However I don’t think you want to be like this and you possibly aren’t fully aware of this issue, but I’m not making it up. I just don’t think you are yet in a place where you would’ve able to take on this new generation of unsaved people who are looking for clear, succinct and honest answers to some of these tough questions.

- What is nature, structure and person of god?
    - Why does a loving god deliberately torture people for eternity?
    - What happens to people who die having never heard of Christ?
    - Is everything written in the Bible literal?
    - What happens to me if I fall away at some point?

Standing in rows singing “are you washed in the blood of lamb” or “shine Jesus shine” doesn’t cut it anymore.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '22 12:22
    @divegeester said
    You just sound really upset that I don’t agree with your personal interpretation of the bible and your subsequent version of Jesus.
    It doesn't matter that you and I agree if we are not rightly looking at scripture and
    we come away twisting it into something it doesn't say; the real issue is not each
    other; it is with the scripture. My version of Jesus and your version of Jesus are just
    versions He is "I AM," and He is the Word of God made flesh. So when He shares
    the parable about wheat and tares growing up together and what happens to both
    is something we have to take at His Word; one other interesting thing about that
    the story, the appointed time only the Father knows not the Son, so they are NOT
    one person since there is a distinction in knowledge as there are in other things
    about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit making them separate yet One.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '22 12:401 edit
    @divegeester said
    Your inability or reluctance to provide direct succinct answers to direct questions is your problem, not mine.

In this matter, find you to be intellectually dishonest and evasive, avoiding specifics, hiding behind grey areas and using conjecture to pad out replies and then claim “I’ve answered that”.

I’m a Christian, we believe in the same God and yet I find your ...[text shortened]... in rows singing “are you washed in the blood of lamb” or “shine Jesus shine” doesn’t cut it anymore.
    Many people who stood in pews singing about the blood of the Lamb who never
    knew Him will hear the words, 'depart from me, I never knew you." The only thing
    that matters is Jesus Christ in our lives; you can have all of the head knowledge you
    want, but if all Jesus is to you is a warm and fuzzy feeling, not Lord and Savior, you
    have nothing. The wheat and tares are still growing up together; the day the Lord
    says it's time to harvest the wheat, the tares are then thrown into the fire.

Do you think there are two groups of people, one being wheat, one being tares, and
    how do you know which is which in the parable, Jesus said when it is the harvest
    time is safe to tell which is which, so we shouldn't assume.

As you do your mind-reading tricks to tell other people what they mean when
    laying claims about dishonesty when answers are given to you so you can deny
    having received them, that is the same thing you do to scripture.

You only see it the way you want it to be.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:12
    @kellyjay said
    It doesn't matter that you and I agree if we are not rightly looking at scripture andwe come away twisting it into something it doesn't say; the real issue is not eachother; it is with the scripture.
    I agree that you shouldn’t “twist scripture” as you like to call it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:14
    @kellyjay said
    So when He shares
    the parable about wheat and tares growing up together and what happens to both
    is something we have to take at His Word
    Are you suggesting one of us is a “tare” kellyjay?

You love slipping the little “personal remarks” in don’t you.

Tut-tut, naughty with the hypocrisy.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:16
    @kellyjay said
    It doesn't matter that you and I agree if we are not rightly looking at scripture and
    we come away twisting it into something it doesn't say; the real issue is not each
    other; it is with the scripture. My version of Jesus and your version of Jesus are just
    versions He is "I AM," and He is the Word of God made flesh. So when He shares
    the parable about wheat and tares gro ...[text shortened]... e as there are in other things
    about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit making them separate yet One.
    You were just saying something about not taking individual scriptures and “twisting them” into something they’re not…

Maybe I miss heard you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:17
    @kellyjay said
    Many people who stood in pews singing about the blood of the Lamb who never
    knew Him will hear the words, 'depart from me, I never knew you."
    Let’s hope you and I, nor nobody we know, aren’t one of those huh.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:20
    @kellyjay said
    The only thing
    that matters is Jesus Christ in our lives; you can have all of the head knowledge you
    want, but if all Jesus is to you is a warm and fuzzy feeling, not Lord and Savior, you
    have nothing.
    Are you now trying to accuse me of only having “head knowledge” kellyjay.

Gosh…the last couple of pages you are really digging deep into your
    “Christian book of snide offences to say to another Christian whom you don’t like” today aren’t you!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:21
    @kellyjay said
    The wheat and tares are still growing up together; the day the Lord
    says it's time to harvest the wheat, the tares are then thrown into the fire.
    Err, you’ve already insinuated that I’m a “tare”, try the next insult from your little book of jibes.

🙂
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:23
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus said when it is the harvest
    time is safe to tell which is which, so we shouldn't assume.
    Very true, let’s not “assume” who is or isn’t a “tare” then.

Certainly not based on someone ruffling your feathers on the internet anyway!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:25
    @kellyjay said.
    As you do your mind-reading tricks to tell other people what they mean when
    laying claims about dishonesty when answers are given to you so you can deny
    having received them, that is the same thing you do to scripture.
    No, everything you are saying about me is a lie, but I can see how you would prefer to insult me with biblical jibes, in order to help yourself feel more superior and less concerned with giving straight answers to straight questions.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:27
    Gosh, I seem to have rubbed kellyjay up the wrong way today.

Not sure what I said to trigger all this, but the BIG BOOK of BIBLE INSULTS was heavily employed by him today!
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:28
    @divegeester said
    Are you suggesting one of us is a “tare” kellyjay?

You love slipping the little “personal remarks” in don’t you.

Tut-tut, naughty with the hypocrisy.
    I hope not! When it is time for the harvest, everyone will see; I hope neither we are for both our sakes. You are mind-reading again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree