Promote what you love

Promote what you love

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
‘Bashing’ the way I see it refers to personal insults or fierce criticism which is different to simple ‘disagreement’.
But you said, in your OP, "Most people spend most of their time here bashing Christianity", but surely such "bashing" is aimed at people like me and Ghost of a Duke too. When you say "most people", how many people are you referring to? Do you mean more than 50% of the regular posters?

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
If their atheism adds no value to their lives I guess they have no prerogative to promote anything here about it.
You've been talking to atheists here for 15 years. What "value" do you imagine there might to an atheist's life be that's added by his or her lack of belief? What kinds of things do you - as the author of the OP, and as a poster her for 15 years - imagine or expect them to say?

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
I asked: 'There is presumably a reason why you included the word "hate" in your OP."

And you answer: "Presumably yes. It seems lost on you though."

So, if neither of us thinks anyone is promoting "hate" here in this community, and if the reason is - you think - lost on me, what is the reason you included the word "hate" in your OP?
I already told you why I wasn’t interested in your snare, and the reason I told you was not because I thought nobody here is promoting hate. I refer you back to that post.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
I already told you why I wasn’t interested in your snare, and the reason I told you was not because I thought nobody here is promoting hate. I refer you back to that post.
So you recognize that accusing people in this community of "hate" will create a perception that you "hate" certain people, but whatever set of principles you've been raised with has got you suggesting that some people here "hate" others but you just want to toss that into the well rather than state who you think they are? Doesn't that already create a perception that you "hate" people, even by your own terms?

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

I don't believe that a creator being communicated with Muhammed in a cave by sending the archangel Gabriel to speak to him.

Am I supposed to think up what "value" NOT believing this story adds to my life?

And then "promote" that?

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
But you said, in your OP, "Most people spend most of their time here bashing Christianity", but surely such "bashing" is aimed at people like me and Ghost of a Duke too. When you say "most people", how many people are you referring to? Do you mean more than 50% of the regular posters?
I did not mention names for a reason. You are free to interpret the OP as you please.

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
So you recognize that accusing people in this community of "hate" will create a perception that you "hate" certain people, but whatever set of principles you've been raised with has got you suggesting that some people here "hate" others but you just want to toss that into the well rather than state who you think they are? Doesn't that already create a perception that you "hate" people, even by your own terms?
“Promote what you love rather than bashing what you hate.”

You seriously think the above statement creates the perception that I hate people? 🤔

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
“Promote what you love rather than bashing what you hate.”
Interesting that so many people on here spend so much time bashing.
I hardly ever see atheists for example promoting atheism. Or other religions promoting their own religion. Most people spend most of their time here bashing Christianity. I wonder why that is?

PS: This is not me bashing atheism and other religions. 😅
I love the teachings of Christ so I promote that.
Christians promote a teaching contrary to Christ so I bash that teaching.

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
I don't believe that a creator being communicated with Muhammed in a cave by sending the archangel Gabriel to speak to him.

Am I supposed to think up what "value" NOT believing this story adds to my life?

And then "promote" that?
Maybe you could start off by explaining how believing a ‘blob of goo by way of the zoo became you’ without any intelligent intervention adds value to your life.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
You seriously think the above statement creates the perception that I hate people?
You said you didn't want to name the people you think "hate" others because you'd be seen as "hating" them.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Maybe you could start off by explaining how believing a ‘blob of goo by way of the zoo became you’ without any intelligent intervention adds value to your life.
Can you quote where I stated that this was my belief?

Moves
23 Nov 19

@rajk999 said
I love the teachings of Christ so I promote that.
Christians promote a teaching contrary to Christ so I bash that teaching.
Are you speaking about every single Christian or only a few particular ones?

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
You said you didn't want to name the people you think "hate" others because you'd be seen as "hating" them.
Putting words in my mouth seems to be your forte.

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
Can you quote where I stated that this was my belief?
Feel free to explain how you believe the human species got here then if you feel I haven’t summed your belief up correctly.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

Things that "add value" [and meaning] to my life include my children and my wife, my wider family, my work colleagues, my work and the impact it has on people, my community, and more generally the culture I have chosen to live in. There are other things like sport, music and broadcasting. The list could go on. I don't subscribe to any religious tradition, so, obviously, there is no religion that "adds value" [and meaning] to my life, although I understand how belief in a God creates "value" for theists and it gives them a doctrine to "promote".