1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:30
    @divegeester said
    So both you and dj2becker are using dj2becker's thread about not bashing people, to bash me.

I see.
    And yet you just said my premise that people shouldn't challenge other peoples beliefs, attitudes or behaviours in an environment such as this is nonsensical.😂
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:322 edits
    @divegeester said
    Or...you could address what I wrote instead of "bashing" me.
    You may see it as “bashing”, others may see it as ‘challenging your attitudes or behavior’. 😅
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:52
    @deepthought said
    I haven't been through the whole thing, but there appears to be no criticism at all. This was my point though, that that poetry does not appear to involve 'bashing' of any other belief systems.
    It happens occasionally that sometimes there is a response to a post. As with all threads, individuals are free to do so. When it does happen, there is little mentioned, if at all.

I appreciate it it because I live and move in a world where I must advocate for myself and others. It is important for me to listen carefully and make intentional recommendations and decisions with compassion and reason. Anyone who knows me as well as the original poster on the ... thread, knows how difficult that is for me. Reticence as spiritual practice is useful for me.

I AM going through the whole thread, carefully copying the posts and recording the original sources for future reference and in the event that the internet ever disappears. The copying by hand is also a beneficial personal practice that sets the tone of my days.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 17:41
    @hakima said
    It happens occasionally that sometimes there is a response to a post. As with all threads, individuals are free to do so. When it does happen, there is little mentioned, if at all.

I appreciate it it because I live and move in a world where I must advocate for myself and others. It is important for me to listen carefully and make intentional recommendations and decisions wi ...[text shortened]... isappears. The copying by hand is also a beneficial personal practice that sets the tone of my days.
    It is important for me to listen carefully and make intentional recommendations and decisions with compassion and reason. Anyone who knows me as well as the original poster on the ... thread, knows how difficult that is for me.

I think that most of us find that to be difficult.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 18:39
    @hakima said

I appreciate it it because I live and move in a world where I must advocate for myself and others. It is important for me to listen carefully and make intentional recommendations and decisions wi ...[text shortened]... isappears. The copying by hand is also a beneficial personal practice that sets the tone of my days.
    I became a Christian at 25; I read and copied the scriptures by hand to grasp and learn since I had no previous experience with it. Writing anything by hand is good and becoming a lost art.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 18:49
    @kellyjay said
    I became a Christian at 25; I read and copied the scriptures by hand to grasp and learn since I had no previous experience with it. Writing anything by hand is good and becoming a lost art.
    There is a scene in the movie “Eat, Pray, Love” where Elizabeth Gilbert is directed to copy texts for Ketut, her Balianese healer friend. After copying and painstakingly translating (using computer translators) and transliterating volumes of sacred texts, I think I understand the golden opportunity the sage had offered her. I wonder what precious insights she might have passed up by simply photocopying them.
  7. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 19:15
    @mister-moggy said
    @KellyJay

i promote kitty litter.
    mister moggy gets around the "three only posts per day for non-subscribers" by
    replying to his own post.

( the humble kitty does it again ).
  8. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 19:50
    @mister-moggy

and again....
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 20:07
    @hakima said
    There is a scene in the movie “Eat, Pray, Love” where Elizabeth Gilbert is directed to copy texts for Ketut, her Balianese healer friend. After copying and painstakingly translating (using computer translators) and transliterating volumes of sacred texts, I think I understand the golden opportunity the sage had offered her. I wonder what precious insights she might have passed up by simply photocopying them.
    Writing it out slows down the process allowing it to stick with you a little longer. I enjoy reading, writing, and listening to as well.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 20:29
    @dj2becker said
    And yet you just said my premise that people shouldn't challenge other peoples beliefs, attitudes or behaviours in an environment such as this is nonsensical.
    It is nonsensical, it’s silly.

What is interesting is that on the end of it you ALSO claim that people prefer to bash people and then both you and sonship use the thread to bash me.

1) challenging other people’s beliefs is what this forum is for
    2) you and sonship bashing people in a thread where your OP complains about bashing people.

Great thread Daniel.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 20:31
    @kellyjay said
    You wrote blocks of scripture out by hand. Whatever for?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '19 00:31
    @dj2becker said
    I hardly ever see atheists for example promoting atheism.
    What exactly is there ~ in your mind, at least ~ that non-believers can or should "promote"?
  13. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Nov '19 00:44
    @dj2becker said
    “Promote what you love”
    this is genius
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Nov '19 13:251 edit
    @divegeester said
    It is nonsensical, it’s silly.

What is interesting is that on the end of it you ALSO claim that people prefer to bash people and then both you and sonship use the thread to bash me.

1) challenging other people’s beliefs is what this forum is for
    2) you and sonship bashing people in a thread where your OP complains about bashing people.

Great thread Daniel.
    It’s interesting to note that when you challenge people it’s not bashing but when you are challenged then it’s suddenly regarded as bashing. 🤔

Different rules for different mules ey?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '19 15:57
    @dj2becker said
    It’s interesting to note that when you challenge people it’s not bashing but when you are challenged then it’s suddenly regarded as bashing. 🤔

Different rules for different mules ey?
    No. That’s not what I said. I’m quoting YOUR words from your OP.

YOU complained about bashing, not me. I couldn’t care less who you bash.

But YOU then start bashing me. As does sonship.

Your hypocrisy within a few posts is what is interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree