Promote what you love

Promote what you love

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Feel free to explain how you believe the human species got here then if you feel I haven’t summed your belief up correctly.
Neither of us knows. We have discussed this several times before.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Putting words in my mouth seems to be your forte.
This are the words that came out of your mouth: "You want me to say who is promoting hate and then accuse me of being hateful by pointing them out."

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Maybe you could start off by explaining how believing a ‘blob of goo by way of the zoo became you’ without any intelligent intervention adds value to your life.
Are you "promoting what you love" with this post?

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
This are the words that came out of your mouth: "You want me to say who is promoting hate and then accuse me of being hateful by pointing them out."
I see nothing there saying I think people are promoting hate, sorry maybe you should read it to yourself again, a little slower this time.

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
Neither of us knows. We have discussed this several times before.
How does the fact that you believe no one knows how we got here add value to your life?

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
Are you "promoting what you love" with this post?
I was answering a question you asked. If you believe it is hate speech feel free to alert an administrator.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
How does the fact that you believe no one knows how we got here add value to your life?
Speculating about what I believe we know and don't know adds some value to my life, intellectually speaking, along with things like history, philosophy, etc.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
I was answering a question you asked. If you believe it is hate speech feel free to alert an administrator.
"Hate speech"?

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
I see nothing there saying I think people are promoting hate, sorry maybe you should read it to yourself again, a little slower this time.
Then neither of us believes it then, as I said previously. Good. It makes your OP a bit odd though.

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
Then neither of us believes it then, as I said previously. Good. It makes your OP a bit odd though.
And you presumably reached this conclusion using logic?

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Maybe you could start off by explaining how believing a ‘blob of goo by way of the zoo became you’ without any intelligent intervention adds value to your life.
This counter question was a dodge.

Here is the question - which goes to the very heart of your clumsy OP - once again, at least in so far as atheists are concerned:

I don't believe that a creator being communicated with Muhammed in a cave by sending the archangel Gabriel to speak to him. 

Am I supposed to think up what "value" NOT believing this story adds to my life?

And then "promote" that?

Moves
23 Nov 19
1 edit

@fmf said
This counter question was a dodge.

Here is the question - which goes to the very heart of your clumsy OP - once again, at least in so far as atheists are concerned:

I don't believe that a creator being communicated with Muhammed in a cave by sending the archangel Gabriel to speak to him. 

Am I supposed to think up what "value" NOT believing this story adds to my life?

And then "promote" that?
Well I answered your question with an alternative suggestion of something you could maybe promote because you didn’t seem up for promoting your own suggestion.

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Well I answered your question with an alternative suggestion of something you could maybe promote because you didn’t seem up for promoting your own suggestion.
Why are you ignoring the answers I have given?

F

Moves
23 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
Here's what I posted again:

And then "promote" that?

You seem determined to sidestep this.

Moves
23 Nov 19

@fmf said
Here's what I posted again:

And then "promote" that?

You seem determined to sidestep this.
You seem a little bamboozled to me. It is for you to decide what you do or don’t wish to promote on here. It’s not my call.