1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:38
    @kellyjay said
    I became a Christian at 25; I read and copied the scriptures by hand to grasp and learn since I had no previous experience with it. Writing anything by hand is good and becoming a lost art.
    I recommend using a pencil rather than a ballpoint. I find that the slight additional friction helps with control. This then means that when I write something with a fountain pen it comes out far more legible. Also there's the advantage that errors can be erased, which isn't possible with either type of pen.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:48
    @dj2becker said
    I hardly ever see atheists for example promoting atheism.
    What kinds of things do you imagine non-believers can or should "promote"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:53
    @dj2becker said
    You want me to say who is promoting hate and then accuse me of being hateful by pointing them out.
    I don't think anyone is "promoting hate" here and I doubt you seriously think anyone is either. And yet you chose to make this thread about "hate", to some degree, by using the word in your OP.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:56
    @deepthought said
    The same reason that students take hand written notes in lectures, or at least did in my day. It reinforces what is being read and makes the process active rather than passive.
    Not sure what kind of educational establishment you went to but I’ve never known of students “copying out blocks of text”.
    Taking notes isn’t copying blocks of text.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:56
    @divegeester said
    I’ve stated my position in this thread more clearly and more times than your pointless crappy OP deserves so I’m not saying it again.

However to be clear and to repeat what I’ve said elsewhere to you: I think you are an intellectually lazy troll and a class dickhead Becker, so I’ll “bash” your lame hypocrisy every time I choose to. Just like that.

Do feel free to reciprocate, because you won’t hear me whining like a little girl about it.
    This post sounds just like the whining of a little girl. 🤣
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:58
    @dj2becker said
    I hardly ever see atheists for example promoting atheism. Or other religions promoting their own religion.
    If you want people from other religions promoting their faiths here, you could perhaps think about inviting such people to join this website and then participate on this forum.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 13:11
    @dj2becker said
    This post sounds just like the whining of a little girl. 🤣
    You would say that of course, even if you don’t believe it.

It is astonishing how someone of your apparent intelligence has such limited conversational scope and is so constricted in their spiritual outlook.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 23:56
    @divegeester said
    It is astonishing how someone of your apparent intelligence has such limited conversational scope and is so constricted in their spiritual outlook.
    Looking forward to the promotion of your own more expansive spiritual outlook (assuming it's something you love), Diva Magnanima.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 00:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 00:07
    @caesar-salad said
    Looking forward to the promotion of your own more expansive spiritual outlook
    I’m sure you are, and why wouldn’t you be.
  11. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 01:31
    i still love sumiko nakayama after all these years.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 01:36
    @divegeester said
    Not sure what kind of educational establishment you went to but I’ve never known of students “copying out blocks of text”.
    Taking notes isn’t copying blocks of text.
    University of Exeter followed by the University of Oxford. Copying blocks of text depended a little on the lecturer, but I really don't think that it's a criticisable thing.
  13. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 01:39
    @DeepThought

then you have never read the wikipedia posts made by duchess64
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 01:48
    @mister-moggy said
    @DeepThought

then you have never read the wikipedia posts made by duchess64
    There's a difference between a copy and paste and an actual hand copy.
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 02:02
    @divegeester said
    Very interesting, thank you for taking the time to explain. How often do you find yourself doing this?

I sometimes read things over and over, or watch things over and over. Probably for the same reason as you know I’ve come to think about it.
    I do this on a daily basis as a regular practice. It sets my brain in the mornings and I find that what I have copied out comes to me in serendipitous moments throughout the day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree