1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 09:523 edits
    “Promote what you love rather than bashing what you hate.”
    Interesting that so many people on here spend so much time bashing.
    I hardly ever see atheists for example promoting atheism. Or other religions promoting their own religion. Most people spend most of their time here bashing Christianity. I wonder why that is?

PS: This is not me bashing atheism and other religions. 😅
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 10:39
    @dj2becker said
    I hardly ever see atheists for example promoting atheism. Or other religions promoting their own religion. Most people spend most of their time here bashing Christianity. I wonder why that is?

PS: This is not me bashing atheism and other religions. 😅
    Well, since Dasa was banned there isn't really anyone else. I'm an agnostic and it's essentially a skeptical position, in the old sense of the word, meaning that I'll happily criticize theists and atheists. Being an agnostic I don't really have a position of my own to defend, other than that when I'm criticizing I hope that it's generally in the critique sense of the word rather than the condemnation sense.

You seem to have completely ignored the "..." thread, in which considerable amounts of what appear to me to be Buddhist and Daoist poetry are being quoted. This seems to be to be promotion of a non-Christian viewpoint.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 10:56
    @deepthought said
    Well, since Dasa was banned there isn't really anyone else. I'm an agnostic and it's essentially a skeptical position, in the old sense of the word, meaning that I'll happily criticize theists and atheists. Being an agnostic I don't really have a position of my own to defend, other than that when I'm criticizing I hope that it's generally in the critique sense of the wo ...[text shortened]... and Daoist poetry are being quoted. This seems to be to be promotion of a non-Christian viewpoint.
    I have merely glanced at the poetry post, is there a lot of bashing of the people who are writing in it for their motivations, and the poems themselves? You bring up a good point, I have to give you that?
  4. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 11:50
    @KellyJay

i promote kitty litter.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:04
    @dj2becker said
    It's not a binary option.

This is a debate forum where ideas are floated, challenged and sometimes sunk. Your premise that people shouldn't challenge other peoples beliefs, attitudes or behaviours in an environment such as this is nonsensical.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:14
    @mister-moggy

i promote kitty litter.

You tried to promote Jesus reforming Judaism and Paul inventing the Christian church. It turned out to be kitty litter.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:37
    @mister-moggy said
    @KellyJay

i promote kitty litter.
    I used to share an apartment decades ago with a friend whose mom would send care packages every week. One of the things she sent was cat food, there was no cat. Never knew why. 😉
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:45
    @kellyjay said
    I used to share an apartment decades ago with a friend whose mom would send care packages every week. One of the things she sent was cat food, there was no cat. Never knew why. 😉
    There is always 'a cat' sir, a stray somewhere that needs feeding.

Or do we only feed those cats that we own?
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 13:17
    @kellyjay said
    I have merely glanced at the poetry post, is there a lot of bashing of the people who are writing in it for their motivations, and the poems themselves? You bring up a good point, I have to give you that?
    I haven't been through the whole thing, but there appears to be no criticism at all. This was my point though, that that poetry does not appear to involve 'bashing' of any other belief systems.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 13:32
    @divegeester said
    It's not a binary option.

This is a debate forum where ideas are floated, challenged and sometimes sunk. Your premise that people shouldn't challenge other peoples beliefs, attitudes or behaviours in an environment such as this is nonsensical.
    You seem to be bashing way more ideas than you are floating.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:50
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    There is always 'a cat' sir, a stray somewhere that needs feeding.

Or do we only feed those cats that we own?
    Once again, you open my eyes! 😄
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:572 edits
    @dj2becker

You don 't understand Divegeester. He takes pride in coming here uncommitted, lackadaisical and empty and smugly sitting back and just pointing out when others seem upset.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:59
    @kellyjay said
    Once again, you open my eyes! 😄
    I like to think your friend's mum was sending you subliminal messages to feed all strays cats as a juxtaposition to feeding the hungry and those in need.

😀
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:07
    @dj2becker said
    Or...you could address what I wrote instead of "bashing" me.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 15:08
    @sonship said
    @dj2becker

You don 't understand Divegeester. He takes pride in coming here uncommitted, lackadaisical and empty and smugly sitting back and just pointing out when others seem upset.
    So both you and dj2becker are using dj2becker's thread about not bashing people, to bash me.

I see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree