Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Okay, remind me that just attempting to have a normal conversation with will always be judged.
You being just about as trite as you possibly can be ~ albeit not in the same league as Romans1009/PB1022's efforts ~ about the meaning and intent of the personal anecdote revealed in the OP may be a "normal conversation" to you, but to me, you sounded like you were pouting about things on other threads.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I took your sharing to be sort of a victory lap of sorts for not yielding to the need for prayer, nothing more than that.
This post reveals an awful lot about your inner self which frankly appears to be quite nasty.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jan 22

@fmf said
You being just about as trite as you possibly can be ~ albeit not in the same league as Romans1009/PB1022's efforts ~ about the meaning and intent of the personal anecdote revealed in the OP may be a "normal conversation" to you, but to me, you sounded like you were pouting about things on other threads.
Noted

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@fmf said
Then maybe you ought not to be talking to me about the personal information I have revealed regarding that recent near-death experience in my family.
What are you talking about?

On second thought, pretend I didn’t ask that.

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
What are you talking about?
I am talking about my OP and your behaviour.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
How can you be certain of assertion?
Because in the one instance the person dying has to come to terms with personally experiencing an afterlife he is not 100 percent sure he understands, and, in the other instance he doesn’t.

This has nothing to do with levels of sadness or grief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
You are speaking on behalf of the entire global population of this planet?
Yes, I am.

Because knowing *you* are about to personally experience an afterlife you are not 100 percent sure you understand is a completely different mindset than knowing you are not on the verge of experiencing that.

For anyone to claim otherwise is, in my opinion, dishonest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Are you intent on downshifting fully into Romans1009 mode or will you just be being obnoxious for a page or two?
I’m usually not obnoxious in the forum.

Can you say the same, King of the Red Thumbs?

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Because in the one instance the person dying has to come to terms with personally experiencing an afterlife he is not 100 percent sure he understands, and, in the other instance he doesn’t.

The fact you wouldn't have had the same feeling of jeopardy as I did, does not mean that my revelation about the feeling of jeopardy I experienced is "false" in any way.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said

I recognise that this is your strongly held opinion.

Do you recognise that it is an opinion?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Yes, I am.

Because knowing *you* are about to personally experience an afterlife you are not 100 percent sure you understand is a completely different mindset than knowing you are not on the verge of experiencing that.

For anyone to claim otherwise is, in my opinion, dishonest.
@divegeester said
You are speaking on behalf of the entire global population of this planet?

You replied
Yes, I am.

Which? your reply doesn’t differentiate

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m usually not obnoxious in the forum.
You are the poster who posted as Romans1009 are you not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Do you feel that it is impossible for a person to value more of the life of another than their own?
Not at all what I’m saying.

I’m saying the effect on someone who knows he is about to die is different than the effect on someone of watching a close relative die.

In the former, the person is about to experience - and knows he is about to experience - an afterlife he is not 100 percent sure he understands, and in the latter, he’s not.

This has nothing to do with sadness or grief or value or anything you’re claiming.

I’m saying the effects on someone about to die are different than the effects on watching a close relative die. I’m not making a judgment about the effects; just noting they are different.

And I felt the need to do that because the OP compared his experience of watching a close relative die to an atheist in a foxhole and that (imo) is an obvious false comparison.

F

Moves
03 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
I recognise that this is your strongly held opinion.
It may not be a strongly held opinion; maybe he is just putting forward a contrarian stance so that he can call me "dishonest" when I explain that I see the incident in the OP differently from him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
You seem to have gotten yourself into quite a tizzy.
Are you done riding in to FMF’s rescue?