Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m saying the effect on someone who knows he is about to die is different than the effect on someone of watching a close relative die.
I’m aware that this is your strongly held opinion, are you aware that it is just an opinion?

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m saying the effects on someone about to die are different than the effects on watching a close relative die.
This is not so in the case described in the OP, as I have explained.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Are you done riding in to FMF’s rescue?
Are you the person who previously posted under the username Romas1009?

My point being in asking this is that you cannot dislocate yourself from your previous atrocious behaviour here. You can however be honest about it, acknowledge it and move on from it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I recognise that this is your strongly held opinion.

Do you recognise that it is an opinion?
It’s not an opinion. It’s fact.

Are you saying the emotions and experiences and thoughts of someone who knows he’s about to die are the same - and the same in intensity - as someone who is not about to die but who is watching a close relative die?

For one, the sadness would be far greater in the person watching a close relative die and the anxiety would be far less.

And that’s just one difference.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
It’s not an opinion. It’s fact.
Your opinions are not facts any more than mine are

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@fmf said
This is not so in the case described in the OP, as I have explained.
You compared watching a close relative die to being an atheist in a foxhole. It’s a false comparison.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
From this post one can conclude that you don't have children, a loving life partner, or a very good relationship with your family. Hands up everyone who's surprised...
You totally misunderstood my point. Read further in the thread if you’re interested in understanding what it was - since you didn’t catch it the first time.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Your opinions are not facts any more than mine are
Right. But what I stated was not an opinion. It was a fact.

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You compared watching a close relative die to being an atheist in a foxhole. It’s a false comparison.
No, it's not. That hospital room was the proverbial foxhole. I went through a feeling of jeopardy that was worse than the thought of me losing my own life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@fmf said
The fact you wouldn't have had the same feeling of jeopardy as I did, does not mean that my revelation about the feeling of jeopardy I experienced is "false" in any way.
Do you think your feeling of jeopardy was the same - and the same in intensity - as the person about to die?

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You totally misunderstood my point. Read further in the thread if you’re interested in understanding what it was - since you didn’t catch it the first time.
avalanchethecat's post was near the bottom of page 2. I think his comment was very apposite given the things you said on those first two pages.

F

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you think your feeling of jeopardy was the same - and the same in intensity - as the person about to die?
The person about to die was unconscious.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Right. But what I stated was not an opinion. It was a fact.
It isn’t a fact just because you strongly believe it.

Stating that something is a fact because you strongly believe it is a logical fallacy of some sort

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@fmf said
No, it's not. That hospital room was the proverbial foxhole. I went through a feeling of jeopardy that was worse than the thought of me losing my own life.
Oh, come on.

That sounds utterly, completely and blatantly false.

And utterly, completely and blatantly selfish.

You’re watching a close relative die and your thoughts are about yourself? That’s obscene.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Oh, come on.

That sounds utterly, completely and blatantly false.

And utterly, completely and blatantly selfish.

You’re watching a close relative die and your thoughts are about yourself? That’s obscene.
You are now misrepresenting what FMF said.