New world!!!!

New world!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Yes they have.
Oh yeah..we now stand up straighter. I forgot.

F

Moves
06 Jul 12

Originally posted by galveston75
You have been dismissive of ideas and perspectives that challenge your preconceived notions all along. You've studiously sidestepped any content in my posts that does not fit your "signs" of the "end times" vision. For you to take everything I've said - and that I've taken time to type out in messages addressed to you - and try effectively to reduce it to me having only said that humans "now stand up straighter" is profoundly dishonest and exhibits a stark absence of generosity of spirit. Does this approach work for you on the doorsteps?

rc

Moves
06 Jul 12

Dude the dogs howl into the twighlight and the caravan trundles on.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You have been dismissive of ideas and perspectives that challenge your preconceived notions all along. You've studiously sidestepped any content in my posts that does not fit your "signs" of the "end times" vision. For you to take everything I've said - and that I've taken time to type out in messages addressed to you - and try effectively to reduce it to me hav ...[text shortened]... tark absence of generosity of spirit. Does this approach work for you on the doorsteps?
I've side stepped nothing. I just refuse any longer to play the never ending circular questions you have and the constant trying to trip me up or twist my words.
If you are truly not aware of this trait you have, you should go back and read all your postings to me and just maybe you might see it and why it is useless to discus anything with you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol....

F

Moves
06 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
When facetious comments take the place of proper discourse, the negative, misanthropic vision that you and galveston75 peddle here seem so brittle and impervious to life-affirming optimism. I think people know full well that you have run out of ideas (or you are experiencing cognitive dissonance) when you haul out your 'trundling caravan' cliche.

What relationship is there between galveston75's "we now stand up straighter" comment to the points that have been under discussion, i.e. improving health, literacy, education, justice, human rights, civil society, rule of law, the rolling back of tyranny and the rise of participatory democracy, the fight against discrimination, the determination and ingenuity of mankind in facing challenges... etc. etc. ?

F

Moves
06 Jul 12

Lol....
Dodging. Deflection.

Does this approach work for you on the doorsteps?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 12

To Rajj:

So again...why don't you understand it?????????????????

F

Moves
06 Jul 12

I've side stepped nothing. I just refuse any longer to play the never ending circular questions you have and the constant trying to trip me up or twist my words.
You dodge any ideas or information that challenge your preconceived beliefs about the world or that are at odds with your central contention of 'what's the use, why bother, a supernatural being is going to make everything right'. Disagreeing with is "tripping you up?" Pressing you to address issues rather than dodge them is "twisting your words"? This is attempted 'victimhood' at its most facile.

F

Moves
06 Jul 12
1 edit

My question is just exactly how is it going to get better and who is going to make this happen?
You asked this question on page 8. I wrote you a long answer on page 9. And you have simply ignored it. I've made my contribution to the discussion about 'how it is going to get better and who is going to make this happen' but your contribution to the discussion is to simplye dodge or ignore my answer to your question, and - when pressed on the matter - characterize it as having your words "twisted".

F

Moves
06 Jul 12

If you are truly not aware of this trait you have, you should go back and read all your postings to me and just maybe you might see it and why it is useless to discus anything with you.
This is mere self-pitying deflection and not an answer to the content of the post you were responding to.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
This is mere self-pitying deflection and not an answer to the content of the post you were responding to.
Ok if that's the way you see it that's fine with me. Have a good day...

F

Moves
06 Jul 12

Still just dodging any genuine discussion of the assertions you make.

rc

Moves
06 Jul 12

Bro Russell stated, we cannot stop to kick every dog that barks at us.

F

Moves
06 Jul 12

Can the profoundly nihilistic and cop-out message [with regard to the challenges humanity faces] 'Don't bother with it, it'll all be over soon', seriously be described as a "spiritual" perspective? Or is it something psychological, something rooted in the tell-me-what-to-think and tell-me-what-to-do personalities of those who are drawn to the fatalistic "New world!!!!" ideology of the group that propagates it?