1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 20:33
    @divegeester said
    Are you going to address the fact that when the text in Timothy (yes written by Paul) was written, the “bible” didn’t exist?

So your assertion that the book of Enoch isn’t “scripture” is false.
    Are you claiming that the Old Testament didn’t exist when the Apostle Paul wrote 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy or are you claiming that the Old Testament isn’t Scripture?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 20:40
    @plantermoo said
    Are you claiming that the Old Testament didn’t exist when the Apostle Paul wrote 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy or are you claiming that the Old Testament isn’t Scripture?
    I’m claiming that your assertion that the book Enoch is NOT scripture because it’s not in the bible, is bogus and contradicted by the text in Timothy which I gave you.

This Old Testament blarney is just a deflection by you.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 20:51
    @divegeester said
    Are you going to address the fact that when the text in Timothy (yes written by Paul) was written, the “bible” didn’t exist?

So your assertion that the book of Enoch isn’t “scripture” is false.
    When you commit a major blunder, the best thing to do is ignore it and hope people forget about it - not continue to highlight it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 20:55
    @divegeester said
    I’m claiming that your assertion that the book Enoch is NOT scripture because it’s not in the bible, is bogus and contradicted by the text in Timothy which I gave you.

The Old Testament is the Hebrew Bible. The last book of the Old Testament was written nearly 500 years before the Apostle Paul wrote those letters to Timothy.

Jesus Christ Himself referred to the Hebrew Bible a/k/a Old Testament as “Scriptures.” In his letter to Timothy, Paul was referring to the Hebrew Bible a/k/a Scriptures.

I realize you’re getting angry and frustrated that you can’t talk your way out of this but a blunder this big - what I would call a blunder deluxe - is best ignored by the person who commits it. Instead, you seem determined to draw attention to it.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:06
    @plantermoo said
    The Old Testament is the Hebrew Bible. The last book of the Old Testament was written nearly 500 years before the Apostle Paul wrote those letters to Timothy.

Jesus Christ Himself referred to the Hebrew Bible a/k/a Old Testament as “Scriptures.” In his letter to Timothy, Paul was referring to the Hebrew Bible a/k/a Scriptures.

I realize you’re getting angry and frust ...[text shortened]... is best ignored by the person who commits it. Instead, you seem determined to draw attention to it.
    Look again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Bible

“Make sure the ball has crossed the line before you celebrate”
    - Old English footballing saying
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:07
    @plantermoo said
    When you commit a major blunder, the best thing to do is ignore it and hope people forget about it - not continue to highlight it.
    A lesson you would do well to consider next time you return after this upcoming ban 😉
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:10
    @divegeester said
    Look again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Bible

“Make sure the ball has crossed the line before you celebrate”
    - Old English footballing saying
    That doesn’t prove your point - it proves mine!

Were you hoping no one would check the link?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:112 edits
    @divegeester said

There was no book called bible / scripture used by the Jews before Christ. They were just a collection of scrolls and they consisted of all the books in the present OT Bible plus about 12 other books. In the time of Christ the bible used by the Apostles was the Septuagint which was the Greek version of these Hebrew scrolls.

The fact that the people have removed these books from the OT should make one question everything done by men since the time of Christ. They removed OT books considered 'scripture' by Christ, and decided which books would form the NT in the present bible.

Books like Enoch and several others were considered inspired books or sacred writings by the Jews. A book that is not in the bible does not make its contents less true or accurate than one in the bible. The Jews had a whole list of books they considered inspired.

The present-day Christian is a very narrowminded and shallow personality when it comes to the history and evolution of the current bible and all the changes that were made over the last 2000 yrs. Cleary God is not part of, neither has he inspired these changes.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:11
    @divegeester said
    A lesson you would do well to consider next time you return after this upcoming ban 😉
    So you’re going to have me banned ‘cause I embarrassed you by exposing your blunder deluxe?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:11
    @plantermoo said
    That doesn’t prove your point - it proves mine!

Wow you skim read it in less than 4 minutes 😂
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:12
    @plantermoo said
    So you’re going to have me banned ‘cause I embarrassed you by exposing your blunder deluxe?
    No I’m going to play with you for a while and then get you banned when I’m bored with chewing your innards.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 21:13
    @plantermoo said

Which bit did you check in your 3.5 minutes between my post and yours?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 05:24
    @divegeester said
    You are basing that on what?
    On the fact that only two churches in Africa consider it scripture.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 06:04
    @suzianne said
    On the fact that only two churches in Africa consider it scripture.
    So on nothing more than the status quo.

I see.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 08:34
    @plantermoo said
    No, I think Russ will eventually get around to banning you again, due to you being a previously banned poster known for malicious and creepy trolling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree