Lying - A social necessity?

Lying - A social necessity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
What atheist website have you been trolling on?

What version of the Bible does it use?

Do you feel that you’re a tool of Satan in your obsession with bashing God or does the motivation come from somewhere else?

Do you get physically excited when you think you may have prevented someone from believing in Jesus Christ?

Do you go to shopping malls to hand out leaflets or do you confine your atheist propaganda to the Internet?
Or you could simply address the quote and contribute to the thread like a grown up.

(And it was the KJV your specified favourite).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Or you could simply address the quote and contribute to the thread like a grown up.

(And it was the KJV your specified favourite).
I contributed to the thread in a substantive fashion and you told me to “creep elsewhere.”

Not a very nice thing to say but I realize you’re grumpy after having medical restrictions placed on your trolling

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Cmon, Ghost, you don't have search very far for instances where the God of the OT is an unrighteous bastard. Just read the Book of Job. Why do you think the primal response to the OT God was fear?
Again you have overpowered the Ghost with your wisdom sir and I have to concede that the OT presents a tyrannical God who thrives on fear and destruction.

Just this morning I held the view that the God of the OT was morally stable, but now see the error of my ways. (A complete shift in theological thinking between breakfast and afternoon tea).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

Again you have overpowered the Ghost with your wisdom sir and I have to concede that the OT presents a tyrannical God who thrives on fear and destruction.

Just this morning I held the view that the God of the OT was morally stable, but now see the error of my ways. (A complete shift in theological thinking between breakfast and afternoon tea).
Time for your afternoon nap, tiger.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
15 Mar 18

"Sage advice," whispers the Ghost, "skulking in the corner, plotting revenge and skulduggery.
That's a weird thing to almost say to one's self.

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Time for your afternoon nap, tiger.
The 'tiger' thing is rather creepy. Is that your intent?

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
That's a weird thing to almost say to one's self.
'Narrator' mode young padawan.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Mar 18

Yes, well, that very realization, namely that the angry-vengeful God of the OT needed to lighten up and transform Himself into the loving-forgiving God of the NT, which occurred to you between breakfast and tea time, took some hundreds of years to establish itself in the Mediterranean collective consciousness, so consider yourself among the spiritual adepts for having grasped it with a subtle hint. Others allegedly witnessed The Almighty Himself Incarnate bowling people over with miracle after miracle, in their faces, and still did not get it.

Moves
15 Mar 18

Yes, well, that very realization, namely that the angry-vengeful God of the OT needed to lighten up and transform Himself into the loving-forgiving God of the NT, which occurred to you between breakfast and tea time, took some hundreds of years to establish itself in the Mediterranean collective consciousness, so consider yourself among the spiritual adepts ...[text shortened]... arnate bowling people over with miracle after miracle, in their faces, and still did not get it.
I have indeed come a long way in my theological thinking, on the journey from marmalade on toast to salmon en croute.

(I wouldn't be at all surprised, if before arriving at vegetarian moussaka, I have fully refuted the teleological argument and proven the case for existentialism).

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I am here discussing what I see as mundane human ideologies with diverse individuals and witnessing the impact that such ideologies have on the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of those that propagate them. It's what this little social media facility is for.
Really? You think social media exist for the people who frequent them? For exchanging ideas?? We’re cannon fodder.

Social media exist to provide revenue for the financial backers of said media.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Mar 18
3 edits

I have indeed come a long way in my theological thinking, on the journey from marmalade on toast to salmon en croute.

(I wouldn't be at all surprised, if before arriving at vegetarian moussaka, I have fully refuted the teleological argument and proven the case for existentialism).
Hmmm, running headlong into mousaka. ..I myself am still wrestling with clotted cream on top or jam on top.

Fruit scones, or plain?

EDIT I am reminded that Jainists hold life per se, not only sentient life, to be sacred. Some won’t walk on grass. I suppose a thorough-going Jainist would have to eat only carrion from animals which had died of natural causes.

Moves
15 Mar 18

Hmmm, running headlong into mousaka. ..I myself am still wrestling with clotted cream on top or jam on top.

Fruit scones, or plain?

EDIT I am reminded that Jainists hold life per se, not only sentient life, to be sacred. Some won’t walk on grass. I suppose a thorough-going Jainist would have to eat only carrion from animals which had died of natural causes.
Jainists believe in an eternal universe and that jam should always go on top of cream. (Plain scone).

(Part of the above statement might be a lie, told for the greater good).

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Mar 18

Part of me wants to eat scones, for the greater good.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Mar 18

Part of me wants to eat scones, for the greater good.
🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 18

Really? You think social media exist for the people who frequent them? For exchanging ideas?? We’re cannon fodder.

Social media exist to provide revenue for the financial backers of said media.
Well, yeah, but then he can't just make it about him by admitting that.