Lying - A social necessity?

Lying - A social necessity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Yeah, maybe tomorrow
I doubt you will. To suggest that belief in Jesus Christ can be "prevented" by reading words written by a non-Christian on a message board like this makes you sound like a blithering idiot.

"Prevented"? You're such a buffoon.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You're one of the biggest jerks I've come across here.
Don’t hold back - tell me how you really feel.

I think you secretly like me. Why else would you spend so much time talking with me. You seem to always be the one who initiates the conversations too.

So, you think I’m a jerk and you can’t quit me

🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18
1 edit

I doubt you will. To suggest that belief in Jesus Christ can be "prevented" by reading words written by a non-Christian on a message board like this makes you sound like a blithering idiot.

Who said “prevented?”

I thought your question was silly and so I said I’d address it tomorrow. Why so hostile? Angry because I’m leaving?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

Why? I've made no secret of why I am here and I have been open about it for 10 years or more. How long have you been here? Why would I want to "store" something I'd posted?
Did you store the community-wide apology you wrote? You might want to dust that off.

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

Who said “prevented?”
You did.

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

Did you store the community-wide apology you wrote? You might want to dust that off.
For what?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

For what?
The same reason you had to apologize to our RHP community and to the website’s owners before - your atrocious behavior

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

You did.
That was in a hypothetical, silly goose

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

And I suppose you think you appear rational and sane on here

🙄

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

I think you secretly like me. Why else would you spend so much time talking with me. You seem to always be the one who initiates the conversations too. So, you think I’m a jerk and you can’t quit me
You represent one strand of fatuous, glib, vacuous, self-sanctifying morally lightweight Christianity. I do not get to meet religionist jerks like you much in 'real life'. As I said, witnessing the impact that superstition/ideologies have on the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of those that propagate them, is interesting.

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

That was in a hypothetical, silly goose
Why even introduce the word? Ghost of a Duke has never claimed to have "prevented" any religious person from following their religion. It's a notion from your head. You have tried to project it onto him. But the daft line of thinking is yours and yours alone. It's made you look a fool.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

You represent one strand of fatuous, glib, vacuous, self-sanctifying morally lightweight Christianity. I do not get to meet religionist jerks like you much in 'real life'. As I said, witnessing the impact that superstition/ideologies have on the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of those that propagate them, is interesting.
Well your synonym finder sure got a workout with that paragraph.

You obviously don’t know much about Christianity, which you proved yesterday by trying to link Ecclesiastes 12:13 to it. That was a howler that won’t be soon forgotten.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

Why even introduce the word? Ghost of a Duke has never claimed to have "prevented" any religious person from following their religion. It's a notion from your head. You have tried to project it onto him. But the daft line of thinking is yours and yours alone. It's made you look a fool.
I just got a glimpse of how your mind works from that paragraph - and it was downright frightening.

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

Well your synonym finder sure got a workout with that paragraph.
What makes you say that?

F

Moves
15 Mar 18

I just got a glimpse of how your mind works from that paragraph - and it was downright frightening.
You introduced the notion of non-Christians 'preventing' people from being Christians by typing stuff on a message board. It didn't come from my mind. And it didn't come from Ghost of a Duke's mind.