1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 18:17
    @rajk999 said
    Christian churches do not preach what the bible contains. They preach that they are saved and everyone else is going to hell.
    Kind of like this?

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 18:32
    'God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.'

1 Timothy 2:4
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.'

1 Timothy 2:4
    That’s certainly what God wants, but He also respects man’s free will to reject Him.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:40
    @plantermoo said
    That’s certainly what God wants, but He also respects man’s free will to reject Him.
    Does He?

'Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.'

Romans 9:18
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:43
    @plantermoo said
    Kind of like this?

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)
    Of course Jesus is the way, but churches believe that Paul is the way.

Jesus is the way and Jesus said that all who keep the commandments and do good works ie feed the hungry, help the needy, clothe the naked etc etc will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 18:581 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Of course Jesus is the way, but churches believe that Paul is the way.

Jesus is the way and Jesus said that all who keep the commandments and do good works ie feed the hungry, help the needy, clothe the naked etc etc will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.
    How do you explain this?

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”

(John 11:25)

And this?

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

(John 8:24)

And this?

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

(John 6:40)
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Does He?

'Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.'

Romans 9:18
    How is God choosing who to have mercy on interfering with man’s free will?

And when He hardened Pharaoh’s heart, it was only after Pharaoh had consistently rejected what Moses told him what God wanted him to do
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:03
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus"

Romans 3:23-24
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:05
    @plantermoo said
    How is God choosing who to have mercy on interfering with man’s free will?

And when He hardened Pharaoh’s heart, it was only after Pharaoh had consistently rejected what Moses told him what God wanted him to do
    Why the need to harden his heart at all?

It's ok if you don't know.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why the need to harden his heart at all?

It's ok if you don't know.
    Because He didn’t want him relenting until all the plagues had been visited upon him and Egypt. Pharaoh’s initial obstinance required a heavy price - not one he could avoid paying by agreeing to what Moses said midway through his punishment.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:13
    @plantermoo said
    Because He didn’t want him relenting until all the plagues had been visited upon him and Egypt. Pharaoh’s initial obstinance required a heavy price - not one he could avoid paying by agreeing to what Moses said midway through his punishment.
    Ah, cruelty.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Ah, cruelty.
    One man’s cruelty is another man’s justice
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 19:211 edit
    @plantermoo said
    One man’s cruelty is another man’s justice
    Do you even know what you're posting?

Firstly you say God accommodates human free will and yet here we have God overriding the Pharaoh's free will and not giving him the opportunity to change his mind and avoid the terrible plagues that ravaged Egypt. What kind of deity are you worshipping?
  14. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 20:15
    @fmf said
    The application of ubiquitous 'Golden Rule'-
    whoever has the Gold, makes the rules..
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 21:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Do you even know what you're posting?

Firstly you say God accommodates human free will and yet here we have God overriding the Pharaoh's free will and not giving him the opportunity to change his mind and avoid the terrible plagues that ravaged Egypt. What kind of deity are you worshipping?
    Pharaoh had plenty of opportunities to change his mind but stubbornly refused.

If you were naughty and your father repeatedly told you to apologize and clean up your room and you repeatedly stuck out your tongue at him, would you expect an “Ok, Ok, I’m sorry and I’ll do it!” at the start of your spanking to cause your spanking to stop?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree