Living in Truth.

Living in Truth.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
Ad Infinitum, but can you acknowledge that Jesus Christ is The Truth?
I am not a Christian. But I am interested in how your Christian beliefs about "living in truth" - such as "Jesus Christ is The Truth" - translate into the nitty-gritty of everyday life. That is, after all, what the OP poster is looking for with this thread.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Mar 19

@fmf said
What "truth about creation" do you think CalJust denies?
I don't "think" CalJust denies the truth about creation. By his own admission he denies the Genesis account that God created everything in six days. Didn't you read his post?

It's another one of those Great Debates. Right?

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
I don't "think" CalJust denies the truth about creation. By his own admission he denies the Genesis account that God created everything in six days. Didn't you read his post?
Of course, I read his post. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of Christians - around two-thirds of Americans for example - believe that the Genesis account of creation is an allegory and not literally true. But they still believe that the world was created by the Christian God, of course. And they are still Christians. There are probably more than a billion followers of Christ who think Genesis is allegorical.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Mar 19
1 edit

@fmf said
I am not a Christian. But I am interested in how your Christian beliefs about "living in truth" - such as "Jesus Christ is The Truth" - translate into the nitty-gritty of everyday life. That is, after all, what the OP poster is looking for with this thread.
You were a Christian once, right?

Didn't you read about it in the Bible? What purpose does it serve to satisfy your "interest" about how "living in the truth" translates into the "nitty-gritty" of everyday life if you don't believe and acknowledge that Jesus is The Truth?

What are you looking for? Platitudes? For crying out loud, we're all made of the same stuff and we live on the same planet and share more in common than we'd like to admit.

"Living in the Truth", if and when The Truth is acknowledged, plays itself out pretty much uniformly amongst believers give or take.

There is one guide book that provides everything anyone needs to know relative to living the Christian life. We've been through it all many times, and with the same results. Why would I want to delve into the minutia of what it means to "live in Truth" when you already know what the Bible says about it and listen to you ask endless questions, and conclude by saying you think the Bible is a collection of myths and fables?

F

Moves
25 Mar 19
1 edit

@secondson said
"Living in the Truth", if and when The Truth is acknowledged, plays itself out pretty much uniformly amongst believers give or take.
I doubt this is true. If I've met and known a thousand Christians, I have met and known a thousand different and unique Christians. Can you expand on your "Living in the Truth" belief in terms of its application with any anecdotes or examples or parameters or barriers or pitfalls or stories about when these "laws" worked or didn't work in everyday life?

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
What purpose does it serve to satisfy your "interest" about how "living in the truth" translates into the "nitty-gritty" of everyday life if you don't believe and acknowledge that Jesus is The Truth?
Well, this is a debate and discussion forum. So being interested in what is discussed and participating in it is, in and of itself, the purpose of being here.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
Why would I want to delve into the minutia of what it means to "live in Truth" when you already know what the Bible says about it and listen to you ask endless questions, and conclude by saying you think the Bible is a collection of myths and fables?
I don't know about "minutia" - I'm not aware of anyone having asked for "minutia". But delving into what it means to "live in truth" is what this thread is about. Examples don't have to be so small-scale that they qualify as "minutia".

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Mar 19

@fmf said
Of course, I read his post. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of Christians - around two-thirds of Americans for example - believe that the Genesis account of creation is an allegory and not literally true. But they still believe that the world was created by the Christian God, of course. And they are still Christians. There are probably more than a billion followers of Christ who think Genesis is allegorical.
So? So billions of Christians don't believe in the literal account of creation. So what?

Is that what we're debating about now? Whether or not everything was created in six days or millions of years?

Interesting are the answers to the survey questions asked of two-thirds of Americans about what they believe about God and what the Bible says considering the fact that two-thirds of Americans don't read the Bible.

Amazes me how many people claim to be Christian yet don't believe what the Bible says.

They have a small, weak and ineffective god that couldn't possibly have created everything in six days.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
So? So billions of Christians don't believe in the literal account of creation. So what?
CalJust is one of them. You said he denies the "truth about creation". He may not have the same opinion as you do about how creation came to pass, but if the "truth about creation" is that the Abrahamic God was behind it, then CalJust does not deny it.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
Is that what we're debating about now? Whether or not everything was created in six days or millions of years?
The issue of whether CalJust denies the "truth about creation" is a rabbit hole of your making, not mine.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
Amazes me how many people claim to be Christian yet don't believe what the Bible says.They have a small, weak and ineffective god that couldn't possibly have created everything in six days.
Is taking this attitude with your fellow Christians, when they perceive things differently from you, an example of your personal application of your "Jesus Christ is The Truth" belief to your everyday life?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Mar 19

@fmf said
Can you expand on these with any anecdotes or examples or parameters or barriers or pitfalls or stories about when these "laws" worked or didn't work in everyday life?
And add fuel to your fire? Please. Whether you acknowledge it or not, your MO is well-known here.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@suzianne said
And add fuel to your fire? Please. Whether you acknowledge it or not, your MO is well-known here.
So is yours, Suzianne.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Mar 19

My only comment:
Perhaps understanding what truth is could be better understood in knowing what it isn't. If one is not following Jesus with spiritual truths in their worship and in his daily life that Jesus taught and then demonstrated to all, then any or all of these words can apply:
"falsity, falseness, untruth, error, inaccuracy, disloyalty, flaw, half-truth, imperfection, misrepresentation, nonsense, untruthfulness."
Sense Jesus said what he said to his followers which were pretty much commands such as when he said "they were to be no part of the world" when it came to being involved it the worlds politics or fighting in it's wars, is a simple truth. Either one gets involved or they don't. He said the only thing we have to do is "pay Caesar's things to Caesar" such as taxes.
Either one follows exactly or they don't. If one does get involved, they are not following his command and then one or all of those descriptions of being untruthful to Jesus would apply.
It seems here that many have these long, long explanations of what they think being truthful to Jesus means. What is so confusing with being truthful in ones loyalty to Jesus? You do as he said or you don't.
The bible does describe ones that are not really looking at it in a simple light in being truthful to Jesus and what it means. You either follow him in all that the said or you are not. You can't pick and chose what he said to fit your life. He said to "pick up your own torture stake" because that is what it will be like in your life if you truly follow him. He said "the world would also hate you and might even kill you" because you are not one of them and not following them in this world and it's untruthful ways and ideas and philosophies.
Satan is "the ruler of this world" which the bible clearly says. You are either a subject of this world and it's ruler, or you are a subject of Jesus and his Kingdom that the bible clearly describes and the one that will soon destroy the Kingdom of Satan at Armageddon.
Do you live a "spiritually truthful" life?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
My only comment:
Perhaps understanding what truth is could be better understood in knowing what it isn't. If one is not following Jesus with spiritual truths in their worship and in his daily life that Jesus taught and then demonstrated to all, then any or all of these words can apply:
"falsity, falseness, untruth, error, inaccuracy, disloyalty, flaw, half-truth, imp ...[text shortened]... will soon destroy the Kingdom of Satan at Armageddon.
Do you live a "spiritually truthful" life?
If you have not sold all your worldly possessions and given them to the poor, the by your definition you are part of this world, therefore disobedient to Christ and not living a spiritually truthful life.