Living in Truth.

Living in Truth.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
24 Mar 19

@caljust said
Yes, that is what I am saying. And I believe that god lead me along that road of discovery!

The literal interpretation of the Bible is only one form, and the lowest form, of understanding the Bible. Far better ways are to understand the cultural, social and political context in which the books were written (for example, Deuteronomy was written during the Babylonian exile) ...[text shortened]... ned my faith, not diminished it.

But discussing that would go beyond the purpose of this thread.
What you think of as interpreting the Bible lost its credibility when you said Deuteronomy was written during the Babylonian exile.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
RHP's Spirituality Forum has long been dominated by talk the talk Christians who believe they are saved by thinking the think and who show little interest in what walk the walk Christianity entails or what it produces.
"Also, a heartfelt plea to try to keep this thread free from personal abuse."

RHP's spirituality forum has long been dominated by those that pass judgment and make personal criticisms when their arguments fail.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
RHP's Spirituality Forum has long been dominated by talk the talk Christians who believe they are saved by thinking the think and who show little interest in what walk the walk Christianity entails or what it produces.

@Rajk999 said
Correct.
Living in truth = walking the walk.

Yes, agreeing with an atheist's sentiments and criticisms of Christians is living in truth and walking the walk. 🐉

True to form Rajk.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@secondson said

RHP's spirituality forum has long been dominated by those that pass judgment and make personal criticisms when their arguments fail.
What I said was true.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
24 Mar 19

@secondson said

Do you mean like calling someone an enemy of god, or an ashole or a fake Christian? Stuff like that?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@darfius said
One would think that the way you speak of "the walk" of Christianity with such reverence that you are a Christian yourself.
I'm not a Christian anymore, that's true. My respect and admiration for walk-the-walk Christians is based on knowing them, living among them, and working with them for decades.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
24 Mar 19

@caljust said
@CalJust

To secondson and KJ:

OK, I accept your bona fides that for you living in truth means living with Jesus. No arguments there.

All I ask if you could please fill in the picture, so that I can understand how that works for you.

For example, it could mean that every morning in your quiet time of prayer you seek guidance for the day, and then you try to the bes ...[text shortened]... th for arguments, but a sincere seeking to understand how "living for Jesus" plays out in your life.
"All I ask if you could please fill in the picture, so that I can understand how that works for you."

The same as it does for everyone that has been born again. There's no mystery about Christian living and the life that God has called us to. It's all in the Bible, which I have studied in detail for nearly 40 years.

"Living for Jesus"? I heard the phrase out of the mouths of Christians before. Personally, I believe it is biblically incorrect. I understand the inference, but exactly how can a mere mortal "live" for Jesus? What can I do, think or say that can add one wit to the Lord of the universe? Follow me?

I think the correct perspective is best expressed in the following verses.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Acts 17:28a
For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Jesus lives for the believer. We can do no less than surrender all to Him.

That's what "living in Truth" means, and that's what the Bible teaches.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
@fmf said

@Rajk999 said
Correct.

Yes, agreeing with an atheist's sentiments and criticisms of Christians is living in truth and walking the walk. 🐉

True to form Rajk.
Rajk999 is right though, isn't he?

Living in truth for a Christian = walking the Christian walk.

That is correct, right?

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
Jesus lives for the believer. We can do no less than surrender all to Him.

You say a Christian should "surrender all" to Jesus.

How does this manifest itself in daily life, in action, in behaviour, how does it apply to the nuts and bolts of living life? What are some examples?

How can one tell the difference between a believer who has undertaken to actually "surrender all" to Jesus and a believer who has talked about the "surrender all" concept but hasn't actually undertaken to do it?

One would be living in truth and the other would not, right? In practical terms, how does this difference reveal itself?

What would someone on the receiving end of a Christian "living in truth" observe and experience?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Mar 19

@caljust said
@SecondSon

Would you say that you and KJ have a full understanding of the truth, and anybody who does not agree with you is in error?
I'd say if that is your question you don't have a clear understanding of the truth. I've pointed out before this is spiritual experience, not just an acknowledgement of specific doctrinal truths, and if all someone has is doctrinal truths without Jesus Christ they missed it altogether.

F

Moves
25 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I've pointed out before this is spiritual experience, not just an acknowledgement of specific doctrinal truths, and if all someone has is doctrinal truths without Jesus Christ they missed it altogether.
And yet when I have talked about my spiritual experience in the past - as a Christian - you have branded me a liar because I have declined to discuss specific doctrinal truths that I no longer believe in.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 19
1 edit

@secondson said
@fmf said

@Rajk999 said
Correct.

True to form Rajk.
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. (Acts 10:34-35 KJV)

God is no respecter of persons. The words Christian and atheist which apparently means a lot to you, means nothing to Him. All that matters is the doing of righteousness = living in truth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 19
1 edit

@secondson said
"All I ask if you could please fill in the picture, so that I can understand how that works for you."

The same as it does for everyone that has been born again. There's no mystery about Christian living and the life that God has called us to. It's all in the Bible, which I have studied in detail for nearly 40 years.

"Living for Jesus"? I heard the phrase out o ...[text shortened]... han surrender all to Him.

Thats the talk part. Like FMF said, there are some Christians who profess the talk but ignore the walk part. Christ and the Apostles did not make this error. The critical importance of the walk in Christ is explained in great detail, and it is this walk that = living in truth. John refers to it as walking in the light

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, ...(1 John 1:6-7 KJV)

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
25 Mar 19

@caljust said
The comment was made in the “Peace” thread about living in truth.

What does that mean to you? As Pilate said: “What is Truth”?

If at all possible, be practical and specific, don’t just mouth religious words like “Jesus is the Truth” .

Also, a heartfelt plea to try to keep this thread free from personal abuse.
To me, "living in truth" is a vague phrase. It is not a phrase I am inclined to use. When I hear it from others, it conveys almost no information, because people tend to give this phrase a personal meaning.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
25 Mar 19

@secondson said
What you think of as interpreting the Bible lost its credibility when you said Deuteronomy was written during the Babylonian exile.
You think Moses wrote it?

Have you ever read any scholarly review of any of the books of the Bible? Or is your opinion based on what your pastor says?

Three questions for your kind response please.