1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 11:34
    The first two commandments Christ highlighted as most important are to love the Lord God with all of our hearts, minds, and each other. So without fail, Jesus did those two every moment of His life, in each moment of our lives have we ever fallen short by breaking these two great commandments? Does anyone here think they have lived up to either of those their entire lives that God's grace would not be required for them?

Satan knows these two commandments and justifies the breaking of them every chance he gets, and so do we.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 15:08
    @kellyjay said
    The first two commandments Christ highlighted as most important are to love the Lord God with all of our hearts, minds, and each other. So without fail, Jesus did those two every moment of His life, in each moment of our lives have we ever fallen short by breaking these two great commandments? Does anyone here think they have lived up to either of those their entire lives th ...[text shortened]... knows these two commandments and justifies the breaking of them every chance he gets, and so do we.
    These aren’t the “first two” as in the first two of the 10 commandments because they aren’t listed in the 10. Jesus was clarifying the meaning and actually giving out new commandments which superseded the old.

Jesus more explicitly did this in John 13:34:
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jesus was exercising authority to rewrite the Mosaic law.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '23 06:20
    @kellyjay said
    Does anyone here think they have lived up to either of those their entire lives that God's grace would not be required for them?

Satan knows these two commandments and justifies the breaking of them every chance he gets, and so do we.
    Why does anyone have to "live up to" the supposed deeds of, and standards set by, a character depicted in a religious hagiography?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '23 06:30
    A relatively radical Jewish teacher - who got executed by the Romans for sedition -was portrayed, decades later, when some people sat down to create a new religion that would breakaway from Judaism, as having supernatural powers and and these writers declared him to be "without sin". So what? How does his "sinlessness" affect the moral logic of his version/update of the Hebrew commandments?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '23 07:44
    This same radical Jew who was empowered to rewrite Mosaic law to such an extent, is followed today by some Christians who believe that his authority was such that the whole of the Mosaic law can be superseded by a new covenant which in effectively means that homosexuals and adulterers should no longer be stoned to death.

Unfortunately that same covenant has been corrupted to include a muddled and broken morality clause which means that they will now be tortured alive for eternity, instead of being stoned to death for a few minutes.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '23 07:17
    @kellyjay said
    Does anyone here think they have lived up to either of those their entire lives that God's grace would not be required for them?
    Having come back to your OP several times to see if I can glean something more from it. The only two things which stand out for me is the fascinating backdrop of Jesus rewriting mosaic law which I’ve already addressed, and a reflection on this snipped of your text.

This question you have typed here I have read out several times to myself and I get a whiff that it is something a pastor from a southern American Bible Belt church might rhetorically call out to the congregation from the pulpit on a Sunday morning.

It’s just such an odd thing for a long term member to post in this forum.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '23 09:27
    @kellyjay said
    The first two commandments Christ highlighted as most important are to love the Lord God with all of our hearts, minds, and each other. So without fail, Jesus did those two every moment of His life, in each moment of our lives have we ever fallen short by breaking these two great commandments? Does anyone here think they have lived up to either of those their entire lives th ...[text shortened]... knows these two commandments and justifies the breaking of them every chance he gets, and so do we.
    In a Kingdom where evil is not permitted, those who find themselves dying in their sins will not enter. Those who hear Jesus say to them, "I never knew you depart from me." will not enter. We can speak and justify ourselves with some acts, and also condemn ourselves for the things we do and say as well others. On our own we are not good enough, we need the Lord Jesus Christ, God our Savior.

Isaiah 11
    English Standard Version

There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '23 09:411 edit
    If he was "sinless" then presumably he was not fully or genuinely human. If he did not have authentic human nature, then I’m not sure the whole pretense that he was a human makes much sense.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '23 09:45
    @kellyjay said
    In a Kingdom where evil is not permitted, those who find themselves dying in their sins will not enter. Those who hear Jesus say to them, "I never knew you depart from me." will not enter. We can speak and justify ourselves with some acts, and also condemn ourselves for the things we do and say as well others. On our own we are not good enough, we need the Lord Jesus Christ, God our Savior.
    Did any of this originate from your visit to church today, or recently?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '23 18:38
    @kellyjay said
    YouTube

How can one man save a multitude of men by dying on a cross?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '23 23:06
    @divegeester said
    Did any of this originate from your visit to church today, or recently?
    I suppose I should take your twice silence as an affirmative.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '23 07:15
    Looks like I’m back on KellyJay’s ignore list once again.
    😆
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '23 11:32
    @divegeester said
    I suppose I should take your twice silence as an affirmative.
    Is this how you justify making up stuff about people you don't like?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '23 11:32
    @divegeester said
    Looks like I’m back on KellyJay’s ignore list once again.
    😆
    I guess it is.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '23 13:24
    @suzianne said
    Is this how you justify making up stuff about people you don't like?
    Oh the irony.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree