Jesus Said 'Beware of False Prophets'

Jesus Said 'Beware of False Prophets'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Google's definition of cherry picking.

[b]Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Ephesians 2 is only a part of the ...[text shortened]... s FALSE AND NONSENSICAL

Read the whole of Pauls letter to the Ephesians and then we can talk[/b]
We'll talk when you stop equivocating.

Every time you get backed into the corner of your hypocrisy you weasel out with excuses.

It's a serious question. Do you believe that Christ's sacrifice on the cross was sufficient for salvation, or do you believe you need to add to it "good works" in order to be saved?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson

Every time you get backed into the corner of your hypocrisy you weasel out with excuses.

It's a serious question. Do you believe that Christ's sacrifice on the cross was sufficient for salvation, or do you believe you need to add to it "good works" in order to be saved?
I have answered that already.

Go in peace.

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson

I and others have had this challenge with Jajk999 on many occasions over the years and it is difficult to pin him down. It is the main area of contention I have with him, but I do believe he is sincere in his beliefs, if at times some of them are a bit extreme.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
I and others have had this challenge with Jajk999 on many occasions over the years and it is difficult to pin him down. It is the main area of contention I have with him, but I do believe he is sincere in his beliefs, if at times some of them are a bit extreme.
Maybe the reason why I cannot be pinned down is because the questions asked are not relevant to the teachings of the Bible. The questions I ask are extremely relevant and on point.

Example: Paul wrote to the Ephesians telling them all about the sacrifice of Christ, they are saved, they have to live righteously. Failure to do this means they will not inherit the Kingdom of God. My questions are based on direct bible quotes.

However the question SS is currently asking me has nothing to do with what the Bible says. His question is asking me how does HIS CHURCH DOCTRINE fit in with what Paul said. How can I answer that?

I have always answered questions pertaining what the Bible clearly says. I cannot answer any question which does not have any basis in bible teaching.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Apr 18

And yet you yourself said it was “confusing”. 😉
Lol. I said it was a thing of confusion for others. Not for myself.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Apr 18
1 edit

Sorry, it yes it does apparently on on occasion. Judas death is a classic example.
Not that you will ever take advise from anyone but here are a few suggestions on how you can come to understand and fully trust your bible from an imperfect humans viewpoint who doesn't feel the bible is truthful and God inspired....This is such a dangerous viewpoint to have on so many levels but this is between you and Jehovah.
But anyway maybe be trying these suggestions you maybe will improve your understanding of God's word....

"Yes, the entire Bible is harmonious. While some passages might seem to show the Bible contradicting itself, they can usually be understood correctly by applying one or more of the following principles:

Consider the context. Any author can appear to contradict himself if his words are taken out of context.

Consider the writer’s viewpoint. Eyewitnesses might describe an event accurately but not use the exact same wording or include the same details.

Take into account historical facts and customs.

Distinguish between the figurative and the literal uses of a word.

Recognize that an action may be attributed to someone—even if he did not personally carry it out. *

Use an accurate Bible translation.

Avoid trying to reconcile what the Bible says with mistaken religious ideas or dogma." WTS

Moves
08 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @galveston75
Lol. I said it was a thing of confusion for others. Not for myself.
Here is what you said, verbatim:

”But being born again is the confusing part but the scripture you quoted here explains it.”

As usual your tendency for casual forum dishonesty lets you down.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Apr 18
1 edit

No, it’s not “Lol” Galveston75, it is you being dishonest as usual. Here is what you said, verbatim:

[b]”But being born again is the confusing part but the scripture you quoted here explains it.”

As usual your tendency for casual forum dishonesty let’s you down.[/b]
Your so full of yourself...... As hard as it is for you to comprehend that others may understand the bible completely and you can't by your own words, really gets to you doesn't it. I'm so sorry you fail to understand.

Moves
08 Apr 18

Not that you will ever take advise from anyone but here are a few suggestions on how you can come to understand and fully trust your bible from an imperfect humans viewpoint who doesn't feel the bible is truthful and God inspired....This is such a dangerous viewpoint to have on so many levels but this is between you and Jehovah.
But anyway maybe be t ...[text shortened]... .

Avoid trying to reconcile what the Bible says with mistaken religious ideas or dogma." WTS
“lol” [sic]

I’ll never take advice from you Galveston75; you are a dishonest Jehovah’s Witness cultist.

Your religious organisation stands for everything I detest in religion; avarice, power, congrational bullying, elitism, false doctrine, dangerous anti-science teachings, anti-education, depriving children of birthday and Christmas seasonal joys, misanthropic and not forgetting the covering up of child sexual abuse within its ranks.

So no, I will not be taking advice from you on anything Sir.

Moves
08 Apr 18

Your so full of yourself...... As hard as it is for your you to comprehend that others may understand the bible completely and you can't by your own words, really gets to you doesn't it. I'm so sorry you fail to understand.
If you don’t like being quoted, then think carefully before you make claims.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Apr 18

If you don’t like being quoted, then think carefully before you make claims.
Of course you misunderstand my quote as you can't understand the bible or even trust it or understand it's basic scriptures.
Oh well. I have to go clean my toilets which is so much more rewarding then wasting my time with you, and they probably smell better....Ha!!!!!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 18

“lol” [sic]

I’ll never take advice from you Galveston75; you are a dishonest Jehovah’s Witness cultist.

Your religious organisation stands for everything I detest in religion; avarice, power, congrational bullying, elitism, false doctrine, dangerous anti-science teachings, anti-education, depriving children of birthday and Christmas seasonal joy ...[text shortened]... sexual abuse within its ranks.

So no, I will not be taking advice from you on anything Sir.
You left out God is the Father, WatchTower is the Mother. 😀

Moves
08 Apr 18
1 edit

Of course you misunderstand my quote as you can't understand the bible or even trust it or understand it's basic scriptures.
Oh well. I have to go clean my toilets which is so much more rewarding then wasting my time with you, and they probably smell better....Ha!!!!!
Yes that’s right Galveston75, no one understands the bible like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, no one other than Jehovah’s Witnesses are privy to insight from the spirit of god, only the Jehovah’s Witness leaders can interpret the word of god, only Jehovah’s Witnesses are righteous and only members of the Jehovah’s Witnesss church will be granted eternal life.

Strange that, isn’t it...😉

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Maybe the reason why I cannot be pinned down is because the questions asked are not relevant to the teachings of the Bible. The questions I ask are extremely relevant and on point.

Example: Paul wrote to the Ephesians telling them all about the sacrifice of Christ, they are saved, they have to live righteously. Failure to do this means they will not in ...[text shortened]... e clearly says. I cannot answer any question which does not have any basis in bible teaching.
Is the sacrifice of Christ, the atonement for sin that comes with it, the completed work, the victory....is it sufficient for salvation or should we be doing something to add to it to earn salvation?

Moves
08 Apr 18
1 edit

You have always had some sort of domestic excuse for ducking out of debate, I guess cleaning toilets is as good as any other. I mean you’ve left the site entirely more times than I’ve logged off!! 😵