Jesus Said 'Beware of False Prophets'

Jesus Said 'Beware of False Prophets'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Apr 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @galveston75
Well of course. But being born again is the confusing part but the scripture you quoted here explains it. So lets break it down.
It says one cannot see the Kingdom of God unless he is reborn in "spirit" not flesh. Flesh or the human body cannot see the Kingdom because the Kingdom is not of the earth or a physical thing to see or touch as a human. The ...[text shortened]... kingdom and would become a part of it. This is being "born again" to a new and different life.
How on earth can you pull that nonsense from the text of even your own version of the bible, which is what I quoted.

There is nothing “confusing” about it, with .god there is no confusion. The only confusion is the chaos of the cults, like the one you are trapped in old chap.

Moves
07 Apr 18
2 edits

Sorry but the bible does not contradict itself ever. It's ones own misunderstandings that seems to make contradictions.
Sorry, it yes it does apparently on on occasion. Judas death is a classic example.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Apr 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
There are many more than 4 groups spoken of by Jesus and the Apostles. I would say these are the groups:

1. The 12 disciples - head of the 12 tribes of Israel in the millennial Kingdom
2. There is the 144,000 spoken of in Revelation 12,000 x 12 tribes, these rule with Christ
3. The great multitude of believers and followers of Christ from all nations a ...[text shortened]... , and tasted of the world to come .. they will be burned.

And there may be more .. who knows.
Yes, nothing is set in stone however it's largely pre-determined

I'm sure JC will forgive a few more ... if they heed his words

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Sorry, it yes it does apparently on on occasion. Judas death is a classic example.
If you believe that and can't figure out how to resolve what you think are contradictions, you obviously have no relationship with God. It is by prayer that he listens to us and by his spirit he answers. Guess what, he's not answering you for a reason.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
How on earth can you pull that nonsense from the text of even your own version of the bible, which is what I quoted.

There is nothing “confusing” about it, with .god there is no confusion. The only confusion is the chaos of the cults, like the one you are trapped in old chap.
Such a simple explanation. Sorry you can't see it but I knew if no one could, it would be you.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
08 Apr 18

Take the example of the Ephesians which I raised and which I notice you ignored.
For sure you will continue to ignore it because what Paul teaches here is contrary to your belief. But its in the bible.

Paul said to the Christian Saints at Ephesus:
- they were brought out of a life of sin
- they were saved by the blood of Christ
- it is not through a ...[text shortened]... like the works and righteousness part.
Not everyone is destined for the Kingdom of God

-
I take it that you believe that while Christ died for our sins it is incumbent upon us to do something to earn the salvation provided by Christ's sacrificial death.

True or false?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
I take it that you believe that while Christ died for our sins it is incumbent upon us to do something to earn the salvation provided by Christ's sacrificial death.

True or false?
I think rajk’s position is that once we accept Christ or become a Christ follower, we get a clean slate (all our sins are forgiven.) But from that point forward, we cannot sin a single time and must do a frequent and unspecified number of good works. Then, if we haven’t committed a single sin from the time we accepted Christ to the time we die, we await Christ’s verdict on whether we get to enter the Kingdom of God or not.

rajk believes, as I understand it, that Christ’s sacrificial death was a one-time only redemption for each person. If you commit a single sin after accepting Christ, you’re going to the lake of fire.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
08 Apr 18

It would be interesting to hear some comments from those who have no horse in this race, about what Jesus means here. I get tired of sonship using the passage to condemn those he disagrees with. [/i]
So if jesus said beware of false prophets, doesn't that mean the jews were right not to believe he was the prophet....weren't they just taking his advice?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @uzless
So if jesus said beware of false prophets, doesn't that mean the jews were right not to believe he was the prophet....weren't they just taking his advice?
There’s a difference between a prophet and the Son of God.

Moves
08 Apr 18

Such a simple explanation. Sorry you can't see it but I knew if no one could, it would be you.
And yet you yourself said it was “confusing”. 😉

Moves
08 Apr 18

If you believe that and can't figure out how to resolve what you think are contradictions, you obviously have no relationship with God. It is by prayer that he listens to us and by his spirit he answers. Guess what, he's not answering you for a reason.
I am aware that the way the Jehovah’s Witness organisation resolves anything in the Bible has been by writing their own version of it!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 18

True or false?
Clearly you do not believe what Paul said.
Let me know if you want some more quotes.

As for your repeated nonsensical question,
I am in no position to decipher how and why your church doctrine
is completely contrary to what Paul said.
Thats for you to figure out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @uzless
Did you understand what a false prophet is from the quote in the opening post?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
08 Apr 18

Clearly you do not believe what Paul said.
Let me know if you want some more quotes.

As for your repeated nonsensical question,
I am in no position to decipher how and why your church doctrine
is completely contrary to what Paul said.
Thats for you to figure out.
Ephesians 2:8&9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is you that doesn't believe Paul because the verse above flies in the face of your twisted and convoluted interpretations.

As a Pharisee it is incomprehensible for you to believe that works of the law don't save.

"Good works" won't save you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 18
2 edits

Ephesians 2:8&9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is you that doesn't believe Paul because the verse above flies in the face of your twisted and convoluted interpretations.

As a Pharisee it is incomprehensible for you to believe that works of the law don't save.

"Good works" won't save you.
Google's definition of cherry picking.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Ephesians 2 is only a part of the story.

I explained in detail what Paul said in
Ephesians 3
Ephesians 4, and
Ephesians 5
READ IT FOR YOURSELF

Your doctrine is a cherry picking doctrine hence it is FALSE AND NONSENSICAL

Read the whole of Pauls letter to the Ephesians and then we can talk