I can’t think of a worse thing

I can’t think of a worse thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 May 22

@divegeester said
You upset kellyjay who started a thread about the harm on anonymous thumbs.

You are a prime example of their nefarious use.
And your behavior in these forums is the warning of things to come should we abandon them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 22

@suzianne said
And your behavior in these forums is the warning of things to come should we abandon them.
No it isn’t.

What you have done to KellyJay with your ludicrous behaviour is something you should pubilcy apologise to him for.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22

@fmf said
He was as "real to" me back then as He is "real to" you now.

You believe God is real, right? Well then, you must believe that the same God - the one I no longer believe in - was nevertheless was real when I believed in Him.

You must surely believe He was real and is real, regardless of what I believe now.

So, it's baffling how you keep wittering on about how "God was never real to" me. Of course he was, KellyJay.
God cannot be denied in your life if real; you cannot know Him then turn around and
deny Him unless He was never real, to begin with, you losing your faith to the point
of denial over anything couldn't change the reality of God if real.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
God cannot be denied in your life if real; you cannot know Him then turn around and
deny Him unless He was never real, to begin with, you losing your faith to the point
I am fully aware of what the tenets of your faith are.

You believe God is real but you are absolutely desperate to establish that he wasn't real to me when I believed he was.

I'd say you are suffering from a bit of cognitive dissonance.

I'd even go as far as to say ~ because you simply cannot get your head around loss of faith, and what that faith was to a former believer ~ I'd say that you don't appear to have much of an insight into what faith really is.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
God cannot be denied in your life if real; you cannot know Him then turn around and deny Him unless He was never real, to begin with, you losing your faith to the point of denial over anything couldn't change the reality of God if real.

If this is true, then we do not yet know if your faith is real and if God is real to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22

@fmf said
I am fully aware of what the tenets of your faith are.

You believe God is real but you are absolutely desperate to establish that he wasn't real to me when I believed he was.

I'd say you are suffering from a bit of cognitive dissonance.

I'd even go as far as to say ~ because you simply cannot get your head around loss of faith, and what that faith was to a former believer ~ I'd say that you don't appear to have much of an insight into what faith really is.
Believe it or not, I'm not talking about the tenets of my faith. What was real and true
yesterday will be real and true that day forever. I can say it's 70 degrees outside
right now, but that doesn't mean the truth changes when the temperature does; it
means the conditions changed, the truth, when I said it, would remain true
throughout all of the time. You are telling me that the reality of God was real
because you thought so at one time, and now you know that isn't true; the only
thing consistent in that profession is you and your thoughts, not God. Your whole
theology is going on between your ears while Christianity is Christ coming into us;
if you never really had that, how would you know it isn't real?

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
Believe it or not, I'm not talking about the tenets of my faith.
You absolutely are.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
What was real and true
yesterday will be real and true that day forever.
So you believe that God was real to me when I believed in Him, right?

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
I can say it's 70 degrees outside
right now, but that doesn't mean the truth changes when the temperature does; it
means the conditions changed, the truth, when I said it, would remain true
throughout all of the time.
We don't have to speculate and share subjective opinions about the temperature outside. So the analogy is a dud.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
You are telling me that the reality of God was real
because you thought so at one time, and now you know that isn't true; the only
thing consistent in that profession is you and your thoughts, not God.
What I am telling you is that you believe in the "reality of God" just like I used to.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
Your whole
theology is going on between your ears while Christianity is Christ coming into us;
if you never really had that, how would you know it isn't real?
I don't have a "theology", KellyJay. And when Christians say "Christianity is Christ coming into us" it is a tenet of their faith, which is a function of cognition [and not something supernatural], which is, in your parlance, "stuff between your ears."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22

@fmf said
I don't have a "theology", KellyJay. And when Christians say "Christianity is Christ coming into us" it is a tenet of their faith, which is a function of cognition [and not something supernatural], which is, in your parlance, "stuff between your ears."
Truth is consistent; it doesn't change; you changed, not God.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
It doesn't matter to me how many times you refer to the things you have faith in as being "the truth" or unchangeable truths. You will be saying the exactly the same thing about the unchangeable truths of Judaism or Islam if your beliefs change one day and you become a Jew or Muslim.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
We can but speculate about "truth" and "reality" when it comes to supernatural things.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22

@fmf said
We can but speculate about "truth" and "reality" when it comes to supernatural things.
That sums you up I will think about it.