1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 May '22 08:51
    @suzianne said
    "So do you still wonder why, or was my explanation enough for you?" she asked, as if she didn't know the answer already. It was to banish your idiotic theory that people thumb the poster and not what they say.

And it's just nearly all, because even a broken clock is right twice a day. That sounds about right: 2 out of 1440.
    You upset kellyjay who started a thread about the harm on anonymous thumbs.

You are a prime example of their nefarious use.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 08:51
    @divegeester said
    “Baying wolves”?
    How do you feel about flea spray?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:01
    @suzianne said
    It was to banish your idiotic theory that people thumb the poster and not what they say.
    It isn't an idiotic theory. It is the explanation that has been offered ~ and justified ~ by the likes of Relentless Red, WoofWoof, neilarini, Very Rusty and KellyJay too, and others besides.

As an analysis of what goes on here, I think it hits the nail on the thread, and it isn't "idiotic" at all.

Indeed, I find it rather curious that you are now insisting that a huge proportion of thumbs are NOT merely secret/spurious indications of disapproval of given posters.

Indeed, I am fairly sure you have admitted it yourself in the past. You have described thumbs as a chance to send a signal to people who have "personality disorders" that the community just won't put up with it anymore.

You've been saying this kind of thing for years. And you go apoplectic whenever getting rid of anonymity gets mentioned.

I reckon it's only in the last 2-3 days that you have, all of a sudden, been mentioning "disagreeing with content".
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:04
    @fmf said
    It isn't an idiotic theory. It is the explanation that has been offered ~ and justified ~ by the likes of Relentless Red, WoofWoof, neilarini, Very Rusty and KellyJay too, and others besides.

As an analysis of what goes on here, I think it hits the nail on the thread, and it isn't "idiotic" at all.

Indeed, I find it rather curious that you are now insisting that a huge pr ...[text shortened]... nly in the last 2-3 days that you have, all of a sudden, been mentioning "disagreeing with content".
    If only you would talk back to the people in power where you live the way you talk to us.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:08
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not interested in you, but who was Jesus to you.
    Who was Jesus to me? When I was a Christian? OK, I'll tell you. And then why don't you tell me, in return, who Jesus is to you.

When I had Christian faith, Jesus was my saviour who called me.

I believed Jesus was literally and actually "in" me.

Jesus affected everything in my life and in the lives of all my fellow Christians around me.

My faith in Jesus transformed me. faith transformed the lives of all the Christians I knew.

You're a Christian ~ you surely believe these things too, right, even if I no longer do?

So, KellyJay. I have answered you point-blank.

Your turn.

Who is Jesus to you?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:14
    @suzianne said
    Surely, the only way you'll be able to get these baying wolves off your ass is to give them something else to focus their energy on. You know, like giving them what they want most: the names of the people who disagree with them.
    Do you think giving them something like that will change their behavior? I don't.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:16
    @fmf said
    It was, yes. Just as it is for you.
    You can keep telling yourself that if it comforts you, I can talk about Jesus without
    ever referring to myself.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:26
    @fmf said
    Who was Jesus to me? When I was a Christian? OK, I'll tell you. And then why don't you tell me, in return, who Jesus is to you.

Jesus affected everything in my life and in the lives of all my fellow Christians around me.

My faith in Jesus transformed me ...[text shortened]... o longer do?

Your turn.

Who is Jesus to you?
    Yes, to me, He is a Savior, Lord, Good Shepard, Redeemer, Propitiation, King of the
    Universe who created it and sustains it, and I cannot deny it because when I met
    Him I was changed, and that change has been ongoing since I was 25 and had no
    religious training or upbringing at all, and He has been faithful for 42 years now. He
    has been with me through the good times and the most horrible seeing me
    through. I could no more deny Him than my own life.

And still, after all of that, I can talk about Him without referring to myself.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:28
    @kellyjay said
    You can keep telling yourself that if it comforts you, I can talk about Jesus without
    ever referring to myself.
    But you asked me to say who Jesus was to me.

And then when I told you who Jesus was to me you attempted to scold me for telling you who Jesus was to me.

Your gimmick here sounds like a Sunday school teacher trying to manipulate a child.

Or perhaps, more like one Sunday school child trying to manipulate another.

But I am not a child, KellyJay.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:28
    I'm kind of tempted to request that everyone's linguistic lobes get snipped, to see if we all might get along better after that.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:31
    @fmf said

And then when I told you who Jesus was to me you attempted to scold me for telling you who Jesus was to me.

Your gimmick here sounds like a Sunday school teacher trying to manipulate a child.

Your development does seem a little stunted. What happened to you?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:32
    @kellyjay said
    And still, after all of that, I can talk about Him without referring to myself.
    Really?

Here is what you wrote:

Yes, to me, He is a Savior, Lord, Good Shepard, Redeemer, Propitiation, King of the Universe who created it and sustains it, and I cannot deny it because when I met Him I was changed, and that change has been ongoing since I was 25 and had no religious training or upbringing at all, and He has been faithful for 42 years now. He has been with me through the good times and the most horrible seeing me through. I could no more deny Him than my own life.

You seriously think that you didn't refer to yourself?
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 09:34
    @fmf said

My faith in Jesus transformed me ...[text shortened]... o longer do?

Your turn.

Who is Jesus to you?
    Your question at the end seems unnecessarily adversarial in context.

Why not let other people find their own ways through the fictional brambles of our life?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:011 edit
    @fmf said

I asked you to tell me about Jesus, not how a belief in him affected you.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:041 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I asked you to tell me about Jesus, not how a belief in him affected you.
    You asked: "Who was Jesus to you?"

It was a personal question.

You were unable to answer it without referring to yourself.

If you want a dictionary definition of how Jesus's identity and significance is described according to Christian doctrine, then you can Google it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree