1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '22 23:35
    @kellyjay said
    That sums you up I will think about it.
    Good. And it should.

Meanwhile, the fact that you believe your speculation about supernatural things creates "objective facts" sums you up, KellyJay. Think about that, too.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 May '22 00:03
    @fmf said
    Good. And it should.

Meanwhile, the fact that you believe your speculation about supernatural things creates "objective facts" sums you up, KellyJay. Think about that, too.
    You are up for speculation, never concluding, post riding seems about all you are
    good at in many of these questions except telling others about the relationship they
    cannot have with God because He isn't real.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 00:35
    @kellyjay said
    You are up for speculation, never concluding, post riding seems about all you are
    good at in many of these questions except telling others about the relationship they
    cannot have with God because He isn't real.
    I have decades of experiential knowledge of holding the faith that you hold and decades of reflecting upon it. You are caught up in a mindset that impacts your life and your thinking in undeniably real ways. But I have a shrewder insight into it than you do.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 May '22 05:46
    @stryker said
    @divegeester
    What is your belief/opinion about the Bible? Is it the word of God or something else. Can all of it be taken literally, parts of it or none of it? Is it allegory if so to what extent? If allegory, do you think there could be a deeper meaning behind passages not yet revealed as to their meaning or understood by you or others?

Just trying to see the foundation, appreciate the consideration.
    Firstly I am a Christian who looks to the bible as a guide and inspiration.

However, “my opinion” of the bible is that there is absolutely no evidence, none whatsoever, that the bible is the inerrant, complete, inspired word of God. I ran a thread on this a while back if you’re interested, no one could come with any evidence. It’s not even claimed in the bible itself.

As to the bible being entirely literal, I’ve run several threads on that also, and many of the Christians here get most prickly trying to decide if the talking serpent was a literal thing, where the literal “tree of life” is now, and of course the entire book of Revelation itself with all is torture, hellfire, brimstone and Jesus right in the centre of it overseeing it all.

Deeper meaning: no idea. Probably, I’m open to suggestions.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 May '22 09:22
    @fmf said
    I have decades of experiential knowledge of holding the faith that you hold and decades of reflecting upon it. You are caught up in a mindset that impacts your life and your thinking in undeniably real ways. But I have a shrewder insight into it than you do.
    Everything about you is experiential knowledge, speculating; that is it for you, never
    concluding, just questioning. The only point you seem to declare, no matter what,
    God isn't real. You do seem to spend a great deal of time thinking about the thinking
    other others as if that has anything to do with reality.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 09:38
    @kellyjay said
    Everything about you is experiential knowledge, speculating; that is it for you, never
    concluding, just questioning. The only point you seem to declare, no matter what,
    God isn't real. You do seem to spend a great deal of time thinking about the thinking
    other others as if that has anything to do with reality.
    I spend plenty of time thinking about the claims you make. Don't be so disingenuous.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 May '22 09:41
    @fmf said
    I spend plenty of time thinking about the claims you make. Don't be so disingenuous.
    What you think about, unless you say it I can never know. All I do know is you do not
    address a lot of things I say, and you use terms like 'faith speech' to avoid doing so.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 09:44
    @kellyjay said
    What you think about, unless you say it I can never know. All I do know is you do not
    address a lot of things I say, and you use terms like 'faith speech' to avoid doing so.
    I address every coherent and germane thing you say, KellyJay. Studiously so. But I don't get sucked into the evasive spamming gimmick you use when you seem to want to bail out of the specifics of the matter in hand. Our conversations are strewn with answers to your posts that you have just blanked out. You have a similar mentality to dj2becker.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree