1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:08
    @FMF

As time rolls on, wouldn't you agree that it would be better if we were less adversarial in our relations with others?

But if not, why not?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:10
    @fmf said
    Really?

Here is what you wrote:

Yes, to me, He is a Savior, Lord, Good Shepard, Redeemer, Propitiation, King of the Universe who created it and sustains it, and I cannot deny it because when I met Him I was changed, and that change has been ongoing since I was 25 and had no religious training or upbringing at all, and He has been faithful for 42 years now. ...[text shortened]... no more deny Him than my own life[/b].

You seriously think that you didn't refer to yourself?
    I tried more than once, saying I wasn't interested in you, but Jesus.
    You were direct, so I gave you a direct answer.
    If that was not what you meant, clarify as I attempted to do.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:12
    @kellyjay said
    I tried more than once, saying I wasn't interested in you, but Jesus.
    You asked me "Who was Jesus to you?"

The YOU = me.

So I told you who Jesus was to me.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:13
    @kellyjay said
    You were direct, so I gave you a direct answer.
    And you were direct, several times, and I gave you a direct answer over and over again. You kept pretending I hadn't. You are being odd.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:18
    @fmf said
    You asked me "Who was Jesus to you?"

The YOU = me.

So I told you who Jesus was to me.
    I'm done squabbling about this; even now, I do believe you know what I was talking
    about and asking, and you are more interested in being right, so be right; I'm not
    going to push it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:223 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I'm done squabbling about this; even now, I do believe you know what I was talking
    about and asking, and you are more interested in being right, so be right; I'm not
    going to push it.
    Don't run away, KellyJay. Who was Jesus to me? When I had Christian faith, Jesus was my saviour who called me. I believed Jesus was literally and actually "in" me. Jesus affected everything in my life and in the lives of all my fellow Christians around me. My faith in Jesus transformed me. Faith in Jesus transformed the lives of all the Christians I knew. Which bits of this are NOT part of who Jesus is to you?
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:31
    @fmf said
    Which bits of this are NOT part of who Jesus is to you?
    I would imagine it's the bit about telling people not to run away, instead of just allowing them to have a different POV.

Why does it seem you are here to bully other people into seeing things your way?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 10:57
    @divegeester

OK, here's one: Stuck on a one-way trip to the Moon with you and Elon Musk -- pretty sure that would be worse.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 15:58
    @kevin-eleven said
    I would imagine it's the bit about telling people not to run away, instead of just allowing them to have a different POV.

Why does it seem you are here to bully other people into seeing things your way?
    I don’t believe he argues for truth he argues what is between his ears, even if someone disagrees with cause he is reduced to saying that is just their opinion.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '22 16:05
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t believe he argues for truth he argues what is between his ears, even if someone disagrees with cause he is reduced to saying that is just their opinion.
    You just "argue what is between [your] ears" too, KellyJay. That's all you and I have to share here regarding the matters we discuss
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '22 22:071 edit
    @fmf said
    You just "argue what is between [your] ears" too, KellyJay. That's all you and I have to share here regarding the matters we discuss
    No, that is one of the differences between us; my opinion doesn't shape reality into
    what it is, as you think yours does. I do accept you at your word when you say that
    you don't believe in God; we agree that you do not.

I accept that truth never changes, so if God is not real for you now, He could have
    never been real to you according to what you believe now. Whatever you had was
    nothing more than a delusion of sorts that you recognized for what it was, and
    instead of looking for the real thing, you just denied it all. Then are forced to say no
    one could ever have that experience because what you had was false. The only hard
    fact you seem to proclaim to the housetops is that no one can have a real
    relationship with God; for you, that is a hard cold fact; everything else is debatable
    and can never rise above an opinion. At least, that is what I get from talking to you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '22 07:45
    @kellyjay said
    No, that is one of the differences between us; my opinion doesn't shape reality into
    what it is, as you think yours does.
    No one has suggested that your subjective opinions or my subjective opinions "shape reality". It's rather disingenuous for you to suggest any one has.

We can only [1] speculate about the "reality" in question and then [2] agree or disagree about what our speculative opinions are. There is NO [3] we can "shape reality".
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '22 07:46

Removed by poster

14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '22 07:56
    @kellyjay said
    I accept that truth never changes, so if God is not real for you now, He could have
    never been real to you according to what you believe now.
    He was as "real to" me back then as He is "real to" you now.

You believe God is real, right? Well then, you must believe that the same God - the one I no longer believe in - was nevertheless was real when I believed in Him.

You must surely believe He was real and is real, regardless of what I believe now.

So, it's baffling how you keep wittering on about how "God was never real to" me. Of course he was, KellyJay.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '22 07:57

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree