Good vs Evil

Good vs Evil

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@medullah said
I don't know of anyone that would tolerate a kiddie fiddler, it's still the one thing that society will not accept, although there is currently an attempt to change the perspective and call it "age gap love".

I would recommend that you read up on the Canaanites, as if you know little you are very much blind in the discussion, and there are cults today that keep the practices going.
Have done a little research into the Canaanites and although they were one of the first civilizations in their region to use writing, they wrote mostly on papyrus leaves (which haven't survived.) As a result, our only real information about these people has come from their rivals and enemies. Can we really trust this information at face value and use it to justify their genocide?

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@medullah said
@Eladar

Your query was how "Everyone" was covered in the answer.

I haven't ignored anything. I answered the question that you asked me. The Nations are everyone.
No you totally ignored the rest of the sentence. If you are not willing to acknowledge the entire verse, then I suppose we will call it over.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
No you totally ignored the rest of the sentence. If you are not willing to acknowledge the entire verse, then I suppose we will call it over.
We accept your complete capitulation.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
We accept your complete capitulation.
If you want to carry on the discussion, join the in all the world thread.

No need discussing Bible verses with people who ignore most of the verse. I give up on a discussion with you because you are blind. No more casting Pearls before a swine like you.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
If you want to carry on the discussion, join the in all the world thread.

No need discussing Bible verses with people who ignore most of the verse. I give up on a discussion with you because you are blind. No more casting Pearls before a swine like you.
Your pearls are mostly marbles.

Never known a Christian to so thoroughly misunderstand their own religious texts.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Never known a Christian to so thoroughly misunderstand their own religious texts.
You can oink all you like.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
You can oink all you like.
And you can pound your padded walls.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said

They're certainly not pearls but I don't think they're marbles, he seems to have lost those a while ago. Some sort of dung balls, maybe.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@avalanchethecat said
They're certainly not pearls but I don't think they're marbles, he seems to have lost those a while ago. Some sort of dung balls, maybe.
Thank you for validating what Jesus said would happen if I did cast pearls before swine.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
Thank you for validating what Jesus said would happen if I did cast pearls before swine.
You're not the first crack-pot to rattle around this forum making that claim. I'd say you're in good company.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have done a little research into the Canaanites and although they were one of the first civilizations in their region to use writing, they wrote mostly on papyrus leaves (which haven't survived.) As a result, our only real information about these people has come from their rivals and enemies. Can we really trust this information at face value and use it to justify their genocide?
Again a very fair question.

Ordinarily I wouldn't believe any excuse that I heard for one country to go and invade another (e.g. America/Afghanistan, UK/Iraq Germany/Poland) But this is slightly different.

If we accept that the bible is the word of God (I do with a caveat) then I'm good with the biblical rationale. If one isn't that convinced of the authenticity of the bible the we get some interesting tangents, including the possibility that you have suggested..

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Aug 21
1 edit

I think that Eladar's toys have gone one way and the pram the other.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@medullah said
I think that Eladar's toys have gone one way and the pram the other.
Go to the all the world thread. You can play there if you like.

Who knows maybe you will be forced to see the light.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
Go to the all the world thread. You can play there if you like.

Who knows maybe you will be forced to see the light.
If one is "forced" to see the light, it does no good.

This is why Pascal got it wrong.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@suzianne said
If one is "forced" to see the light, it does no good.

This is why Pascal got it wrong.
When brought into the light, the darkness disappears. In this thread a discussion of the verse is impossible. Maybe it is in the other as well, we shall see.