1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 15:07
    Do we all have the same opinion about what is good as opposed to what is evil?

Case in point, I believe the genocide by the Isrselites as they entered the promised land is good. Does everyone agree with me?
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 16:11
    @eladar said
    Do we all have the same opinion about what is good as opposed to what is evil?

Case in point, I believe the genocide by the Isrselites as they entered the promised land is good. Does everyone agree with me?
    No. Genocide is never justified. It is never 'good.'
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 16:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No. Genocide is never justified. It is never 'good.'
    How can we disagree about what is good and evil. Raj claims everyone believes the same thing about right and wrong or good and evil.

Could Raj be wrong?
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 16:36
    @eladar said
    How can we disagree about what is good and evil. Raj claims everyone believes the same thing about right and wrong or good and evil.

Could Raj be wrong?
    Where has he said that?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 16:38
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    In the Thanking God thread.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 16:49
    @eladar said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    In the Thanking God thread.
    Is that where he said, 'People know right from wrong and are fully aware of the consequences of their actions. Very rarely this is not the case' ?

I'm assuming this relates to Romans 2:15. -'They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness...'
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 17:031 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Is that where he said, 'People know right from wrong and are fully aware of the consequences of their actions. Very rarely this is not the case' ?

I'm assuming this relates to Romans 2:15. -'They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness...'
    You need to avoid the Bible is you believe that quote was supposed to be true for all people. Raj should do the same if you are correct about what he was talking about.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 18:20
    @eladar said
    You need to avoid the Bible is you believe that quote was supposed to be true for all people. Raj should do the same if you are correct about what he was talking about.
    That quote even applied to gentiles.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 18:28
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That quote even applied to gentiles.
    Where did Paul write it applies to all people? Obviously it was written about some gentiles, but not all.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 20:14
    @eladar said
    Where did Paul write it applies to all people? Obviously it was written about some gentiles, but not all.
    When you are on the losing side of an argument, dissipate.

“Every human being in the world has an inborn knowledge of God and his law.”
    (John Piper - Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church)

Paul is telling us that all human beings have sufficient knowledge of what is right and wrong written on their hearts, so that their consciences can accuse them or affirm them.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 20:211 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    When you are on the losing side of an argument, dissipate.

“Every human being in the world has an inborn knowledge of God and his law.”
    (John Piper - Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church)

Paul is telling us that all human beings have sufficient knowledge of what is right and wrong written on their hearts, so that their consciences can accuse them or affirm them.
    John Piper is God? If not, then support the claim with scripture.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 20:40
    But let's assume all people are born with God's truth, how is it that we disagree on the original question of the thread?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 21:31
    @eladar said
    But let's assume all people are born with God's truth, how is it that we disagree on the original question of the thread?
    Have you found anybody who agrees with you?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '21 21:361 edit
    @avalanchethecat said
    Have you found anybody who agrees with you?
    I think any real Christisn would. Only those who are fooling themselves by calling themselves Christian would disagree with me.

We will see if Duke can answer my question.
  15. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 04:011 edit
    @eladar said

Could Raj be wrong?
    there were exactly 200 "angels/aliens" who came down and talked to Enoch. they gave him rules for everyone to follow. in other words good/evil..but then they were eyeing the Earth women and mated with them.. that didn't work out very good.. Noah's ten commandments were like a thousand years later...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree