1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 07:37
    @eladar said
    But let's assume all people are born with God's truth, how is it that we disagree on the original question of the thread?
    I'm assuming your default setting is that murder is wrong? I'm assuming also that your default setting is that genocide is wrong? - All normal people share this outlook, irrespective of their religious outlook.

It is you, Eladar, who have chosen to believe the genocide by the Israelites as they entered the promised land was good and that this revelation has come from a God of some description. (Even though it means going against your default setting to believe this).
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 09:381 edit
    @eladar said
    I think any real Christisn would. Only those who are fooling themselves by calling themselves Christian would disagree with me.

We will see if Duke can answer my question.
    You think Jesus would agree with you? You think Jesus, after whom Christianity is named, would advocate the genocide of the Palestinian Arabs?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:06
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm assuming your default setting is that murder is wrong? I'm assuming also that your default setting is that genocide is wrong? - All normal people share this outlook, irrespective of their religious outlook.

It is you, Eladar, who have chosen to believe the genocide by the Israelites as they entered the promised land was good and that this revelation has come f ...[text shortened]... God of some description. (Even though it means going against your default setting to believe this).
    Your assumption is wrong, now will you answer my question? If you are holding true to form you will not.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:08
    @avalanchethecat said
    You think Jesus would agree with you? You think Jesus, after whom Christianity is named, would advocate the genocide of the Palestinian Arabs?
    Of course Jesus would agree with me. He believed that those who were not Jews were like dogs.

Jesus believes that the will of God is good as nd to go against the will of God is evil.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:15
    @eladar said
    Of course Jesus would agree with me. He believed that those who were not Jews were like dogs.

Jesus believes that the will of God is good as nd to go against the will of God is evil.
    I can't tell if you're trolling or if you have really misunderstood the message of Christianity so profoundly.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:26
    @avalanchethecat said
    I can't tell if you're trolling or if you have really misunderstood the message of Christianity so profoundly.
    Lol, a blind person lecturing me on the message of Christianity.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:34
    @eladar said
    Lol, a blind person lecturing me on the message of Christianity.
    Wow, so you're really not trolling? Have you actually read the NT?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:44
    @avalanchethecat said
    Wow, so you're really not trolling? Have you actually read the NT?
    Do you really believe you would understand what it says if you read it?

Here is something from Roman's 1

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

You do know the due penalty is death by stoning. Here we have the New Testament supporting the execution of gay men. Is this the NT message according to you?
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 10:49
    @eladar said
    Do you really believe you would understand what it says if you read it?

Here is something from Roman's 1

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

You do know the due penalty is death by ston ...[text shortened]... have the New Testament supporting the execution of gay men. Is this the NT message according to you?
    Ok man, whatever you say.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 12:201 edit
    @eladar said
    Your assumption is wrong, now will you answer my question? If you are holding true to form you will not.
    Like I say, all 'normal people.' I guess I assumed too much in this regard.

In the meantime, I direct you to your own 10 commandments.

Edit: What question do you think I haven't answered? I think you have profoundly misunderstood your own religious texts to an almost laughable extent.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 12:22
    @avalanchethecat said
    I believe the latter is true.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 12:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Like I say, all 'normal people.' I guess I assumed too much in this regard.

In the meantime, I direct you to your own 10 commandments.

Edit: What question do you think I haven't answered? I think you have profoundly misunderstood your own religious texts to an almost laughable extent.
    The question is if all people know God's truth and all know right from wrong, then why do we disagree on the genocide question in the original post?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 13:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I believe the latter is true.
    I think the poor lad's been out in the sun too long. Still, this place gets a bit dull when the nutjobs stop posting, so there's that.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 13:39
    @avalanchethecat said
    I think the poor lad's been out in the sun too long. Still, this place gets a bit dull when the nutjobs stop posting, so there's that.
    So you believe that what I quoted about executing gay men is not in the NT?
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '21 13:55
    @eladar said
    So you believe that what I quoted about executing gay men is not in the NT?
    Curious that you would choose this subject to make your stand on. I wonder if it was an unreasoning hatred for homosexuality that started you on this path that led you to this point where you seem happy to believe that Jesus would have supported the murder of innocents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree